Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-23-2010, 09:02 PM
hughesfan4life

what's not to love about wandy!!,i bet the poor lassie travelling in the car with them was thinking.........Heeeeeelp!!.chael probs had wet himself at the potential beating he could've recieved from wand.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:51 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Can you explain a little more about this Line he crossed? Im curious.... since alot of people have said this lately? Excuse my ignorance but I wasn't aware that this line existed.
Sonnen pretty much insulted Brazil and everyone from it.

Over the line, yes.
Funny, yes.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:02 AM
rearnakedchoke

i don't think chael understood what he was saying for the most part ... but chael and wandy both handled it well ...
Old 09-24-2010, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
I think some people are looking at this the wrong way. I think Wanderlei wasn't getting in Chael's face at all; he was simply trying to help Chael understand that there's a line between promoting a fight and being disrespectful; and in all fairness, Chael did indeed cross that line once or twice during the hyping of the fight with Anderson. So while Wanderlei is pointing all of this out, I'm thinking Chael is merely nodding his head agreeing because he knows Wand might have a point, and hopefully, Chael will consider that point in the future after he's gotten off the suspension list.
That's how I saw it too. Wandy is such a gentleman.

I'm still not used to his new face...I'm glad he got the surgery and hope that it will keep him from getting bad cuts but it takes a while to forget the "old Wanderlei" face.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
It would be much easier to notice this figurative line if you would release your grasp from Chael's nuts

I just choked on my coffee!
Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i don't think chael understood what he was saying for the most part ... but chael and wandy both handled it well ...
Old 09-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

He was magnificent

I love the way that he didnt shout, he just spoke...and Chael looked really uncomfortable He didnt dare talk back to Silva. He just sulked because he'd been given a bollocking like a naught school child or something "good conduct" "give respect" "dont say that anymore" Whats best is, he shut Sonnen up in English, without even raising his voice.

I watched it twice
Old 09-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
He was magnificent

I love the way that he didnt shout, he just spoke...and Chael looked really uncomfortable He didnt dare talk back to Silva. He just sulked because he'd been given a bollocking like a naught school child or something "good conduct" "give respect" "dont say that anymore" Whats best is, he shut Sonnen up in English, without even raising his voice.

I watched it twice
Yeah...it's funny because I think Chael know's he's being lectured to on camera as well. He's gotta be embarrassed. BUT I have to give Chael credit; he didn't start gobbing off trying to make exuses or act like he's superior to Wand or anything. He did indeed handle it maturely.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
telling Chael Sonnen to show some respect or lose his teeth...

Watch from the 3:50 mark for a very awkward confrontation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_JLb...yer_embedded#!
I thought it was pretty cool actually. I liked the content of Wandi's message and how he delivered it. I was equally impressed by Chael's reaction to it. I don't think he was afraid or had a reason to be. Wandi didn't seem to be threatening Chael to me. Chael handled it quite professionally IMO.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:03 AM
timmyja

Nobody noticed chael c#ck-block wandy? The part about the tattoo? Didn't look scared to me. I do see what Wand is trying to say tho.