Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Default Jon "Bones" Jones

So what's your guys opinion about Jon who do you see beating him?

Since I dont know how to add a poll on here

Ill just list the names That I think could give him a good fight.
Ill put the names in order form the guy I think has the best shot at beating him to the least.

Anderson Silva
Lyoto Machida
Shogun

I don't see anyone stopping this kid right now, hes a beast and hes only 23.
I know he hasn't faced any Top competition but the only person I see beating him is Triangle Choke Silva
Old 10-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

Ill put the names in order form the guy I think has the best shot at beating him to the least.

Anderson Silva
Lyoto Machida
Shogun

I know he hasn't faced any Top competition but the only person I see beating him is Triangle Choke Silva

A buddy of mine knows Jon.. says he is a great person and all of that..

I like him.. and he has great skills.. but I see everyone on your list beating him. Quinten doesnt' stand a chance against his attacks..

Rich vs Jon.... (ohhhhh that would be a good one)
Old 10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

he's only 23 ... i think he walks through bader and beats guys on your list .. maybe i am giving him too much credit, but it seems he has a good work ethic, learns something new all the time and apparently learns things real fast ... he is still young, but he will be champ within the next year or two ...
Old 10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Hughes fanboy

Things are at a new level for him. Who has fought?

Hamill? Bonner? The way overrated Vera? The Janitor who we ALL know Dana FED to him on purpose? That's supposed to make him an unstoppable force??

Bader will give him problems, and I think if Bader takes him down Bones Jones will lose. If he gets past Bader I'd have a lot more faith that he can enter the big leagues.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 PM
cds

Jones will own Bader "IN A BIG WAY"....I think the only person that is going to stop
Jones....will be Jones. The kid has shown some serious talent not to mention skill, speed and agility.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:24 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

Anderson Silva
Lyoto Machida
Shogun

Jon Bones who ?

just kidding,i know who the kid is and i think he is an unbelievable talent,
i dont for see anyone ever being able to beat your boy...and that includes absolutely everybody in MMA.period.

now having said that i must tell you that in the last UFC event i went a dismal 4 for 11 so maybe he isn't really all that good after all...just a thought.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds View Post
Jones will own Bader "IN A BIG WAY"....I think the only person that is going to stop
Jones....will be Jones
. The kid has shown some serious talent not to mention skill, speed and agility.
Did you read the "BJ Penn nuthugger guide of excuses" ?? Sure sounds like ya took a page or two out of that one

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-08-2010, 11:01 PM
sunshine_jkd

Really?.....

People think no one will beat him?

Honestly I think he's an incredible young talent,...but until he "dominates" people he should have been fighting 2-3 fights ago,...i am not on the hype wagon. I am a fan of his and am eager to see how he fairs in his next fight,...but to say he is unbeatable is far premature in my opinion
Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 AM
cds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Did you read the "BJ Penn nuthugger guide of excuses" ?? Sure sounds like ya took a page or two out of that one

Sorry I didnt read that thread.....Im not really a huge BJ fan....my statement was just me telling it like it is, or at least my perspective/opinion.

Now in regards to Jones not fighting anyone of any caliber, thats not exactly true. Point in case is Vera, although he seems to have lost his competitive spark, but the way in which he dispatched Vera and his ability to make Vera look like a low level amateur spoke volumes.

Trust me when I say, Jones will be unstoppable...if he can keep his head on strait.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_jkd View Post
Really?.....

People think no one will beat him?

Honestly I think he's an incredible young talent,...but until he "dominates" people he should have been fighting 2-3 fights ago,...i am not on the hype wagon. I am a fan of his and am eager to see how he fairs in his next fight,...but to say he is unbeatable is far premature in my opinion
I'm not saying hes unbeatable I'm just saying the only people i think would give him a good fight right now would be those that I mentioned. I'm not hes number one fan but the way hes been looking lately i think hes becoming a strong force in the light heavy weight.