Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 11-07-2010, 05:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
How could you not put this boxing game in there???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIkr9UilPBs
Have you actually played the games on my list? Or that game?
Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
In Fight Night I try to fight smart, stay on the outside a little bit, but online it hardly works. The judges have you down, even if it seems like you're winning the fight. Though usually people just quit when I start out jabbing them and..... It sucks.

It sounds pretty well balanced. It's just a shame that I can't play it! In UFC there are fighters that are just a real pain in the ass to go up against. Sean Sherk was really annoying..........

I hate UFC's submission system and EA MMA's submission system was easy to use. I didn't really know what I was doing and at first I was wondering why I could get submissions and not be submitted; I figured that it's just an easy to use system...As someone who has had over 300 fights online...it just takes practice...and even then you are still gonna get out matched sometimes...

A good hefty dose of "DEAL WITH IT" will go a long way in this case. Hope you all find what you are looking for.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:00 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Have you actually played the games on my list? Or that game?
I actually played about almost all of them unless it was on a Ps3 or 360.

Growing up I was a fan of the live action games like Sewer Shark and Night Trap. Sadly I did buy that boxing game for Sega Cd lol ....

I know you never did otherwise it would be #1 on the list. By the way I had Rocky much lower on my list too
Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I actually played about almost all of them unless it was on a Ps3 or 360.

Growing up I was a fan of the live action games like Sewer Shark and Night Trap. Sadly I did buy that boxing game for Sega Cd lol ....

I know you never did otherwise it would be #1 on the list. By the way I had Rocky much lower on my list too
LOL...sorry you got duped....that game clearly deserves mention on the list...

I'm sorry man, we've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there......
Old 11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
logrus

Quote:
LOL...sorry you got duped....that game clearly deserves mention on the list...

I'm sorry man, we've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there......
I used to watch that movie with my old man all the time. I also had a husky names Smokey the Bandit.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:43 PM
hughesfan4life

Quote:
I think it's totally worth it. Both MMA fans and gamers alike should find a lot to appreciate in this title. The hardcore fans get the names we only know about, and the gameplay is superb. I can be pretty picky with Boxing/MMA games, and this game leaves me with little to complain about.

Here is a review I did of EA MMA on my blog... http://squaredoctagon.com/index.php?page=70

Also, here is a piece on did on the worst Boxing video games ever...http://squaredoctagon.com/index.php?page=44
thanks for the info jb!...hopefully my bro will let me have a game!!..
Old 11-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Rochambeau

I bought the iPhone App and it's actually decent. There's no Joe Riggs or Pat, but there is Robbie Lawler!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:51 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I bought the iPhone App and it's actually decent. There's no Joe Riggs or Pat, but there is Robbie Lawler!
I'm disappointed they didn't release a mobile version for other phones, or haven't in the past. The UFC game was supposed to get a mobile version too.

I'm a nerd when it comes to mobile games, I literally have over a 1000.

How is the iPhone game?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Rochambeau

I buy too many iPhone Apps.

You move by tilting the phone, strikes are done by tapping the screen and bigger strikes by swiping with one finger. Blocking, parrying, clinching, takedowns, transitions and submissions are all done with two fingers. It's fairly easy to control, but your stamina runs out quickly, so you have to pace yourself and you can sort of do that. It's kind of a deep game.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I buy too many iPhone Apps.

You move by tilting the phone, strikes are done by tapping the screen and bigger strikes by swiping with one finger. Blocking, parrying, clinching, takedowns, transitions and submissions are all done with two fingers. It's fairly easy to control, but your stamina runs out quickly, so you have to pace yourself and you can sort of do that. It's kind of a deep game.
That actually makes me feel like I need an iphone...

No I'm kidding, but it does make me wonder why they didn't attempt a NDS port considering they went with touch-screen based functions on a mobile game.

probably cheaper to code the iphone game...oh well

I would love to play it though. I'm a sucker for rare or obscure games that appeal to my likings...