Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Default Clint Eastwood: "We should laugh at race-based jokes"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...sed-jokes.html
Old 03-01-2009, 05:12 AM

I agree that they take PC too far.

After Al Sharpton got Imus fired, he felt the power--went after Clinton, etc...

This taking offense at every word is BS. As a friend of mine would say, "he makes my butt tired"!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
logrus

I don't hear any Priest or Rabbi's complaining. IF people want to be politically correct thats fine, but then people should remember that its a two way street. You can't bitch about it then turn around and do the same thing.

Thats my biggest beef.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:39 AM

Amen, brother! That's my biggest beef too!

Apparently, according to Whoopi G, when they say "nigger" (and please don't take offense, I'm only repeating what she said), it's meant as a term of "affection", and it's perfectly okay for them to say it. Sherrie, the other black lady on The View, told Barbara Wa Wa that it was okay if she (Sherrie) said it, but (and I quote), "I don't want to hear that word come out of your mouth!).

I personally don't think we should say it because it is a term that was used in a very derogatory hurtful hateful way meant to demean. But, if they're going to preach it and talk the talk, they need to walk the walk along with everyone else.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

Apparently, according to Whoopi G, when they say "nigger" (and please don't take offense, I'm only repeating what she said), it's meant as a term of "affection", and it's perfectly okay for them to say it. Sherrie, the other black lady on The View, told Barbara Wa Wa that it was okay if she (Sherrie) said it, but (and I quote), "I don't want to hear that word come out of your mouth!).

I personally don't think we should say it because it is a term that was used in a very derogatory hurtful hateful way meant to demean. But, if they're going to preach it and talk the talk, they need to walk the walk along with everyone else.
its like a bunch of kids in grade school,,there saying ha ha we have something you dont have,,
what these people need to do is try and move up another rung on the ladder of self esteem and stop using that word altogether.
and before someone go's ballistic i know the majority of black people dont think this way,
Old 03-01-2009, 06:29 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

To bad the the "n" word doesn't even mean that, its something they made up to make it understandable to call each other it. In fact nigger came from the latin word niger which meant black. It was more aimed towards the spanish and portuguise and the racial mixings with each others and slaves.

We came into the meaning during the early slave trades when the slaves where referred to as "n" cause of there dark skin. No clue where the second "g" came from though most likely lost in translation or something.

Another thing I hate is when they blame us for the years of slavery, yet slavery originated from Africa and the slaves were nothing more then criminals and people who committed war crimes against other tribes and lost.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I understand people getting offeneded with owrds.. but if you are hearing offensive words.. maybe you should consider why you are around the people that use them.

What I consider a kick in the groin is the people that want to find offense in what other people say...

I have a well rounded vocabulary.. and I used the word niggle one time.. and someone said I was a racists.. "YOu don't even know what the word mean apparently" I said...

He told me that is doesn't matter what it means, it's the way it made him feel...

So I should be more dumb cause I prefer to be educated?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
To bad the the "n" word doesn't even mean that, its something they made up to make it understandable to call each other it. In fact nigger came from the latin word niger which meant black. It was more aimed towards the spanish and portuguise and the racial mixings with each others and slaves.

We came into the meaning during the early slave trades when the slaves where referred to as "n" cause of there dark skin. No clue where the second "g" came from though most likely lost in translation or something.

Another thing I hate is when they blame us for the years of slavery, yet slavery originated from Africa and the slaves were nothing more then criminals and people who committed war crimes against other tribes and lost.
What they don't tell you is exactly that. Black people in Africa would go out and capture their own black people to sell in the slave trade.

Its abhorrent that anyone is involved in this but the fact they enslaved eachother is never mentioned.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Primadawn

Wooo...this thread got sort of serious....

I get what he's saying...stereotyping jokes. I don't think they're that offensive...

For instance, I am of Native American descent on my mother's side and Irish on my father's....

I would not be offended if someone were to say that I probably have a bad temper and drink a lot...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Buzzard

Slavery is still a lucrative business today. So many people sold into the sex slave trade and other forms of slavery. Humans as a species never seem to cease to amaze me.