Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
If Brock were to go back to WWE.. I would publicly kiss Tyburn's.... ermmmm.. backside..

He has said many times that he wanted to do real fighting... just no way he goes back to that... He would lose all credibility if he did that...
I can't say I disagree with you.

I wouldn't hate the man for it, but it would definitely hurt his reputation in the eyes of a lot of fans. That's pretty much why I think he won't do it, but we have to wait and see. Maybe Brock figures it's a good chunk of change and he don't plan on putting his body through much more abuse? The man is set for life as it is anyway. Just a thought.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I've read lots of stuff too. Like Dana and Shane-O-Mac are close and have been talking or a while. Who knows?

Personally, I think the Wrestlemania rumors are just smoke too. I don't doubt that Vince would make a play for it, but I just don't see Brock biting. If I remember correctly, Brock burned some bridges when he left the WWE, and I think he would feel like he ran away from MMA after getting beat up. Not to mention, Brock has made it clear that he wants to take time off, and going on the road with the WWE's traveling circus to promote probably isn't what he had in mind. Although, if the rumor is true that Vince did in fact make an offer to Brock, I'm sure it was a generous one.

Unless there is some big diabolical scheme between UFC and WWE, which I also highly doubt, we can be sure that Dana and the Fertita's will attempt to talk Brock out of anything like that. I don't see them being comfortable with Lesnar selling PPV's for anybody else, and I don't see them wanting to be associated any more closely to Pro-Wrestling because it's something they have worked hard to escape over the last decade.

Besides....who jobs in that match? I would be pissed if they broke the streak, and I don't think Lesnar would wanna lose again, even if it is staged.
No one jobs it is just a samrt move by Vince to capitialize on Mark's love for mma and dislike for Brock. Vince is desperate as WWE PPVS have declined and rating are in the toliet.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Chris F

It seems it even made TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/25/ufc-pr...challenge-wwe/
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
No one jobs it is just a samrt move by Vince to capitialize on Mark's love for mma and dislike for Brock. Vince is desperate as WWE PPVS have declined and rating are in the toliet.
When Brock started in MMA he said he was done with the wear and tear of a pro-wrestling, but he would always be up for taking part in Wrestlemania, so maybe if there is enough money on the table he will actually do it. Ratings have been crappy, but they always get a boost around Wrestlemania time. Vince has had to go out of his way to get big draws the last few years, bringing back Bret Hart this year, and bringing in Mayweather a couple years ago. I could see him pushing really hard for this to happen.

It sucks that WWE has fallen off so much, I used to be a huge fan back in the day, but now I rarely follow it. I heard Undertaker got buried alive by Kane last night (obviously setting up the break for surgery), and I just laughed because that was one of my all time favorite feuds when it first started and I can't believe they still went back to it after all these years. They just need better characters, like in the 90's. Too many guys nowadays try to use their own name or some stupid stage name that's not corny enough. The attitude era was great, but it was like the peak of the mountain, and now we are back in the valley. Gotta come up with something new.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Chris F

Quote:
When Brock started in MMA he said he was done with the wear and tear of a pro-wrestling, but he would always be up for taking part in Wrestlemania, so maybe if there is enough money on the table he will actually do it. Ratings have been crappy, but they always get a boost around Wrestlemania time. Vince has had to go out of his way to get big draws the last few years, bringing back Bret Hart this year, and bringing in Mayweather a couple years ago. I could see him pushing really hard for this to happen.

It sucks that WWE has fallen off so much, I used to be a huge fan back in the day, but now I rarely follow it. I heard Undertaker got buried alive by Kane last night (obviously setting up the break for surgery), and I just laughed because that was one of my all time favorite feuds when it first started and I can't believe they still went back to it after all these years. They just need better characters, like in the 90's. Too many guys nowadays try to use their own name or some stupid stage name that's not corny enough. The attitude era was great, but it was like the peak of the mountain, and now we are back in the valley. Gotta come up with something new.
Early 90's was great. I hated the attitude ara way to raunchy and too much talking. Slowly they were getting back to wrestling but as of late its back to the soap oprea stuff. Mark is never gonna loose at Mania. A scenario I see for Atlanta if it happened would be Goldberg (who is rumored to be inducted into the HOF this year could cost Brock the match and Taker keeps the streak. But even that would make it tainted. What i see really happening is Taker vs Cena (who turns heel) That would sell tickets. Brock might make an appearence maybe induct Heyman into the HOF then screw Undertake and the streak? THis is what Vince wants people talking.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Vince is a good promoter, maybe the best ever. Even when the WWE's ratings are down, it's still a billion dollar company.

It would be great if Brock and Undertaker fought at Wrestlemania and at the end Dana White came out with Cain Velasquez and screwed Brock when the ref wasn't looking so Taker keeps the streak.

Then a reincarnation of the LWO comes out and jumps Brock while Cain and Dana laugh....The next night on RAW Lesnar could come out raging like a bull, with a clean shave.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:56 PM

It makes sense that it would be hype. Ariel is also a huge Wrestling fan so he was probably in on it.

[
Old 10-26-2010, 04:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Vince is a good promoter, maybe the best ever. Even when the WWE's ratings are down, it's still a billion dollar company.

It would be great if Brock and Undertaker fought at Wrestlemania and at the end Dana White came out with Cain Velasquez and screwed Brock when the ref wasn't looking so Taker keeps the streak.

Then a reincarnation of the LWO comes out and jumps Brock while Cain and Dana laugh....The next night on RAW Lesnar could come out raging like a bull, with a clean shave.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, I'd be down for that!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:13 AM
atomdanger

Best setup for Brock @ wrestlemania if you ask me.
Its already in the works.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Latest news on this is that Dana put the kibosh on the idea and said they have Lesnar locked up in a contract.