Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Twinsmama

I watched Sarah fighting and cracked up everytime he would duck...I think he was a total of 3 1/2 feet tall when he was ducking his head. Lytle looked so ackward trying to crouch down a little. One good thing about Sarah he can take a beating. i hope his mouth is swelled up for a little while. i'm gonna look for some after pictures and hope theres at least one black and blue eye.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

For those of you who didn't get to see it (& for Amy, 'cause I know she's prolly been searching for it ), here's a nice pic of Evan Dunham's eye afte Round #1:

Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Allons-y

A few solid quotes I thought were worth sharing:

Quick Comments on UFC 119:

Quote:
Best Walking Advertisement for Wrestling Programs Everywhere: Ryan Bader
It may not have been the most dominating performance we've ever seen from him, but Bader's win over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira demonstrated the value of being able to take the fight to mat whenever you feel like it. Give him credit, he was willing to mix it up on the feet with Little Nog quite a bit. But whenever he felt like it wasn't going his way he always had the option of putting the Brazilian on his back. That might have saved the day for him in the third round, and maybe even earned him a very tough showdown with Jon Jones. Talk about a prize most people wouldn't want to win...

Best Worst Game Plan: Matt Serra
Serra is right to wonder what kind of idiot chooses to stand and bang with Lytle, despite a significant disadvantage in height and striking skill. At the same time, aren't you glad Serra is that kind of idiot? The alternative would be to try and smother Lytle against the cage (we've seen how popular that strategy is) or spend all night trying to get him to the mat, only to run into a likely stalemate once it gets there. This way, maybe Serra took a beating, but at least he also put on a show. It didn't do his face any favors, but so what? When you've got as much personality as Serra does, who needs to be pretty?

Least Impressive in Victory: Frank Mir
How is it that, with all the work he's done on his wrestling, Mir couldn't get Cro Cop to the mat after two and a half rounds of trying? I realize much of his work has probably been on defending takedowns, since that seems like the only way he'll have any hope of ever reclaiming the UFC heavyweight title, but still. Mir spent all night pressing Cro Cop into the fence and waiting for Herb Dean to split them up. If he thinks that's the kind of performance that will send him rocketing up the ranks, he's kidding himself. The knockout at the end almost saved the fight, but coming as it did in the final minute, it just felt like a good scene that comes at the end of a very long and very boring movie. By that point so many people have walked out or fallen asleep, it hardly matters.
Dana White compares Mir's heart to that of the Grinch (i.e. non-existant):
Quote:
"I have no clue about Frank. To talk the stuff he does, and then fight like he fought, that's a little frustrating. Once "Cro Cop" stuffed his takedown attempt, his heart fell out on the floor. If Frank Mir can't bully you, his heart shrinks to the size of the Grinch's. If he can't take you down, his heart shrinks to the size of a pea."
Old 09-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
For those of you who didn't get to see it (& for Amy, 'cause I know she's prolly been searching for it ), here's a nice pic of Evan Dunham's eye afte Round #1:

I would love to be the one to stitch that up. That's just fantastic. It actually has beautiful lines. It's like an art masterpiece to me.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I would love to be the one to stitch that up. That's just fantastic. It actually has beautiful lines. It's like an art masterpiece to me.

~Amy
How would you handle that loose flap on the upper edge? Would you position one of the stitches such that it also went through the flap & held it in place, or would you just rip it off & say "Whoopsies, my bad!"
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
How would you handle that loose flap on the upper edge?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85CoyYfHYTQ

I do a round by round breakdown of the sherk/dunham match as the bulk of my recap video.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
How would you handle that loose flap on the upper edge? Would you position one of the stitches such that it also went through the flap & held it in place, or would you just rip it off & say "Whoopsies, my bad!"
I would cut it off. There would be no saving it really and it would just muck it all up. I'd just snip that little flap off and sew it all back together layer by layer. See the beauty in it now?

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:

Sweet Jesus, if that thing had lips, it would look like he had another mouth up there. They let the fight continue after that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
Let's call it, "The Abyss", shall we Picasso?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 AM

I think I'm going to faint...