Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Hughes fanboy

The Undertaker seems like a drama queen who likes to play games.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

The other thing to consider here is that both Brock and the Undertaker are actors. This may have been something that was pre-planned to happen.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:19 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
The other thing to consider here is that both Brock and the Undertaker are actors. This may have been something that was pre-planned to happen.
You think Ariel Helwanni was in on it? I don't know...

Could it have been scripted? Yeah, but Brock didn't seem to play along very well. Brock looked like a pretty upset individual and he just kept on walking.

If it's true that WWE did offer Lesnar a contract, which is what has been reported, then obviously Taker was referring to the match at Wrestle-Mania, but that doesn't mean there isn't some real bad blood between the two guys. From all accounts I've read, Brock didn't get along with a lot of people in the WWE. I always laugh when people say that all the pro-wrestlers are friends behind the scenes, that couldn't be further from the truth. Sure, a lot of them are close friends, but that's a cut-throat industry and a lot of REAL feuds/rivalries go on all the time.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You think Ariel Helwanni was in on it? I don't know...

Could it have been scripted? Yeah, but Brock didn't seem to play along very well. Brock looked like a pretty upset individual and he just kept on walking.

If it's true that WWE did offer Lesnar a contract, which is what has been reported, then obviously Taker was referring to the match at Wrestle-Mania, but that doesn't mean there isn't some real bad blood between the two guys. From all accounts I've read, Brock didn't get along with a lot of people in the WWE. I always laugh when people say that all the pro-wrestlers are friends behind the scenes, that couldn't be further from the truth. Sure, a lot of them are close friends, but that's a cut-throat industry and a lot of REAL feuds/rivalries go on all the time.
I don't really think it's scripted, just throwing out the possibility. Will be interesting to see where this goes...
Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I don't really think it's scripted, just throwing out the possibility. Will be interesting to see where this goes...
I kinda hope he doesn't do it.

It's one thing for Floyd to do the match with Big-Show. That was just hilarious, and that's what it was meant to be.

This would look like Brock is running away from MMA after losing, and the hardcore fans who were just starting to get over him coming FROM the WWE, would have a hard time accepting him if he ever fought again.

Plus, Brock in the WWE could never be this good again...

Unless they get Cain Velasquez too, then they could keep the whole America vs Mexico theme going. Cain could wear a suit and tie and be one of Vince's cronies named "Mr. Velasquez".

Or, maybe the Undertaker's brother "Kane" will reveal he was adopted and is actually named "Cain" and he was born in Mexico City. Then I would probably start watching WWE again.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, that's awesome!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:

Plus, Brock in the WWE could never be this good again...

Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Never going to see Bock/Undertaker ... We will see Fedor/Couture first...

First... Undertaker isn't a fighter.. and it well past his prime to try and really do it. .. so it would have to be a pro wrestling match.

So going with a wrestling match.. the UFC would not want to see a Top 5 HW fighter lose a wrestling match.. (one of the reasons that we don't see UFC fighters competing in other types of fighting.. K-1, Aub Dabi and such).. and The WWE would not let Undertaker lose to Brock unless he is really coming back.

If it were a Brock/Undertaker match.. and Brock were coming back to WWE.. then who knows... but Brock coming back to WWE???? No way.

So.. that leaves a MMA match.. you aren't going to see a MMA match with a 45 year old pro wrestler...

What I do see is that maybe the two companies are trying to get some more cross promotion.. but the WWE is the one with something to really gain..
Old 10-26-2010, 02:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Never going to see Bock/Undertaker ... We will see Fedor/Couture first...

First... Undertaker isn't a fighter.. and it well past his prime to try and really do it. .. so it would have to be a pro wrestling match.

So going with a wrestling match.. the UFC would not want to see a Top 5 HW fighter lose a wrestling match.. (one of the reasons that we don't see UFC fighters competing in other types of fighting.. K-1, Aub Dabi and such).. and The WWE would not let Undertaker lose to Brock unless he is really coming back.

If it were a Brock/Undertaker match.. and Brock were coming back to WWE.. then who knows... but Brock coming back to WWE???? No way.

So.. that leaves a MMA match.. you aren't going to see a MMA match with a 45 year old pro wrestler...

What I do see is that maybe the two companies are trying to get some more cross promotion.. but the WWE is the one with something to really gain..
Undertaker says flat out in the video that he is too old for MMA. He said if it was this big 20 years ago he would have got into it. He has always been a huge fight fan. He walked out with Pacquiao for a fight a long time ago, way before the De La Hoya fight when Manny blew up.

I highly doubt there is any real cross-promotion going on while the UFC is still under contract with Spike TV. They promote TNA and that would be a conflict of interest, not to mention that it makes no sense for the UFC.

The rumor is that Brock has been offered a contract for Wrestlemania to face Undertaker, but Brock isn't expected to make any comments for at least a couple weeks. There is also a rumor that Brock actually contacted Vince and told him his UFC contract was expired. At this point it's all rumors, just gotta wait and see.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Undertaker says flat out in the video that he is too old for MMA. He said if it was this big 20 years ago he would have got into it. He has always been a huge fight fan. He walked out with Pacquiao for a fight a long time ago, way before the De La Hoya fight when Manny blew up.

I highly doubt there is any real cross-promotion going on while the UFC is still under contract with Spike TV. They promote TNA and that would be a conflict of interest, not to mention that it makes no sense for the UFC.

The rumor is that Brock has been offered a contract for Wrestlemania to face Undertaker, but Brock isn't expected to make any comments for at least a couple weeks. There is also a rumor that Brock actually contacted Vince and told him his UFC contract was expired. At this point it's all rumors, just gotta wait and see.

If Brock were to go back to WWE.. I would publicly kiss Tyburn's.... ermmmm.. backside..

He has said many times that he wanted to do real fighting... just no way he goes back to that... He would lose all credibility if he did that...