Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default Brett Favre

So...are we gonna talk about it?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

about his below average season (2tds, 6 ints, and a qb rating of 60) or the allegations that the NFL is now investigating into his sexual harrassment of a reporter while he was with the Jets...They have voice messages on him, I haven't heard them, but if they prove that it is his voice, I don't know how he can really deny it...If this is true, am I really wrong for hating him? His wife is after surving breast cancer and he's trying to get some tail in the big apple...Way to stay classy Brett (allegedly)

Last edited by matthughesfan21; 10-10-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:29 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
about his below average season (2tds, 6 ints, and a qb rating of 60) or the allegations that the NFL is now investigating into his sexual harrassment of a reporter while he was with the Jets...They have voice messages on him, I haven't heard them, but if they prove that it is his voice, I don't know how he can really deny it...If this is true, am I really wrong for hating him? His wife is at home with breast cancer and he's trying to get some tail in the big apple
I have heard them...and it sure does sound like Brett...

I think the funniest, and strangest, part of this whole thing is him sending pictures of his kielbasa through text message...Not sure if that adds up for me, but I guess his wife will know if those pics are legit or not...

Also, it's weird that you mention the breast cancer, because it is October (breast cancer awareness month) and I didn't even think of that...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

The real issue here is how does Roger Goodell handle his golden child?

The NFL has been leading by example lately by being super tough when it comes to it's off the field conduct policies, but will they REALLY suspend Favre right now?

Big Ben got 4 games, and nothing could even be proven in his case. Will Favre get the same treatment? Or does their investigation take months to unfold, and we don't know the real truth until long after this season has past and Favre actually retires for good?

I have a feeling that if this blows up Tiger Woods style, they will have to take action and Favre will retire before the end of the season. I know it's not crazy to think these guys are only humans, but if this pans out it really is sad for football.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I have heard them...and it sure does sound like Brett...

I think the funniest, and strangest, part of this whole thing is him sending pictures of his kielbasa through text message...Not sure if that adds up for me, but I guess his wife will know if those pics are legit or not...

Also, it's weird that you mention the breast cancer, because it is October (breast cancer awareness month) and I didn't even think of that...
I'll go check them out here soon, but of course he is denying it, but if the league can determine that it is his voice on those tapes...He will likely be suspended(if Big ben gets a suspension for what he did, brett deserves it as well).

How wild would it be for his "ironman" streak of consecutive starts to be ended, not by injury or retirement, but by explicit voice mails and picture messages with a reporter...THat would make my day
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:43 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I'll go check them out here soon, but of course he is denying it, but if the league can determine that it is his voice on those tapes...He will likely be suspended(if Big ben gets a suspension for what he did, brett deserves it as well).

How wild would it be for his "ironman" streak of consecutive starts to be ended, not by injury or retirement, but by explicit voice mails and picture messages with a reporter...THat would make my day
lol, I knew I should have waited for your response, but my last one basically addresses what you say here...

I will say though, even though I always rooted against Favre as a Bears fan, it still wouldn't make my day. I hate seeing people fall from grace like this, it's sad. I know it's his own fault if it's true, just like Tiger Woods, or anybody else, but I just hate seeing it happen.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
lol, I knew I should have waited for your response, but my last one basically addresses what you say here...

I will say though, even though I always rooted against Favre as a Bears fan, it still wouldn't make my day. I hate seeing people fall from grace like this, it's sad. I know it's his own fault if it's true, just like Tiger Woods, or anybody else, but I just hate seeing it happen.
The NFL is "aggressively" investigating these allegations, so I don't think it should be a long drawn out process, and Goodell isn't one to take a long time to come to a conclusion...If this is true, he should be punished under the league's personal conduct policy, big ben wasn't even charged and he still got suspended...Just because it's brett favre, does not mean he should be exempt from punishment.....and I don't find it sad at all...If he didn't want to get caught and face the repurcussions maybe he should have kept the camera phone outside of his pants (allegedly)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
The NFL is "aggressively" investigating these allegations, so I don't think it should be a long drawn out process, and Goodell isn't one to take a long time to come to a conclusion...If this is true, he should be punished under the league's personal conduct policy, big ben wasn't even charged and he still got suspended...Just because it's brett favre, does not mean he should be exempt from punishment.....and I don't find it sad at all...If he didn't want to get caught and face the repurcussions maybe he should have kept the camera phone outside of his pants (allegedly)
I guess we will see...

I'm just saying that Big Ben don't effect ratings like Brett Favre does. I agree though, if it's true he should get, at least, the same punishment.

You are right, and I get that, it's totally his own fault if he did it. I was just speaking more in the general sense. I was never a big Michael Vick fan and I am certainly not a fan of dogfighting, but I felt bad to see him fall from grace. People make mistakes, and we have to pay for them, but I like to see people learn to walk the line and get redemption. Ya know what I'm saying?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I guess we will see...

I'm just saying that Big Ben don't effect ratings like Brett Favre does. I agree though, if it's true he should get, at least, the same punishment.

You are right, and I get that, it's totally his own fault if he did it. I was just speaking more in the general sense. I was never a big Michael Vick fan and I am certainly not a fan of dogfighting, but I felt bad to see him fall from grace. People make mistakes, and we have to pay for them, but I like to see people learn to walk the line and get redemption. Ya know what I'm saying?
Yes people make mistakes, and if it's a mild to moderate mistake, I can understand that, but Vick was a major mistake and Favre could be more than that as well, we will see...If this allegation is true, I would have a hard time believing that this is an isolated incident
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Yes people make mistakes, and if it's a mild to moderate mistake, I can understand that, but Vick was a major mistake and Favre could be more than that as well, we will see...If this allegation is true, I would have a hard time believing that this is an isolated incident
Oh, I agree on both...

Now, when it comes to Vick...would you say he deserves a second chance? Or further-more, do you think he has actually acted in a way that would merit one?

With Favre...this is actually not NEW news. There have been reports for years about him being involved in crazy stuff in Wisconsin. Also, there have already been 2 more women who have come forward and said he did the same thing to them...(although, in fairness sake, we know how that goes)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.