Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post


You are just trying to get me started about Olympic Boxing?
USA Boxing and Wrestling teams always get screwed during the Olympics lol.

Besides we need to talk about the mac daddy of boxing in my boy Julio Cesar Chavez. Just ask Roggy Mayweather bout him lmao...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
USA Boxing and Wrestling teams always get screwed during the Olympics lol.

Besides we need to talk about the mac daddy of boxing in my boy Julio Cesar Chavez. Just ask Roggy Mayweather bout him lmao...
Im assuming you mean JC Chavez Jr.....because his father has been reduced to Mexican Energy Drink status....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Im assuming you mean JC Chavez Jr.....because his father has been reduced to Mexican Energy Drink status....
Hey his daddy was a stud, better then uncle Roggy who was a quitter on that stool. Poor guy took 2 ass whoopins from him ....

Besides Julio can be whatever he wants to be now, that man put up 115+ fights lol..

His boys aint to shabby either Julio Jr is a minnie stud to bad he tested pos for Diuretic a pee pee drug lol. and Omar is rocking a very nice record as well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Hey his daddy was a stud, better then uncle Roggy who was a quitter on that stool. Poor guy took 2 ass whoopins from him ....

Besides Julio can be whatever he wants to be now, that man put up 115+ fights lol..

His boys aint to shabby either Julio Jr is a minnie stud to bad he tested pos for Diuretic a pee pee drug lol. and Omar is rocking a very nice record as well.
Being Mexican myself I grew up idolizing Chavez.

I remember Hating De La Hoya for a while because of the way he would talk about Chavez and specially cause he beat him.

Chavez JR is good but I dont think he has fought any real competition.

He the fight vs Cotto happens I honestly see Cotto stopping him.

Saul Alvarez that's a Stud!! Hes only 20 years old and hes looking Vicious. He still needs some more experience but hes going to be a force soon.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Don't hate the kid yet, he's still winning and he can NEVER be his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Being Mexican myself I grew up idolizing Chavez.

I remember Hating De La Hoya for a while because of the way he would talk about Chavez and specially cause he beat him.

Chavez JR is good but I dont think he has fought any real competition.

He the fight vs Cotto happens I honestly see Cotto stopping him.

Saul Alvarez that's a Stud!! Hes only 20 years old and hes looking Vicious. He still needs some more experience but hes going to be a force soon.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Don't hate the kid yet, he's still winning and he can NEVER be his father.
No I don't Hate him JB, I like him but I don't think hes as good as people say yet. The one I use to hate was De La Hoya. I'm sure he will grow to be a very good fighter but I think Saul Alvarez is better
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Mayweather is all talent, don't be mad cuz he knocked out Big Show.

Floyd beat the snot out of Mosley in the later rounds, he was doing WAY more than just gunning for a decision. Although, if guys don't finish they might as well be chopped liver, lol

What is a "more true" weight division?

I'm just bustin your balls, but seriously what more can the guy do? (besides not beating up women, waaka waaka waaka...)
He did more than KO Paul he flat smashed his face big time. I guess it was to much to ask a boxer to pull a punch

I like Money but just not as much as Pac man and I feel this latest drug thing is a cop out. He needs ot stop fighting good talent and try more great talent.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:58 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Being Mexican myself I grew up idolizing Chavez.

I remember Hating De La Hoya for a while because of the way he would talk about Chavez and specially cause he beat him.

Chavez JR is good but I dont think he has fought any real competition.

He the fight vs Cotto happens I honestly see Cotto stopping him.

Saul Alvarez that's a Stud!! Hes only 20 years old and hes looking Vicious. He still needs some more experience but hes going to be a force soon.
I am not Mexican but I still loved watching that guy fight, no clue why though. I will have to watch some of his old fights to figure it out. I know one of the reasons was his eagerness to move up in weight to take on the next divisions best fighters and not stay and coast in a division he dominated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Don't hate the kid yet, he's still winning and he can NEVER be his father.
Yeah both his kids are winning and winning big. I dont think they will get the the level of their dad. Boxing is different now then back then and their dad was always moving up in the weight to beat the better stronger fighters.

JR beats Cotto...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-29-2010, 01:31 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
He did more than KO Paul he flat smashed his face big time. I guess it was to much to ask a boxer to pull a punch

I like Money but just not as much as Pac man and I feel this latest drug thing is a cop out. He needs ot stop fighting good talent and try more great talent.
Asking for stricter drug testing is a cop out?

Cotto can't beat Mayweather if he can't hit him.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Asking for stricter drug testing is a cop out?

Cotto can't beat Mayweather if he can't hit him.
It was th etiming of the request. I agree however Cotto has no chance w/ Money
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.