Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
He did verbally submit, right?
Not exactly.

He had doubt and hesitation in the Garden of Gethsemene during his Passion...but it wasnt submission...it was more like aggreeing to a particular "Game plan" So if you want to say he submitted to the will of his "Corner" then yes...doesnt every fighter?

He did not submit to the Devil. Far from it. The Devil was hoping I am sure that Christ would save himself for that would be to lose "heart" and give up the victory of claiming back his People.

Death was not the Final Bell...it was simply the end of the Second round

The Devil was winning on Points in the eyes of the Judges perhaps...but during the Third...Lucifer got KTFO. The price was paid...Satan lost the bet and sealed his own fate with his pride and arrogance and ego. Perhaps the ultimate playing possum from Jesus....and naturally winning the fight two rounds thus far, I'm sure Lucifer felt confident that the Cross would change Christs mind.

It didnt. Christ followed the insturctions of his Corner even in a difficult situation

So...No Jesus didnt tap.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Not exactly.

He had doubt and hesitation in the Garden of Gethsemene during his Passion...but it wasnt submission...it was more like aggreeing to a particular "Game plan" So if you want to say he submitted to the will of his "Corner" then yes...doesnt every fighter?

He did not submit to the Devil. Far from it. The Devil was hoping I am sure that Christ would save himself for that would be to lose "heart" and give up the victory of claiming back his People.

The Devil was winning on Points in the eyes of the Judges perhaps...but during the Third...Lucifer got KTFO. The price was paid...Satan lost the bet and sealed his own fate with his pride and arrogance and ego. Perhaps the ultimate playing possum from Jesus....and naturally winning the fight two rounds thus far, I'm sure Lucifer felt confident that the Cross would change Christs mind.

It didnt. Christ followed the insturctions of his Corner even in a difficult situation

So...No Jesus didnt tap.
Right, and Jesus knew he was in for a battle when he said Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me, yet not as I will, but as You will
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Not exactly.

So...No Jesus didnt tap.

What an analogy.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar

What an analogy.

Sometimes I suprise myself
Old 03-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Not exactly.

So...No Jesus didnt tap.
I'm talking about when he was on the cross. didn't He say "it is done and "gave up his spirit"?

[
Old 03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I'm talking about when he was on the cross. didn't He say "it is done and "gave up his spirit"?
He said "into your hands I commend my Spirit"

But he wasnt fighting against the being he said that to. And his physical death was not the end of the match.

So he submitted to the will of his corner and camp, of course...but not to his opponent.

Lucifer was betting on Christ saving himself. Lucifer didnt think Christ would have the heart to actually go through with his own death at the hands of his own creation. Lucifer was betting that he wouldnt have the stamina nor strength to go all the way to death. At some point, Christ would have quit, would have steped down from the cross and spared himself.

Doing that would have cost him his whole creation. It would all have gone to Satan, pinkslips style. Satan would have claim to all creation through the Law...because noones perfection could have saved them.

In order for Christ to tap out, he'd have had to stop the trail, stop the passion, stop the torture, and stop the crucifixition, all of which he could do, and could have done at any point in time during. But once he had died...then the tables were turned. The sacrifice was like the point at which a fighter gets hurt and the other suddenly pounces.

Some scholars, and myself, believe that Christ not only died, but that the human part of Christ which was capable of sin, capable of temptation, and acted as the Human side of the bridge, actually went to Hell, the very act would have obliterated such a place. For if Hell is a place without GOD...were GOD to enter it...where would the Devil hide? where could he go but into the presence.

it was that desolate day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday where, in chronology, the decisive war was won.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
In order for Christ to tap out, he'd have had to stop the trail, stop the passion, stop the torture, and stop the crucifixition, all of which he could do, and could have done at any point in time during. But once he had died...then the tables were turned. The sacrifice was like the point at which a fighter gets hurt and the other suddenly pounces.
The passion, the torture and crucifixtion affected his conscious, human being. when he spoke those words and gave up his spirit he ended his worldly suffering. He didn't submit to his opponent (fighters don't in the cage) they submit to the ref. Who was the ref in this situation? I don't have to tell you that. Who was Christ talking to?

[

Last edited by Llamafighter; 03-11-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
The passion, the torture and crucifixtion affected his conscious, human being. when he spoke those words and gave up his spirit he ended his worldly suffering. He didn't submit to his opponent (fighters don't in the cage) they submit to the ref. Who was the ref in this situation? I don't have to tell you that. Who was Christ talking to?
GOD and Christ are the same person. When Hughes fights...is he also the Ref?

The Bout isnt ended with a physical death. This is a spiritual war. You can die and still be fighting for one or other side. Its simply a different round, the action continues.

What Christ did was more like pick up his opponent, walk to his corner, slam him and then ask "what do you want me to do now...finish him? OKAY I'll do that then"

You got to know that GOD cant be the Ref...he's biased. Would you let Patrick Miletich Ref a Title Fight for Hughes against GSP??
Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Crisco

5) You know your addicted to MMA... when your discussing whether Jesus Christ did or did not tap out.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
5) You know your addicted to MMA... when your discussing whether Jesus Christ did or did not tap out.