Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds View Post
Sorry I didnt read that thread.....Im not really a huge BJ fan....my statement was just me telling it like it is, or at least my perspective/opinion.

Now in regards to Jones not fighting anyone of any caliber, thats not exactly true. Point in case is Vera, although he seems to have lost his competitive spark, but the way in which he dispatched Vera and his ability to make Vera look like a low level amateur spoke volumes.

Trust me when I say, Jones will be unstoppable...if he can keep his head on strait.
I agree 100% and also its not Jones fault that he hasn't fought the top Ten guys yet. That would be Joe Silva and Dana's fault. There just building him up.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:56 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Did you read the "BJ Penn nuthugger guide of excuses" ?? Sure sounds like ya took a page or two out of that one

How about the book of Sonnenisms? I've heard a few good ones there.

Bones Jones is legit no matter how much people try to tear down his level of competition. People complain no matter what. Lesnar has 6 fights, people complain, Bones has 12 fights, people complain. The kid is 23 years old, lets give him a chance to buildup his career before we start crowning him too soon or praying for his demise.

Calling Bones "unbeatable" IS silly, but so is calling any fighter that. It's a trap that fight fans fall into over, and over, and over again.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:52 PM

im really not impressed with his stand up... Fancy spinning back kicks and elbows will only get you so far... Also he was asking to get arm barred in that vera fight.... with that said hes only 23 his wrestling has translated great to mma and i expect him to be champion some day!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
im really not impressed with his stand up... Fancy spinning back kicks and elbows will only get you so far... Also he was asking to get arm barred in that vera fight.... with that said hes only 23 his wrestling has translated great to mma and i expect him to be champion some day!
he was baiting vera with that arm ...
Old 10-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
How about the book of Sonnenisms? I've heard a few good ones there.

Bones Jones is legit no matter how much people try to tear down his level of competition. People complain no matter what. Lesnar has 6 fights, people complain, Bones has 12 fights, people complain. The kid is 23 years old, lets give him a chance to buildup his career before we start crowning him too soon or praying for his demise.

Calling Bones "unbeatable" IS silly, but so is calling any fighter that. It's a trap that fight fans fall into over, and over, and over again.
JB I agree with everything you said, but comparing the BJ excuse manual to Sonnen (R) isn't right.

Sonnen doesn't have a manual for excuses, he has a manual on how to talk smack.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-10-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
JB I agree with everything you said, but comparing the BJ excuse manual to Sonnen (R) isn't right.

Sonnen doesn't have a manual for excuses, he has a manual on how to talk smack.
Well said Vizion!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

If I could actually find it online, I would post it....but what about the " I DID NOT TAP OUT" that Sonnen offered after the Filho fight...
Old 10-12-2010, 06:42 PM
pistol-pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds View Post
Jones will own Bader "IN A BIG WAY"....I think the only person that is going to stop
Jones....will be Jones. The kid has shown some serious talent not to mention skill, speed and agility.
Really? How is he going to beat Bader? You are so sure of it you must know the ins and the outs of how it will be done so easily. Bader is undefeated, comes from a good camp, wrestling is legit, stand up is legit, so how will Bones just walk right threw him?

I ain't predicting who will win, but you are and I want to know how. Jones is dynamic, comes from a good camp, but this is a sport where you are going to eventually get beaten.

Everyone thought Machida was untouchable, but then the first fight with Shogun put a dent in his armor, and then the next fight ended with Machida laying on his backside.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
Really? How is he going to beat Bader? You are so sure of it you must know the ins and the outs of how it will be done so easily. Bader is undefeated, comes from a good camp, wrestling is legit, stand up is legit, so how will Bones just walk right threw him?

I ain't predicting who will win, but you are and I want to know how. Jones is dynamic, comes from a good camp, but this is a sport where you are going to eventually get beaten.

Everyone thought Machida was untouchable, but then the first fight with Shogun put a dent in his armor, and then the next fight ended with Machida laying on his backside.

Jones by strikes off his back.

And Lyoto will be back.. as soon as he mops the floor with Quinten.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post

it's not so much the guys he beat, but the way he beat them ... how many times have you seen matt hamill get thrown around like a rag doll? granted, matt hamill isn't top 10, but he was abused in that fight against jones ... same with brandon vera ... even the janitor has been able to at least stuff guys and bully them with his power and he was just blown away ... yes bader is undefeated, and he has skills, but he has had to grind out wins and take people into his territory ... jones won't let that happen and will finish bader for not being as well rounded ... like you said, anything can happen in mma, but at 23 bones is the real deal and will own the lhw division like gsp owns ww and anderson owns mw ...