Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 10-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Texas Trophy Hunters

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
We had a great time at the Indianapolis UFC, I wish a few of the fights had been a little more exciting; but you just never know what you're going to get. Hanna did pretty good, although I doubt Audra is going to take her to Detroit. She's only 4 and most of the time we sat next to Dana right at the octagon, I just hope that she'll remember that when she gets older.

Training is going great, I caught my body where I never got out of shape, so my lifting, my technique and my cardio are really good.

I have a press release for an upcoming project that I wanted to share with you:

Quote:

MATT HUGHES
UFC® CHAMPION AND HALL OF FAMER
TO HOST TROPHY HUNTERS TV®

San Antonio, Texas - Texas Trophy Hunters Association (TTHA) proudly announces that Matt Hughes will be joining TTHA as host of its television program, TROPHY HUNTERS TV®. Matt is one of the most dominant fighters in the history of the UFC® as a 2-time welterweight champion with a 45-7 record and is a member of the UFC® Hall of Fame. Matt is also a TTHA Platinum Lifetime Member. Matt will appear as host and be featured in the field for TROPHY HUNTERS TV® beginning January 2011. While Matt continues to train and compete among the ranks of the UFC®'s best athletes, he is also an avid hunter, outdoorsman and devoted family man. Matt Hughes "I am proud to be a part of TTHA and will honorably carry on the tradition that Jerry Johnston established as host of TTHA's television programs. I look forward to sharing many exciting adventures and my love of the outdoors with all of our members and viewers", Matt states. "As founder of TTHA and the visionary behind TTHA's television programs, Jerry Johnston is truly a pioneer in the outdoor industry. We hope to continue Jerry's goals for excellence in outdoor programming. We are honored to have Matt as our host because he has the heart of a champion and has a true respect and appreciation for all things hunting. Matt believes as TTHA believes in the protection of our right to hunt, the right to bear arms and the responsibility of advocacy and education to preserve these rights for future generations", adds Joe Betar, President of Texas Trophy Hunters Association. You can catch Matt Hughes and all the action of TROPHY HUNTERS TV® Saturdays at 8:00 pm EST/7:00 pm CST, beginning January 2011, on Outdoor Channel. Outdoor Channel airs on DirecTV Channel 606; Dish Network Channel 153 or check your local cable provider for additional listings. To learn more about sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact Hal Gahm, VP Sales, TTHA, at hal@ttha.com or call 210.491.2110 or 210.310.9499.

TTHA strives to unite all segments of the hunting community for the dissemination of information and joining of energies to promote and protect our hunting heritage. Founded in 1975, TTHA, a membership-based organization, publishes a bimonthly magazine, The Journal of the Texas Trophy Hunters, and produces the award-winning outdoor television program, Trophy Hunters TV. In addition, TTHA hosts the Hunters Extravaganza outdoor expositions, renowned as the largest whitetail hunting shows in the South. For membership information, please join online at TTHA.com or contact TTHA Membership Services at (877) 261-2541.

About Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc.
Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: OUTD) owns and operates Outdoor Channel, America's leader in outdoor TV, and Winnercomm Inc., an Emmy Award winning production and interactive company. Outdoor Channel offers programming that captures the excitement of hunting, fishing, shooting, off-road motorsports, adventure and the Western lifestyle and can be viewed on multiple platforms including high definition, video-on-demand, as well as on a dynamic broadband website. Winnercomm Inc. is one of America's leading and highest quality producers of live sporting events and sports series for cable and broadcast television. Winnercomm also owns and operates the patented Skycam and CableCam aerial camera systems which provide dramatic overhead camera angles for major sports events, including college and NFL football. For more information, please visit http://www.outdoorchannel.com.

Here is the Bible verse for this week and thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes:
Quote:
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your Good Spirit lead me on level ground. (Psalm 143:10)
-matt
Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 PM

Matt, this is such exciting news! Congratulations! I can't wait to see your show.

I hope Dana didn't scorch little Hanna's ears. I'm glad she did well.

Love the bible verse. I always share them with my sister.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Man, that is great news about the show hosting gig! Glad you're feeling good, and I'm glad Indy treated your family well!
Saw ya on Dana's blog!

[
Old 10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
hughesfan4life

another great blog matt!,glad you and the family enjoyed indy,wee hanna will appreciate it a lot more when she's older.probs kinda tough for a wee one to sit still for so long.....she'll always remember sitting with dana though!!!!.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:53 AM

Ditto to all that Bonnie said! Yes, I hope Dana was mindful that Hanna's tender ears were right there...
Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 AM

Heh, I love reading Hughesfan4life's comments (with a Mrs. Doubtfire Scottish accent every time, lol).
Old 10-15-2010, 05:03 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Heh, I love reading Hughesfan4life's comments (with a Mrs. Doubtfire Scottish accent every time, lol).
Well I will, too, now
Old 10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Rev

I am pumped!!!!!
All my buddies and i talk all the time about Matt hosting a hunting show.
Cant wait and look forward to seeing you in the field.