Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default Brock Lesnar doesn't know who Chael Sonnen is

Today, Brock was on Rome is Burning. It's a great interview...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73dayC4S5U

Some tidbits...

When asked about Sonnen's comments, Brock said he hadn't heard of Chael before and asked if he was a fighter.

He said the NFL shouldn't try to change the sport...which is funny because when he played in a pre-season game for the Vikings he got criticized for smashing the QB like it was the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl...

He also says that he was sick because he didn't eat his vegetables.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2010, 02:31 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Today, Brock was on Rome is Burning. It's a great interview...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73dayC4S5U

Some tidbits...

When asked about Sonnen's comments, Brock said he hadn't heard of Chael before and asked if he was a fighter.

He said the NFL shouldn't try to change the sport...which is funny because when he played in a pre-season game for the Vikings he got criticized for smashing the QB like it was the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl...

He also says that he was sick because he didn't eat his vegetables.
That was a blast to watch, The vegetables and Sonnen remarks were funny.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-22-2010, 02:51 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
That was a blast to watch, The vegetables and Sonnen remarks were funny.
It's silly to believe, but he actually seemed like he genuinely hadn't heard of Chael...not sure if that was just good acting or if Brock really is as secluded from the rest of the world as he says he is...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-22-2010, 04:21 AM
ufcfan2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's silly to believe, but he actually seemed like he genuinely hadn't heard of Chael...not sure if that was just good acting or if Brock really is as secluded from the rest of the world as he says he is...
Ya, if it was an act he needs to win an Oscar or something for that
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2010, 04:51 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

I just re-watched it and realized I forgot to mention my favorite part of the whole interview...

Rome : "Brock, great to have you here, how are you?"

Brock: "I'm good, thanks for having me"

Rome: "Brock, that is an epic beard. Congratulations."

Brock: "Thanks... Viking power."


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Good interview. Brock seems more relaxed. I'm liking him more and more. Still want to see the little guy win
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-22-2010, 01:19 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Good interview. Brock seems more relaxed. I'm liking him more and more. Still want to see the little guy win
Hahaha, does no one else see the irony of being able to call Cain the "little guy" in this fight?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-22-2010, 01:42 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I just re-watched it and realized I forgot to mention my favorite part of the whole interview...

Rome : "Brock, great to have you here, how are you?"

Brock: "I'm good, thanks for having me"

Rome: "Brock, that is an epic beard. Congratulations."

Brock: "Thanks... Viking power."


is that props to his roots or minnesota?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
is that props to his roots or minnesota?
it's because he looks like a Viking...and he played for the Vikings, sort of...lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-22-2010, 06:39 PM
pistol-pete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The beard probably has to do with his nordic heritage, why he mentioned "Viking Power", also it is a tradition amongst hunters to grow a beard before the season, why he mentioned deer seasonin reference to his beard.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.