Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-01-2010, 11:51 PM
atomdanger

Default BJ "there's not anything I wouldn't do for Matt Hughes if he asked me"

Quote:
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/10/1/17...ds-matt-hughes

"We are rivals I guess, definitely if you would have asked me six years ago if I liked Matt Hughes I would probably have said no but if you asked me now I would probably say that there's not - I mean, I have closer friends, we're not close - but there's not anything I wouldn't do for Matt Hughes if he asked me. Time heals all wounds, time changes things and I have got no animosity towards Matt Hughes whatsoever. What I do have to do is go out and beat the sportsman named Matt Hughes and that's what I am prepared to do."
Nice to see him showing respect,
but I was kind of hoping to see BJ fired up for this fight.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

This is cool
Old 10-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Rochambeau

What should Matt have him do?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
What should Matt have him do?
I'm sure there are a list of tasks that need tending to on the Hughes Farm.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I'm sure there are a list of tasks that need tending to on the Hughes Farm.
Has BJ ever been on a farm before, you think?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:41 PM
wavetar

Nice to see a quote that didn't have to get past a foot in his mouth, lol.

I think it's only now, after being a dominant champion & the following adversity, that BJ has an understanding of just how special a fighter Matt Hughes is. Despite his elite skills and owning a win over Matt in his prime, BJ's legacy will pale in comparison to a man who simply worked hard every day of his career to improve & be the best he could be.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Does that include taking a dive?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Nice to see him showing respect,
but I was kind of hoping to see BJ fired up for this fight.
He is defeated all ready by the sounds of it...but I am begining to wonder if he IS growing up. You see this in the older fighters...I know this sounds really dumbass...but whether or not they know it, or acknowledge it, or admit it...there is a reason they fight. It might be a vent, it might be anger, it might be competative drive...

When they get older, the above reserves appear to begin to dry up. In some way they seem to heal their own ills over the years....IMHO despite what they say, and they often say counter to this...I reckon a lot of them looose the psychological will to fight. They may wish to still fight...but what MADE them fight when they were younger, is no longer there...mixed with the fact their bodies are begining to pack up on them, making the competative angle somewhat difficult...this isnt true for everyone...but Its certainly true for some of them...understand they may still have a drive to compete, but no longer a psychological reason to...so when they try...they may continually fail, they are in essence...far to much at peace, and though they wish to continue, deep inside their psyche something has changed. Its very strange...but over a very long time, the fight game seems to heal them of the ill that drove them too it in the first place.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:15 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
He is defeated all ready by the sounds of it...but I am begining to wonder if he IS growing up. You see this in the older fighters...I know this sounds really dumbass...but whether or not they know it, or acknowledge it, or admit it...there is a reason they fight. It might be a vent, it might be anger, it might be competative drive...

When they get older, the above reserves appear to begin to dry up. In some way they seem to heal their own ills over the years....IMHO despite what they say, and they often say counter to this...I reckon a lot of them looose the psychological will to fight. They may wish to still fight...but what MADE them fight when they were younger, is no longer there...mixed with the fact their bodies are begining to pack up on them, making the competative angle somewhat difficult...this isnt true for everyone...but Its certainly true for some of them...understand they may still have a drive to compete, but no longer a psychological reason to...so when they try...they may continually fail, they are in essence...far to much at peace, and though they wish to continue, deep inside their psyche something has changed. Its very strange...but over a very long time, the fight game seems to heal them of the ill that drove them too it in the first place.
This sounds about what CroCop's problems are as well!! He might as well not fight Hughes if hes not gonna put any effort in the fight it would be disrespecting Matt and himself if he don't...
Old 10-03-2010, 11:21 PM

Hmm, what can Matt ask him to do?

Come in the fight prepared for a war, and for him to be the best BJ that there has ever been. That's whawt BJ can do for Matt.