Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Who would have thought that Georges was so submissive I'm kinda with Dana White on this one...He lets the fighter pick the fight...and what is it with basically handing over his ability, or inability to coach, to Greg Jackson

Thats fascinating...as is the Bias of the UFC...Did you notice who cam first in their Liturgical Order? First in Credits, First in Training camp showing, First in his fighter entering the cage.

Tell me why The UFC are putting Josh Koscheck ABOVE Georges Saint Pierre
Dave, it's the same as why Kos will enter the Octagon first in December: GSP's the champ & you save the best for last.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, it's the same as why Kos will enter the Octagon first in December: GSP's the champ & you save the best for last.
But on the Credits...GSP comes first

Thats my whole point. The UFC is supposed to follow a liturgical order...that means the later you are...the more important you are

SO explain to me why GSP came first on the Credits, GSP was introduced to the cast first, GSPs training session was shown first, GSPs fighter went into the cage first.

Why is GSP first...when due to his status he should be last
Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

no man ... it's like in the movies .. the star is first on the list of credits at the begining, even before the name of the movie itself in some cases ... but come fight day, GSP will enter the ring last ... and also leave last after he gives his post-fight victory speech ..
Old 09-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
no man ... it's like in the movies .. the star is first on the list of credits at the begining, even before the name of the movie itself in some cases ... but come fight day, GSP will enter the ring last ... and also leave last after he gives his post-fight victory speech ..
thats not how the UFC work. They use The Liturgical Order. On the introductions to everything...they will show the least important first, and the most important at the last possible moment.

I explain better in my TUF Review which has been published by SquaredOctagon dot com....

Take a looookey

As has become the UFCs custom, the first week of TUF is always taken up with a bunch of hand selected prospects being asked to prove their worth by fighting to gain a place in on the reality show. Naturally, as usual, the UFC only show highlights from half the fights, this saves time, but makes it impossible to make predictions on which two fighters will be selected for a wild card fight and immediate advancement later in the show. For now, for me, two people stick out. The first one is called Kyle Watson, we only saw highlights of his fight, in which he choked out his opponent to gain entry into the House. The other fighter was Dane Sayers, who wasn’t always winning the fight that got him into the house, and might have started with an egotistical display that nearly backfired, but showed that even with and after making mistakes, good talent and heart can produce a victory. One thing we can say is that TUF has taken a step back from pure hype

http://www.highunderground.com/index.php?page=47 (yes it is JBs website )
Old 10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

do you know..I thought Aaron Wilkinson sounded terribly familiar.

This is crazy...You remember about two years ago when I would go to every single Cage Gladiator event as a guest of the owner Well, I know Aaron Wilkinson from that, he was a regular on the card, I never got to speak to him...but someone who I know, and got to speak to plenty...is a guy called Paul Sass...he's making his UFC debut at UFC 120...its a small world isnt it

I am now watching fighters I saw at this little backwater promotion, about to become stars on the international stage...its bizzare...I knew them before they were famous