Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I didn't see any evidence of gang activity in Jacksonville, just a bunch of posers and wannabes. Springfield definitely has a gang presence. I know this because I tangled with them a few years back and ended up having to move. Having to hide my vehicle and sneak around just wasn't any fun.
most of jacksonville is nice, but that north side is a little iffy, North Clay might be wannabe's, but they have shootings and all that, so I wouldn't wanna test it......Springfield is definitely gang affiliated, once you get close to MLK boulevard is when it starts to get pretty rough around the gold's gym area...I don't know if you know where it is, but for summer baseball we used to play ball at Chamberlain park which is in that area...and night games there are, erm interesting...It's guaranteed by the 5th inning you will hear a 9mm go off, and I have heard shotgun shots and even an AK...they are pretty loud gunshots, but not close enough to put the players in danger...plus in the outfield which is where you can see the houses and all that from, they have a huge barrier put up so they can't look in and start shooting people
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-28-2009, 04:54 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yeah, I don't really know of any gangs in the Richmond area.
Guarantee you there are some, in a city of that size, there are bound to be some, maybe not some with the presence or influence as in other cities, but there are bound to be a few
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There's some gangs in the Richmond area. I remember watching Gangland on the History channel. I forgot which ones but they are there.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba
There's some gangs in the Richmond area. I remember watching Gangland on the History channel. I forgot which ones but they are there.
I've heard of an MS-13 presence in Richmond before, I think on gangland possibly, they didn't focus the show on that area, but it was mentioned....From watching gangland, I'd have to say that it appears to me LA and Chicago are filled with the most and worst gangs
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
realy humm I allways thought it was the other way around . and have you ever thought of moveing?
We want to move, but the problem is where? And my Dad's job too is the other issue.

I've always thought it would be the other way around too. But what I think it is, is the hispanic gangs have a degree of respect for women, especially they are mommas. I think these particular gangs would consider it to be disrespectful and out of line to go after women. Most of these hispanic gangs are run by the Mexican Mafia and I know they are have some kind of code of conduct. I guess if you aren't going after their drugs then you're okay.

I still wouldn't enter Mexico though. After hearing on the news of how certain drug cartels get rid of the bodies (dissolving bodies in acid ), it would be a cold day in hell before I ever enter that place.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I've heard of an MS-13 presence in Richmond before, I think on gangland possibly, they didn't focus the show on that area, but it was mentioned....From watching gangland, I'd have to say that it appears to me LA and Chicago are filled with the most and worst gangs
I'm pretty sure it was MS-13, and there might have been another one too. I would agree that LA and Chicago are definitely up there, maybe add New Orleans too.

Florida used to be pretty bad in terms of the drug wars. I saw a movie called Cocaine Cowboys and it documented a hitman for this drug lord in FL. I think it was in the 70s and 80s where a woman was the god mother of the cocaine traffic in and out of that state. I don't remember her name right now, but she was ruthless.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:33 PM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
most of jacksonville is nice, but that north side is a little iffy, North Clay might be wannabe's, but they have shootings and all that, so I wouldn't wanna test it......Springfield is definitely gang affiliated, once you get close to MLK boulevard is when it starts to get pretty rough around the gold's gym area...I don't know if you know where it is, but for summer baseball we used to play ball at Chamberlain park which is in that area...and night games there are, erm interesting...It's guaranteed by the 5th inning you will hear a 9mm go off, and I have heard shotgun shots and even an AK...they are pretty loud gunshots, but not close enough to put the players in danger...plus in the outfield which is where you can see the houses and all that from, they have a huge barrier put up so they can't look in and start shooting people
I lived on north 4th in Springfield, right by the railroad tracks. The landlord gave me an apartment free of charge in exchange for doing maintenance and "security" for the rest of the units. Drug dealers would stand by the street in the front yard and deal right by the driveway. I started calling the police on them, taking pictures and video of their activities. It didn't take them long to figure out the white guy in the rear apartment was the one harassing them. Then I stepped in on a guy who was beating his girlfriend in the apartment above mine. He took a swing at me and I took him down and called the police. Turned out he was a GD on parole and got revoked and taken to jail.

It was on after that and it just got too dangerous for me to live there. They were cruising by the house all the time, telling other residents that I was a dead man, etc. The final straw came when the police (who were keeping a little closer eye on me) drove by, saw someone run from the side of the building next to my living room window and investigated. They didn't find the guy, but they did find a little .25 pistol the guy dropped under my window.

I moved.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Robertboxerboy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

in garrett we dont really have "home boy" gangs. We have more like emo gangs and stuff. Theres always fights going on a kid might get stabbbed every great while but thats about it. But about 20 minutes away in fort wayne theres alot of gangs. We used to likve about 3 blocks down from a place called Pontiac Street, wanna talk about battle zone?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba
There's some gangs in the Richmond area. I remember watching Gangland on the History channel. I forgot which ones but they are there.
MS-13 has a very strong presence in that area.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:22 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I didn't see any evidence of gang activity in Jacksonville, just a bunch of posers and wannabes. Springfield definitely has a gang presence. I know this because I tangled with them a few years back and ended up having to move. Having to hide my vehicle and sneak around just wasn't any fun.
The biggest gang in Jacksonville would be Scientology. And yes, I consider them a gang, because it definitely is not a religion, but a group of scammers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.