Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-09-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
We know that he cheated on his wife and eventually divorced her and married the woman that he had an affair with and is unrepentant about the whole situation. What else is there to know?
Well how far do you hold him it against him, yes he has committed a sin but how do we know that in every other action he is desperatly trying to live in a good Christian way?

I am not saying what he has done is correct but that doesnt stain him a christian person for his entire life.

From what i recall as well, i know Matt in his book says that afterwards he had judged Randy without knowing the full facts and felt he should have been there more as a friend.

All i am saying is that we dont know what was happening in that marriage and what problems were there and how much Randy agonised over some of his actions. Furthermore, do we know for certain he had sex with her?

I only plead caution because i believe you more than anyone knows how people judge Matt Hughes without knowing the real him and the real story behind it. I would dare to say the same about Randy and yourself before judging him.

The point being, perhaps there is more to know......................?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Maglorius

I am always looking for Christ in someones life, ie singers, actors, fighters and when I hear them thank Jesus or hear them sing about him I am always wondering, are they real believers. I am not in their personal circle so I cannot say for sure but Caveman hit the nail on the head. That we will see fruit by how they live their lives. If someone claims to be a Christian but is living in a sinful way and is unrepentant, than there is a good chance they are not truly reborn. We can't assume all are sheep. Now it is different to be struggling with sin than to be living in a sinful manner and unrepentant about it. I just hope that with these guys in the position they are in and the influence they have on people that they are true Christ followers and can use the gift God gave them to glorify and honour him.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglorius
I am always looking for Christ in someones life, ie singers, actors, fighters and when I hear them thank Jesus or hear them sing about him I am always wondering, are they real believers. I am not in their personal circle so I cannot say for sure but Caveman hit the nail on the head. That we will see fruit by how they live their lives. If someone claims to be a Christian but is living in a sinful way and is unrepentant, than there is a good chance they are not truly reborn. We can't assume all are sheep. Now it is different to be struggling with sin than to be living in a sinful manner and unrepentant about it. I just hope that with these guys in the position they are in and the influence they have on people that they are true Christ followers and can use the gift God gave them to glorify and honour him.
Well, there really is no way to know if someone is truly repentant or not. I know Christians who sin, say they are repentant, and turn right around and do it again. They seem awful non-chalant (sp?) about it and just seem to have the stance, "We are all sinners. No one is without sin. We can't live without sinning. It's gonna happen. If you are saved then you just ask forgiveness and move on." They act like it is no big deal. I don't understand this way of thinking.

IMO, you can only name who claims to be a Christian. There is no way to know another man's heart.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Which brings us again to the question:

How do WE know which sin is unrepentant or not?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
What makes someone a real believer? To walk a perfect path like Christ? I guess in a sinner then, because I am no where near perfect nor do I claim to be. I thank Christ and pray to him to give me the strength to get through my days and nights and I am being REAL....Maybe before casting others out and sounding pessimistic you outta be on your knees asking Christ to help you to be more tolerant and less judgemental towards others....
Old 03-10-2009, 06:05 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What makes someone a real believer? To walk a perfect path like Christ? I guess in a sinner then, because I am no where near perfect nor do I claim to be. I thank Christ and pray to him to give me the strength to get through my days and nights and I am being REAL....Maybe before casting others out and sounding pessimistic you outta be on your knees asking Christ to help you to be more tolerant and less judgemental towards others....
I didn't get the feel that he was doing that at all.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:06 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Which brings us again to the question:

How do WE know which sin is unrepentant or not?
Pinch, poke....
Old 03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I didn't get the feel that he was doing that at all.
I did..Im not trying to offend anyone or they're feelings, but why should one try to decipher who is real or not? Honestly now. No matter if it was presented in a nice caring way its the message and basically it sounds judgemental in my lil world...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
I am always looking for Christ in someones life,(sounds good, we all want people to be saved) ie singers, actors, fighters and when I hear them thank Jesus or hear them sing about him I am always wondering, are they real believers. I am not in their personal circle so I cannot say for sure (okay, I don't see any casting out here, he can't be sure because he doesn't know them) but Caveman hit the nail on the head. That we will see fruit by how they live their lives. If someone claims to be a Christian but is living in a sinful way and is unrepentant, than there is a good chance they are not truly reborn. (That sounds familiar. I believe the Bible tells us this.) We can't assume all are sheep. (of course not, we all know where 'assuming' will get you.) Now it is different to be struggling with sin than to be living in a sinful manner and unrepentant about it.( sounds very fair, sounds like he would give them the benefit of the doubt - he recognizes that even good Christians can struggle with sin and that in itself doesn't mean they aren't a good Christian) I just hope that with these guys in the position they are in and the influence they have on people that they are true Christ followers and can use the gift God gave them to glorify and honour him.
Sounds pretty optimistic and gracious to me.

I am not trying to argue. Everyone percieves things differently. I was just surprised.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Sounds like a pretty optimistic person to me.... I agree with Denise.. I think you may have taken this post the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What makes someone a real believer? To walk a perfect path like Christ? I guess in a sinner then, because I am no where near perfect nor do I claim to be. I thank Christ and pray to him to give me the strength to get through my days and nights and I am being REAL....Maybe before casting others out and sounding pessimistic you outta be on your knees asking Christ to help you to be more tolerant and less judgmental towards others....
More tolerant and less judgmental? Kinda like your post???