Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Hughes catches Almeida and he's K-1 Hughes!!!111111!!11 but if BJ does it? Same old story with you guys.
Sorry I seem to recall Hughes Choking out Almeida
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:01 AM
BJs PJs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Sorry I seem to recall Hughes Choking out Almeida
Clever, but the punch set up all the work. He didn't get the nickname K-1 for subbing somebody.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I like him better at WW.. I like his tummy that size.... Yummy!! lol.. I want him to fight GSP again.. This time he takes it...
No Way...you find a fat Penn attractive

I will admit that there are some interesting fights for him at Weltweight...ohhh make him fight Alves or Koscheck...but I REALLY think that he will look bad...and people will say he's crappy...and its not that, its that he isnt applying himself to his strength.

As for Georges...I dont know where I stand with him at this present time. He's down right attractive in TUF...but that might be just because Koscheck is so horribly rotten...just how clever and naughty he is remains a mystery...I find myself thinking that away from being an athlete in the ring...he's actually a wimp who hates confrontation and messes around with sticking the teats of empy drinks bottles in his gob...then there is the Georges that I know did have mental cracks, probably cheated several times against people I both care, and dont care for...and then further back there was the young stoic prince who just wouldnt give up no matter how far back he was pushed.

I am struggling to see which one is the real GSP...and if that whole ideology is actually in a state of flux...does he move from charming prince who copies what other champions say to make himself look good and is just terribly missunderstood, and actually a shy wimp away from the cage...or is he a ruthless cheat who plays a fantastic act, but is actually the mother of all manipulators??

Who is GSP
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Clever.
thanks for noticing

How do we know that Hughes punch wasnt a lucky punch? because its not his area of strength...he doesnt throw enough to statistically win by fluke that way...it has to be planned...and it either works (like it did with Almeida) or it doesnt (like the leg kicks to Penn) meanwhile Penn fires out shots all the time, and in a bombardment, one is far more likely to get through.

I dont think his natural tendancy would be to attack using his fists...so when he does you can be sure that its not a knee jerk reaction, and its not a lucky accident...its a deliberate attempt at exactly what it looks like.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:11 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Hughes catches Almeida and he's K-1 Hughes!!!111111!!11 but if BJ does it? Same old story with you guys.
People were saying that before the Almeida fight, it just picked up steam after.

Honestly, do you think anybody here thinks Matt is a K-1 striker? Even if he was, would that mean he couldn't get clipped like anybody else?

The smell in them PJ's must be getting to your brain.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No Way...you find a fat Penn attractive

I will admit that there are some interesting fights for him at Weltweight...ohhh make him fight Alves or Koscheck...but I REALLY think that he will look bad...and people will say he's crappy...and its not that, its that he isnt applying himself to his strength.

As for Georges...I dont know where I stand with him at this present time. He's down right attractive in TUF...but that might be just because Koscheck is so horribly rotten...just how clever and naughty he is remains a mystery...I find myself thinking that away from being an athlete in the ring...he's actually a wimp who hates confrontation and messes around with sticking the teats of empy drinks bottles in his gob...then there is the Georges that I know did have mental cracks, probably cheated several times against people I both care, and dont care for...and then further back there was the young stoic prince who just wouldnt give up no matter how far back he was pushed.

I am struggling to see which one is the real GSP...and if that whole ideology is actually in a state of flux...does he move from charming prince who copies what other champions say to make himself look good and is just terribly missunderstood, and actually a shy wimp away from the cage...or is he a ruthless cheat who plays a fantastic act, but is actually the mother of all manipulators??

Who is GSP
I feel the same lately about our great Georges!! I hate the fact he is fighting KOS.. Seriously he needs to fight someone worthwhile!! I want to see the "champ"...........As much as I don't like him I wanna see more of him..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
How do we know that Hughes punch wasnt a lucky punch?
Dave, you know I love you brother, but just stop.

It wasn't a stray punch or a lucky punch. BJ landed a clean counter right hand. Matt made a small mistake, and that was enough to cost him the fight. That's how it goes.

Does it mean BJ is back in some new way that we've never seen before? NO...

but please don't go on a tangent about Penn's victory being meaningless or lucky. It's embarrassing to all of us as the most die-hard fans of Matt Hughes.

Last edited by J.B.; 11-23-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:57 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I like him better at WW.. I like his tummy that size.... Yummy!! lol.. I want him to fight GSP again.. This time he takes it...
LOL your Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Funny Miss Foxy


!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRfmVe7iL4k !!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Clever, but the punch set up all the work. He didn't get the nickname K-1 for subbing somebody.
ermmmm.. no...

at least not in the fact that if he couldn't have choked out Ricardo if they were on the ground...

Matt got caught by a great punch from Baby Jay...nothing more...

It sucks for the Hughes fans... and even more for some others...

yet Baby jay fans want to still come here and run their mouths.. would you have been here if the fight had gone Matt's way?? I doubt it.. other than to say the Ref was bought.. or the judges...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-23-2010, 03:33 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No Way...you find a fat Penn attractive

I will admit that there are some interesting fights for him at Weltweight...ohhh make him fight Alves or Koscheck...but I REALLY think that he will look bad...and people will say he's crappy...and its not that, its that he isnt applying himself to his strength.

As for Georges...I dont know where I stand with him at this present time. He's down right attractive in TUF...but that might be just because Koscheck is so horribly rotten...just how clever and naughty he is remains a mystery...I find myself thinking that away from being an athlete in the ring...he's actually a wimp who hates confrontation and messes around with sticking the teats of empy drinks bottles in his gob...then there is the Georges that I know did have mental cracks, probably cheated several times against people I both care, and dont care for...and then further back there was the young stoic prince who just wouldnt give up no matter how far back he was pushed.

I am struggling to see which one is the real GSP...and if that whole ideology is actually in a state of flux...does he move from charming prince who copies what other champions say to make himself look good and is just terribly missunderstood, and actually a shy wimp away from the cage...or is he a ruthless cheat who plays a fantastic act, but is actually the mother of all manipulators??

Who is GSP

Who is GSP? He is the WORLD'S Pound for Pound Best WELTERWEIGHT at the moment. He is the person who gave BJ a FU%#ing beating of a lifetime!!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.