Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-27-2010, 04:11 PM
BamaGrits84

Default DEVOS

Devos is a nickname for personal devotion time. It was the topic of a small group session and a sermon I've heard recently. One thing that came out was 7 of 10 thoughts we have during our devos are from God. Do you keep these thoughts to yourself? Do you share them with someone else? Does God tell you sometimes to share them with a specific person? Have you ever wanted to share a thought with someone and say "hey I think God told me _____." but are afraid they may think you're crazy? Have you ever shared something you feel God telling you and as soon as you share it you receive affirmation that you were infact supposed to sahre. For example someoen saying, you know I needed to hear that or I have been struggling with that or I needed help with that but was afraid to ask? Do you even have a decidated time with God daily? Do you think it is necessary to having a relationship with God?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Rochambeau

I have shared messages. Responses are usually positive, but perhaps I've been blessed in having the right people around me. I don't think that's the case for everybody.

Is it necessary to have a relationship with God? To some individuals it isn't. What is free will?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Is it necessary to have a relationship with God? To some individuals it isn't. What is free will?
So you do not think one on one time with God is necessary to having a relationship with Him?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Rochambeau

It doesn't need to be one on one.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Hum. Intersting. How do you come to this thought?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Rochambeau

How did you get here from what I first said?

If you're connecting with God then it is always between God and yourself, but somebody else could always be with you.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
How did you get here from what I first said?

If you're connecting with God then it is always between God and yourself, but somebody else could always be with you.
You stated that personal devotions with God was not necessary to a relationship with him. What I was asking you is how you came to that thought. I'm not asking if you can connect to God when others are around. I'm saying a daily time, just you and God, where you spend time in the scriptures and prayer. And the way I really should put it is do you think you can sustain a relationship with God without this time.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Rochambeau

You quoted one line from what I first said and asked me a question that didn't really go with it.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Are you married? If not better change your thinking before you do because a marriage will die w/o one one one and how much more important is time alone with God.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Rochambeau

What are you talking about, Pokemon? Where does the relationship with my partner come into this? I have one on one time with her and one on one time speaking with God. Do I need one on one time with God to have a relationship with him? I can have a relationship with God amoung others.