Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are tooting your own horn a bit too much here brother.
Tooting?

I dont Toot! I positively toll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMFaOWW5qdM

Old 10-29-2010, 06:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Tooting?

I dont Toot! I positively toll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMFaOWW5qdM

Old 10-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Maldonado136

wow great timing vadim fecalstain you wait until after brock loses and then start talking! how can he want fedor to fight these guys when he wont even get him to fight at strikeforce?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
wow great timing vadim fecalstain you wait until after brock loses and then start talking! how can he want fedor to fight these guys when he wont even get him to fight at strikeforce?
I would have to do some digging, but I am pretty sure that Finkelstein eluded to these same things in the past when asked about Lesnar. Also, he was just answering a question, not making a formal press release simply to trash Brock.

Fedor is at an entirely different stage of his career, and he doesn't have to cater to anybody who doesn't want to play ball on his terms if he doesn't want to. His legacy is already cemented, and what Fedor has accomplished is pretty remarkable in a sport where we see time and time again that anything can happen. Granted, M-1 and Fedor may overstate his actual worth in terms of international drawing power when they are sitting at the bargaining table, but that's another perk that comes with being on the level of a guy like Fedor. If he doesn't want to fight 3 times a year, that's his choice and he has earned the right to make that choice at this point.

All to often, sports fans, especially fight fans, feel like they have a sense of entitlement when it comes to what athletes should be doing. If a fighter gets towards the end of his career and starts fighting less, people say he's a coward. If a player on a team becomes a free agent and leaves for another city, the fans hate the guy like Lebron James. I personally just think it's silly.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:38 AM

The thing with lesnar is he is 33 years old how much do people expect him to improve... Hes gonns be constently losing what made him champion in the first place the next couple years... Which is freak world class athletisism!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
I would have to do some digging, but I am pretty sure that Finkelstein eluded to these same things in the past when asked about Lesnar. Also, he was just answering a question, not making a formal press release simply to trash Brock.

Fedor is at an entirely different stage of his career, and he doesn't have to cater to anybody who doesn't want to play ball on his terms if he doesn't want to. His legacy is already cemented, and what Fedor has accomplished is pretty remarkable in a sport where we see time and time again that anything can happen. Granted, M-1 and Fedor may overstate his actual worth in terms of international drawing power when they are sitting at the bargaining table, but that's another perk that comes with being on the level of a guy like Fedor. If he doesn't want to fight 3 times a year, that's his choice and he has earned the right to make that choice at this point.

All to often, sports fans, especially fight fans, feel like they have a sense of entitlement when it comes to what athletes should be doing. If a fighter gets towards the end of his career and starts fighting less, people say he's a coward. If a player on a team becomes a free agent and leaves for another city, the fans hate the guy like Lebron James. I personally just think it's silly.
Very good points.

Later.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
The thing with lesnar is he is 33 years old how much do people expect him to improve... Hes gonns be constently losing what made him champion in the first place the next couple years... Which is freak world class athletisism!!!

Randy made his debut at 32.. and he's done nothing but get better...
Old 11-02-2010, 02:58 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:

Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Randy made his debut at 32.. and he's done nothing but get better...
Randy is almost an exception to the rule.... Name any other athlete who has been able to compete at an avanced age like randy... Why should it be expected from lesnar whenn its so rare
Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Randy is almost an exception to the rule.... Name any other athlete who has been able to compete at an avanced age like randy... Why should it be expected from lesnar whenn its so rare
Your prolly 100% right..

but (and again.. I don't consider myself his biggest fan).. I woudln't put it past him..

Chuck went on a HUGE tear in his 30s.. getting better and better...7 wins in a row... (only to be book ended but Jackson)

Evan Tanner started fighting in his 30s.. 33 I belive???

What I am saying is that starting as a fighter in your 30s.. isn't a bad thing...

and I will be 44 in July.. I dno't know that I would call 47 "advanced"...I am in great shape.. no Randy.. but like you pointed out.. few are.