Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-28-2009, 05:17 AM
atomdanger

Default Gangs in your area?

There was another thread that mentioned gangs,
so I was wondering if anybody has gang problems in their area? City?

Vancouver is pretty suburban, and I haven't seen or heard of any gangs here,
but we touch Portland, and they have a little bit of drug issues and stuff,
but never big gang shootings and stuff.

I googled Portland gangs, and I guess the burbs east of the city have a problem with mexican gangs.
(gresham)

But thats far from me... How about you guys???
Old 02-28-2009, 05:29 AM
timmyja

honestly... I heard way more gang stories when I lived in the Chicagoland area.. Since I have moved to VA, eight years ago, the only stories I hear are from DC or Fairfax... Fairfax deals with mexican gangs, and DC deals with... well.. politcally correct... DC people
Old 02-28-2009, 05:37 AM
matthughesfan21

Jacksonville(15 minutes) and Springfield(45 minutes) are the only places close with gangs, but there are miles of country road in between, so they are no worries...I just live in a small, blue-collar farming community
Old 02-28-2009, 07:14 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

What do you want to know?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

The major gangs in San Antonio would be the Texas Syndicate, MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha), and the Bandidos (biker gang). We really don't have a huge issue in comparison to other Texas cities like Houston, Dallas, and Austin though.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:27 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
Jacksonville(15 minutes) and Springfield(45 minutes) are the only places close with gangs, but there are miles of country road in between, so they are no worries...I just live in a small, blue-collar farming community
I didn't see any evidence of gang activity in Jacksonville, just a bunch of posers and wannabes. Springfield definitely has a gang presence. I know this because I tangled with them a few years back and ended up having to move. Having to hide my vehicle and sneak around just wasn't any fun.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Yeah, I don't really know of any gangs in the Richmond area.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Black Mamba

Shoot I'm in gang central. I live in San Diego, but I'm less than a mile from the border fence.

Crips, Bloods, MS-13, Palm City, Imperials, biker gangs (Hells Angels, Mongols mainly with other smaller ones), some asian gangs that I don't know the names to, possible Latin Kings (I've seen some graffitti with crowns on it)....I'm sure there's more around here but I'm not all too familiar with their names.

We have a major drug and gang issue here. You can't even go to gas station without the possibilty of getting attacked. My Mom has almost been 3 times at a gas station, and recently she came very close. Long story short, she was pumping gas, Dad went to go pay, and this thug was walking straight toward her getting ready to shoot. My Dad was right behind his a$$ getting ready to shank him.

Another story, sometimes my Mom and I like to do our annual night shopping trip in December. It was 10:30 one night, we were pulling up on a stoplight and this thug was getting ready to pull out a sawed off shotgun. My Mom hit that gas pedal like her life literally depended on it.

I have three major drug houses that live around me. DEA has been here once, but they didn't catch anything important. UCs stick out like a sore thumb in their Crown Victorias but they are getting smarter. Also we have a little drug war turf going on too. Anytime you see more than one pair of shoes hanging from telephone lines, then that's a battle ground.

And normally I don't like to involve race but this particular topic I will. To be frank, the black gangs here are more vicious and daring than the hispanics. My Mom is white, and she's never had issues with the hispanic gangs here, but it's the blacks she has had most of her near death experiences with. The black gangs don't have a problem involving civilians, where as the hispanics seem to have this code of honor. And I have to respect that.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Jason 16

I live in the middle of no where but I heard about mexicans causeing problems an hour and a half south in redding. I dont know if its gang related or not
Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba

And normally I don't like to involve race but this particular topic I will. To be frank, the black gangs here are more vicious and daring than the hispanics. My Mom is white, and she's never had issues with the hispanic gangs here, but it's the blacks she has had most of her near death experiences with. The black gangs don't have a problem involving civilians, where as the hispanics seem to have this code of honor. And I have to respect that.
realy humm I allways thought it was the other way around . and have you ever thought of moveing?