Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
warriorlion

couture thanked God after one of his fights but never mentions christianity in any of the books i have read on him. not even in his own bio, becoming the natural.

not sure that he is a christian.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Maglorius

I think couture is. I can't remember if it was after he beat T.S. or after he beat Gonzaga he thanked Jesus for dying on the cross and the US soldiers over seas.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
couture thanked God after one of his fights but never mentions christianity in any of the books i have read on him. not even in his own bio, becoming the natural.

not sure that he is a christian.
I don't think he is born again. A lot of people tend to thank jesus and give him a shout but have no clue.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Fred

Vitor Belfort
Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM
CAVEMAN

Christian is a term that gets thrown around alot anymore. Christian means Christ-Like! You have to look at the fruit in their lives. Are they bearing Christ like fruit??????
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Christian is a term that gets thrown around alot anymore. Christian means Christ-Like! You have to look at the fruit in their lives. Are they bearing Christ like fruit??????
Amen so very true. The real list is much smaller if we hold to those standards. In the Old forum we had this discussion and it got very heated and emotional.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
In his blog thanking people for support in Londons UFC he says I feel so blessed by the Lord.
He was likely raised Catholic, most Hispanic families are. However, like the word "god", "lord" could really mean anything. I could be a generic god-image, but not refer to the true GOD of Christianity.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Matt Hughes
Mark Hughes

Also, Matt Lindland is a Christian, even though I was kind of shocked to learn that.

Randy Couture is supposed to be a Christian, but he's not really showing the fruits of it in his life right now (married to a woman that he cheated on his first wife with).
Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Mark Hughes

Also, Matt Lindland is a Christian, even though I was kind of shocked to learn that.

Randy Couture is supposed to be a Christian, but he's not really showing the fruits of it in his life right now (married to a woman that he cheated on his first wife with).

I would only say that we dont know everything that went on there with Randy. I think overall Randy always acts in a Christian way but i dont really know.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:20 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Mark Hughes

Wrong, actually (never thought I'd be able to say that to Nate!). On Thanksgiving break his first semester in college, Randy knocked up an ex-girlfriend. He then married her. After a while, he got bored with that & cheated on his wife with Tammy, a fellow coahc at OK St. Then that started to get old, so during TUF 1, he met Kim & started cheating with her. Tammy found out & got pissed, so Randy divorced her & married Kim. So here's Randy's record:

1) Pre-marital sex
2) Extra-marital sex
3) Divorce
4) Marries mistress
5) Extra-marital sex
6) Marries mistress