Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
You know a real Christian wouldn't post something like that....

Zing!

I was watching big love the other night and this baptist minister comes up to the family and basically shreds them to pieces.

Then thel ittle girl says wow he was scary and the mother says yes honey all baptists are.

I lol'd really hard and no one else knew why but all I could do was think of Nate hehe.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
We know that he cheated on his wife and eventually divorced her and married the woman that he had an affair with and is unrepentant about the whole situation. What else is there to know?
How would you know that??
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Wrong, actually (never thought I'd be able to say that to Nate!). On Thanksgiving break his first semester in college, Randy knocked up an ex-girlfriend. He then married her. After a while, he got bored with that & cheated on his wife with Tammy, a fellow coahc at OK St. Then that started to get old, so during TUF 1, he met Kim & started cheating with her. Tammy found out & got pissed, so Randy divorced her & married Kim. So here's Randy's record:

1) Pre-marital sex
2) Extra-marital sex
3) Divorce
4) Marries mistress
5) Extra-marital sex
6) Marries mistress
What's the point? And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way Ben.. I'm just saying I don't get the point of your post.

Are you just listing the order of his discretions or is there a bigger implication?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
CAVEMAN

As finite humans, we do not know a persons heart. Only GOD can see that. However, Jesus did say by their fruits you will know them. All of us struggle with sin, even true christians can struggle with it for a season. But if you truly are saved, the LORD will deal with you. Sometimes the LORD will even take you home!

Adrian Rogers had an analogy in one of his messages about this. He said it would be like a parent taking a child to a birthday party. And while at the party, the child gets into all kinds of trouble by being mean to other kids, destroying the birthday cake, unwrapping the presents, etc. Of course the parent warned the child several times during all of this and even spanked the child a few times. Despite this, the child kept misbehaving. Finally the parent is so embaressed, the parent tells the child, "Come on, I'm taking you home! Your not going to stay around here and ruin my good name!"

GOD said I am holy, therefore you be holy! There is a world full of unbelievers watching.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
You may list them in this thread, its nice to know who our Brothers in Christ are.

I start with a strange one...I always thought that Diego Sanchez was a Budhist or something like that...but I read a blog of His recently...that made me wonder...is he Christian??

In his blog thanking people for support in Londons UFC he says I feel so blessed by the Lord.
Actually he is born again Christian... He's not buddhist, nor Catholic...
Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Finally the parent is so embaressed, the parent tells the child, "Come on, I'm taking you home! Your not going to stay around here and ruin my good name!"

Thats EXACTLY what GOD confirms is the reason behind his reconciliation with the Jews, People assume that he will cleanse then because he loves them, but thats untrue, he chose them because he loves them, but now he's chosen them he's stuck with them because the whole world knows who they represent. He redeems the Jews to save his name from being eternally spoilt by their bad behaviour for that would lead his name to be a laughing stock amoung the heathern and unbelievers....I cant remember which prophetic book he goes on about this in...It goes on for pages, He's really upset and really embarrised about the situation, He cant understand why they dont just do what he says and stop making him look bad...and he gets a bit angry that they take him forgranted
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Actually he is born again Christian... He's not buddhist, nor Catholic...
thats why I asked.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
thats why I asked.
Well its good 2 ask cause now ya know
Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
County Mike

Old 03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote: