Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default UFC 119 Moments

Man.. very good card.. nice fights.. though the main event didn't get good until the last minute or so....

And as much as a Sean Serk fan as I am, I just didn't see him winning that fight.. but he open up some NASTY cuts!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:37 PM

I agree some good fights on this card.

I am glad Sherk won - I think it was tough, dunham edged it i thought but sherk did some big damage and scored some big takedowns. I can see how technically he got a few rounds.

He seems like a nice guy but I am pleased the young buck Dunham has been stopped.

I like old guard still to win
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I can see how technically he got a few rounds.
I can't.

Normally, decisions that are controversial don't stick in my craw too much even when I disagree with them. It's part of the human element to the sport, and it's bound to happen. Also, there is typically a solid case to be made for either fighter in fights like Sherk/Dunham, but sometimes it's just blatantly obvious that judges have their head in the clouds.

Evan Dunham won that fight, no doubt about it. The first round definitely went to Sherk, but only because of the outstanding submission defense and the damage he inflicted from the top. From there on out, I had it all Evan Dunham. Now, I also am not taking anything away from Sherk. Considering the long layoff, Sherk looked as tough as ever in my opinion, but I still think he lost that fight.

That fight is the perfect example of why saying "don't let it go to the judges decision" is just plain ridiculous. Dunham hit Sherk with everything but the kitchen sink and there was no way he could finish the guy. This is why we have judges, and they are supposed to be able to accurately judge some of the most simple observations in this sport.

This is also another reason why I am not a fan of 3 round fights. Fights should all be at least 5 rounds, with Championship fights being 7 rounds. I wouldn't even care if they shortened the length of the rounds to do it (though I don't think they need to) , but 3 round fights are part of the problem with some of these crappy decisions in my opinion.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I can't.

Normally, decisions that are controversial don't stick in my craw too much even when I disagree with them. It's part of the human element to the sport, and it's bound to happen. Also, there is typically a solid case to be made for either fighter in fights like Sherk/Dunham, but sometimes it's just blatantly obvious that judges have their head in the clouds.

Evan Dunham won that fight, no doubt about it. The first round definitely went to Sherk, but only because of the outstanding submission defense and the damage he inflicted from the top. From there on out, I had it all Evan Dunham. Now, I also am not taking anything away from Sherk. Considering the long layoff, Sherk looked as tough as ever in my opinion, but I still think he lost that fight.

That fight is the perfect example of why saying "don't let it go to the judges decision" is just plain ridiculous. Dunham hit Sherk with everything but the kitchen sink and there was no way he could finish the guy. This is why we have judges, and they are supposed to be able to accurately judge some of the most simple observations in this sport.

This is also another reason why I am not a fan of 3 round fights. Fights should all be at least 5 rounds, with Championship fights being 7 rounds. I wouldn't even care if they shortened the length of the rounds to do it (though I don't think they need to) , but 3 round fights are part of the problem with some of these crappy decisions in my opinion.
Agreed. Extending the amount of rounds in a fight would be a good idea too. Wish they'd do it.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:31 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Pride rules. First round till they about drop, give 'em a drink and put them back out there.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Pride rules. First round till they about drop, give 'em a drink and put them back out there.
yup .. and you are tired and wanna stall? stand up, take a portion of their purse and keep fighting .. LOL ..
Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yup .. and you are tired and wanna stall? stand up, take a portion of their purse and keep fighting .. LOL ..
Exactly! This is a f*&(* fight! No time for dancing.

Fighters get a base pay but only the winner gets the big money! Give 'em something to fight for.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:42 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Exactly! This is a f*&(* fight! No time for dancing.

Fighters get a base pay but only the winner gets the big money! Give 'em something to fight for.
yeah, jon fitch would have a great record, but on welfare ... haha ..
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, jon fitch would have a great record, but on welfare ... haha ..

We should make it like a video game and at the end you cash in your points for money. Big points for a slam. Double for a KO. You get points for submission attempts but also get them for defending one. And you lose points for running backwards, turtling, nipple tweaking, or crying while still in the octagon.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:

We should make it like a video game and at the end you cash in your points for money. Big points for a slam. Double for a KO. You get points for submission attempts but also get them for defending one. And you lose points for running backwards, turtling, nipple tweaking, or crying while still in the octagon.

LMFAO!!!