Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Hughes fanboy

Default Cain

First off, I'm betting someone is going to write a heading to an article entitled "Raising Cain" - just sayin'.

Personally, I had slightly bet on Cain for this fight. I didn't want to root against Brock because I've met him and he lives in my state, but Cain seemed much more dangerous overall than Brock who just looked like a Vanilla Gorilla.

Now, I'm predicting Cain will have some trouble with Junior - as Junior is fast on his feet, but think Cain will still win the UD.

The thing is with UFC is no one champion can hang in there forever. Everyone said BJ was unstoppable, till he was stopped, same with Anderson till Chael raped him for 4.5 rounds. Cain will be champ, but eventually someone will rise through the ranks and beat him as well. Or, someone will enter the UFC and become the HW version of Jon Jones and will quickly ascend in rank, then beat Cain. Or, perhaps Brock will get a rematch and win?

But then that guy will lose. I don't know what people make such legends out of these guys. They are all beatable, everyone has someone's number out there. Close rant.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
First off, I'm betting someone is going to write a heading to an article entitled "Raising Cain" - just sayin'.

Personally, I had slightly bet on Cain for this fight. I didn't want to root against Brock because I've met him and he lives in my state, but Cain seemed much more dangerous overall than Brock who just looked like a Vanilla Gorilla.

Now, I'm predicting Cain will have some trouble with Junior - as Junior is fast on his feet, but think Cain will still win the UD.

The thing is with UFC is no one champion can hang in there forever. Everyone said BJ was unstoppable, till he was stopped, same with Anderson till Chael raped him for 4.5 rounds. Cain will be champ, but eventually someone will rise through the ranks and beat him as well. Or, someone will enter the UFC and become the HW version of Jon Jones and will quickly ascend in rank, then beat Cain. Or, perhaps Brock will get a rematch and win?

But then that guy will lose. I don't know what people make such legends out of these guys. They are all beatable, everyone has someone's number out there. Close rant.
Chael Sonnen cheated twice and still lost.

Other than that, I agree, we can't hand anybody the key to city in MMA because MMA fans have the shortest memories on the planet. BJ had been stopped before at 155 and 170, but he is still one of the most talented fighters in the world. Fedor lost to Werdum but even though it's his only loss in like 10 years people think he sucks now. Same with Anderson, Chael comes in and has a good showing and all of a sudden Silva sucks.

Cain doesn't even have 10 fights yet, so the odds are definitely against him being able to have an extended run, but then again that really depends on the UFC's matchmaking and what transpires. Cain is a good tough HW who is well rounded, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat anybody in the world, but he isn't vastly ahead of the pack in any one area that makes you say "wow, who is gonna stop that?".
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 AM

Cain's speed and movement reminded me of another small heavy weight that a lot of people seemed to thing Brock would kill. Cain's victory only confirmed (for me) that Fedor would throttle Brock.

[
Old 10-26-2010, 07:35 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Here is Cain on the George Lopez show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAQ6l2KMAaw

He talks about the fight, and says he's not sure if Brock ever did get that burrito and Corona. Lopez then thought it would be fitting if he and Cain ate a PB&J with the crust removed and glass of milk to celebrate his victory.

Last edited by J.B.; 10-26-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 AM
logrus

"Well only time will tell." Its a funny saying but in MMA there is some truth to it. This could very well be the dawn of Cain and the demise of Lesner. Part of me thinks that this could just be a little bump in the round. Something along the lines of when Serra beat Gsp.

Personally if I was Brock I would just drop myself down the list and build up my experience.

JB, Sonnen cheated twice?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Juice and Ghost-Tap
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 AM

I like the way he carries himself. he's going to be a good champ.

[
Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Here is Cain on the George Lopez show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAQ6l2KMAaw

He talks about the fight, and says he's not sure if Brock ever did get that burrito and Corona. Lopez then thought it would be fitting if he and Cain ate a PB&J with the crust removed and glass of milk to celebrate his victory.

that's hilarious ...

yeah, right now anything can happen in mma ... only gsp looks unbeatable at his weight class since retaining the belt .. but who knows, he still has to fight guys like koscheck, shields and fitch again ... heck maybe even diego .. but cain is not going to have a walk in the park ...
Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Cain's speed and movement reminded me of another small heavy weight that a lot of people seemed to thing Brock would kill. Cain's victory only confirmed (for me) that Fedor would throttle Brock.

Exactly!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:21 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Juice and Ghost-Tap
ahhhh, forgot about the ghost tap...