Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: UFC 119

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Audra and I will be taking Hanna to her first UFC this weekend. This is kind of a trial test for Hanna to see if we will take her to my UFC in Detroit on November 20th, when I face BJ. So we're going to go over tomorrow morning, I'll catch the autograph session for the UFC at the weigh-ins and then have Friday night to ourselves, Saturday morning we'll wake up and Audra has plenty of family activities planned out; then we'll go to the fights Saturday night.

As for the fights on the card, I only want to comment on a couple of them:

Cro Cop vs. Frank Mir: Interesting fight, but I think Frank's just got more ways to win. If it hits the ground, Frank will most definitely have the advantage. The question is can Frank get him there? The stand up could be pretty even, it just depends on which Frank Mir is going to show up for the stand up and also which Cro Cop is going to be there. They both seem a little hot and cold on their feet sometimes. So in conclusion, I would have to say that Frank has a little bit more of an advantage here.

Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle: I really think Chris will win this fight as I thought he won the first fight, from the TUF finale. To be honest, Chris has the advantage on his feet and on the ground. I would also have to give the wrestling advantage to Chris and the only way I see Matt winning is that overhand right that he throws with his eyes closed. I don't think Chris will let it go to a decision without it going his way.

Sean Sherk is going to fight also and I'm very interested in seeing him again. I've known Sean for a long time and I think he's a good guy and I'm glad to see him getting in there again. I don't know much about his opponent, though, so I can't really say anything about the fight itself.

Like I said in the first paragraph, I'll be fighting BJ on November 20th in Detroit. Dana called me less than two weeks ago and asked me to take the fight. After a brief conversation with my wife, we decided yes; so I texted Dana back and told him I'd take it. Yes, it was a sad day at the Hughes house as I had to give up quite a few hunts that I had planned in order to take the fight; but three paychecks this year will keep the wife happy.

Here is the Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:20-23)
-matt
Old 09-23-2010, 11:59 PM
SteveT

I'm really looking forward to the Detroit PPV because I already have my tickets and it will be my first UFC live event as well
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 AM

I hope it works out well so that Hanna can go to the November fight. We fans are VERY appreciative and excited that Matt took this fight! Thanks to Audra too for being so supportive.

I figure I'm one of the few people rooting for Frank (I like Mirko too, this is one of those matchups where I hate to see either lose!) but I think Frank needs the win more.

I hope Chris turns the lights out on Serra. Ditto Sean.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya

So..............
We shall see our Mighty Warrior prepare for battle AGAIN in 2010!!!!!!

We need a countdown to Nov 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be an awesome weekend of fights...
I hope Mir wins, as well at Lytle (cant stand Serra!)

WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I'm very excited for the fight with BJ, and I'm glad thats the road the UFC decided to take.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:16 AM

I felt like Chris Lytle won that fight too, and I'm rooting for him again. If it does go to a decision, I definitely hope he removes all doubt from the judges' minds this time.

Hope little Hanna has a good time this weekend.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

What fair a year …... what glorious times. We have been to the ends of the earth … tamed the desert sea … subdued the Oakland nights …. its time for peace and rest … and ice cream. I drag my sheild to the corner … curl up with Schnitzel the weenie dog … rest hughesian warriors for ….

hold the phone …....

I hear a distant echo …..

A single drum of war …..

An old enemy perhaps, taunting the country sage for next years combat ….

Whats this!!!!!! MATT ON HIS STEED!!!! GEARED UP WITH VENGENCE IN HIS EYES!!!!

HAIL HAIL FORUM OF FORUMS THE CALL TO WAR HAS ONCE AGAIN COME!!!!! THE COUNTRY SAGE CHARGES INTO BATTLE AGAINST A MIGHTY FOE OF OLD!!!!! REST WIL LCOME SOON ENOUGH BUT TONIGHT WE PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!! POLISH OTHER SHIELDS !!! SHARPEN THOSE SWORDS … put the ice cream down ….... THE COUNTRY SAGE NEEDS US AT HIS SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO WARRRRRRR!!!!

I hope to see many of you there.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!

Last edited by Boomer; 09-24-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 AM

heh, you sure do have a way with words, Boomer!

WAR HUGHES!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

excellent stuff Boom
Old 09-24-2010, 02:44 AM

Have a great time in Indy. I'm with you 100% percent on the Lytle fight. Chris wins every which way AND loose.
Can't wait for Detroit fight!
You forgot to mention that by fighting that weekend you get to pig out on Thanksgiving

[