Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
What are you talking about, Pokemon? Where does the relationship with my partner come into this? I have one on one time with her and one on one time speaking with God. Do I need one on one time with God to have a relationship with him? I can have a relationship with God amoung others.
I think the thing you are missing is the point that one on one time with God is vital to keeping a strong relationship with Him. It's also a vital part in growing in Christ.

Chris is comparing this to marriage as many do since marriage is the closest relationship we should have on earth. Do you have conversations with your spouse that are private? Do you have a need for one on one contact with her daily? Say you didn't. What is you only spoke to her on Sunday after someone else told you it was time to speak to her? How strong would your relationship be? Now does this mean you only speak to her in private? Of course not. Does this mean you only spend time with her when it can be one on one? No. You spend family time with her, you go out with friends together.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Rochambeau

I totally get that and I think you're right, I just don't know how you got to this from what I first said is all. I was saying that for some people it isn't necessary to have a relationship with God at all. God gives people free will and there are all sorts of people in the world, that have different priorities.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:45 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
I totally get that and I think you're right, I just don't know how you got to this from what I first said is all. I was saying that for some people it isn't necessary to have a relationship with God at all. God gives people free will and there are all sorts of people in the world, that have different priorities.
ok i see what happened. when i asked was it necessary to have a relationship with God by it i meant devo. you meant does someone have to a relationship with God. ok ok. got that cleared up.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Chris F

Quote:
What are you talking about, Pokemon? Where does the relationship with my partner come into this? I have one on one time with her and one on one time speaking with God. Do I need one on one time with God to have a relationship with him? I can have a relationship with God amoung others.
Ask yourself the same thing can you have a relationship wiht your "partner" amoung others and it grow and be fruitful? The answer should be no. For a real relationship to grow he need intimate time.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Chris F

Quote:
To be saved yes they do, but as you say Free will to reject God is an option and that result is not a good one.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 AM
Rochambeau

The kids in Sunday school can tell you that.