Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-05-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Sonnen is all about marketing, and the fact is that an uninteresting fighter is still worth more than dirty fighter.

Silva may have been forced to work from a position he is not comfortable in, but I don't hear anybody complaining when an NFL team grinds it out and finds a way to win.

The bottom line in sports, is that champions WIN. We don't play poker, unles we know the rules, so Chael can't discard losing at the last second. Anderson, can make ALMOST any excuse he wants....because HE won....
Okay, serious ?, why doesn't that seem to apply to baseball players who doped and are looking at the HOF with their dirty records? I know the sports are apples and oranges, but it's still cheating using PEDs.

The thing is it wouldn't have mattered if Chael had won because it would have been taken away because he cheated. Anderson did win and is a proven champion many times over; Chael isn't. I'm just asking why wouldn't he want to fight Chael again? I'd like to see an uninjured Anderson and a non-doped Chael fight again. Chael might not deserve the rematch right now, but at some point, I'd like to see it happen.

Last edited by Bonnie; 10-05-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I just want to know one thing about Chaelgate.. what was he taking and why? there are some valid reasons.. and if that information would change anyones mind.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:47 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Chael-Gate-Update

"Silva says Sonnen doesn't deserve a rematch"

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent...e-Rematch-2667

imo chael didn't deserve an immediate rematch ... i know he was "winning" the fight, but there was no controversy .. he just got his ass subbed ... that's what you get for stalling and not trying to finish a fight ... i'd rather someone else get a shot and chael have to fight someone in the number one contender bout .. again, non of this matters, because chael cheated and still couldn't win ... LOL
Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Okay, serious ?, why doesn't that seem to apply to baseball players who doped and are looking at the HOF with their dirty records? I know the sports are apples and oranges, but it's still cheating using PEDs.

The thing is it wouldn't have mattered if Chael had won because it would have been taken away because he cheated. Anderson did win and is a proven champion many times over; Chael isn't. I'm just asking why wouldn't he want to fight Chael again? I'd like to see an uninjured Anderson and a non-doped Chael fight again. Chael might not deserve the rematch right now, but at some point, I'd like to see it happen.
I'm not saying Chael should be permanently banned from fighting...not at all.

Just like other fighters, he should serve his suspension and be given a chance to redeem himself. The list of fighters popped for roids is LONG, very long. It would be stupid to think Chael is completely done fighting. The reason he doesn't deserve an immediate rematch is because there was no controversy to the fight. He lost fair and square, and if he gets an immediate rematch, why shouldn't everybody else?

As for baseball, I have to ask who you are talking about specifically in regards to the HOF. Honestly, I believe guys like Barry Bonds SHOULD be in the Hall of Fame, but they wont ever make it because of how the baseball HOF is voted on. It's a good ol' boys club, just like the Athletic Commissions in this sport. It's horrible.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
After Anderson's bout against Maia, Dana made a big speech about making it up to the fans and guaranteeing he would make it up, etc.

I was curious if anyone knew WHAT he did or IF he said anything in the past in reference to this. I didn't know if fans might have been refunded a little, or if some big card was supposed to be made or HOW he made it up to the fans?

Just something that popped into my head today.
I've been wondering the same thing, Irish Pride. I figured we'd get a freebie, maybe it's the Bisping match-up this month?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:01 PM

Chaelgate, lol!

Bonnie, ^^^ 5, sistah!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I've been wondering the same thing, Irish Pride. I figured we'd get a freebie, maybe it's the Bisping match-up this month?
I can't remember the exact thread, and I'm not gonna even try to dig it up, but I remember specifically saying on this forum right after the Abu-Dhabi card that Dana wouldn't actually formally do anything to "make it up".

I will also give full disclosure in saying that I have always argued that Dana's comments about Anderson after that card were wrong, and he should have avoided the issue. I don't think Anderson's "shenanigans" deserved that type of explicit response, and I find it funny that Silva got tossed under the bus so quickly and that Chael Sonnen has gotten basically no flack from Dana.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:09 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
I can't remember the exact thread, and I'm not gonna even try to dig it up, but I remember specifically saying on this forum right after the Abu-Dhabi card that Dana wouldn't actually formally do anything to "make it up".

I will also give full disclosure in saying that I have always argued that Dana's comments about Anderson after that card were wrong, and he should have avoided the issue. I don't think Anderson's "shenanigans" deserved that type of explicit response, and I find it funny that Silva got tossed under the bus so quickly and that Chael Sonnen has gotten basically no flack from Dana.
dana's way of making it up to us is the beatdown that josh koscheck gets against gsp ... the early line for the over/under is 2 (times josh fakes getting fouled) .. in a five rounder, i got the over
Old 10-05-2010, 05:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
dana's way of making it up to us is the beatdown that josh koscheck gets against gsp ... the early line for the over/under is 2 (times josh fakes getting fouled) .. in a five rounder, i got the over
I like Georges in that fight, but I wouldn't put all the eggs in one basket at this point. Kos is a tough guy and I expect him to bring it.

I also will admit, I do not partake in "The Ultimate Fighter" anymore, so there will be some things people see and take notes on that I miss in the buildup for this fight. I don't care, I still pick GSP.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

He makes you pay....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaNOSMWFQEQ