Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's funny because it was all like...

Wandy: "Don't do that anymore. In Brazil we have a saying where you either show respect or lose your teeth."

Chael : "Sure, thank you".

To be fair, Chael has the right idea. If Wandy was threatening to knock my teeth out from about 2 feet away I would also acknowledge this and thank Wandy for his time. Basically, at that point I am doing the exact opposite of anything that may even remotely upset Wandy.

Although if I was Chael Sonnen, I probably would have been a smart ass and said something like..."Hey, listen here Josh Burkman, I am Chael Sonnen". Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Me, too!

"Thank you, Mr. Wandi! Ooo, is that something on your shoe? Here, allow me..."

Old 09-23-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
That's happened in near enough every country in my lifetime to be fair. Chael didn't seem intimidated what-so-ever, was nice to see.
I agree .
Old 09-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Krupp

I think some people are looking at this the wrong way. I think Wanderlei wasn't getting in Chael's face at all; he was simply trying to help Chael understand that there's a line between promoting a fight and being disrespectful; and in all fairness, Chael did indeed cross that line once or twice during the hyping of the fight with Anderson. So while Wanderlei is pointing all of this out, I'm thinking Chael is merely nodding his head agreeing because he knows Wand might have a point, and hopefully, Chael will consider that point in the future after he's gotten off the suspension list.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
I think some people are looking at this the wrong way. I think Wanderlei wasn't getting in Chael's face at all; he was simply trying to help Chael understand that there's a line between promoting a fight and being disrespectful; and in all fairness, Chael did indeed cross that line once or twice during the hyping of the fight with Anderson. So while Wanderlei is pointing all of this out, I'm thinking Chael is merely nodding his head agreeing because he knows Wand might have a point, and hopefully, Chael will consider that point in the future after he's gotten off the suspension list.
Can you explain a little more about this Line he crossed? Im curious.... since alot of people have said this lately? Excuse my ignorance but I wasn't aware that this line existed.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Twinsmama

I love him! How uncomfortable for that woman sitting next to him.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:27 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Can you explain a little more about this Line he crossed? Im curious.... since alot of people have said this lately? Excuse my ignorance but I wasn't aware that this line existed.
It would be much easier to notice this figurative line if you would release your grasp from Chael's nuts
Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
It would be much easier to notice this figurative line if you would release your grasp from Chael's nuts

I think you just crossed the line buddy!!

bahhahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
I disagree. All he would have to do is just look down & he'd see it as Chael stepped over!

(Sorry, Javier, but the opportunity presented itself . . .)
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I wonder why Chael wouldn't tell Wandy to his face that him and Cro-Cop have horrible records but still draw well in the UFC?

I think Chael is afraid of Brazilians in general...notice how he keeps his back turned towards the wall, like somebody is gonna snatch his wallet. He also don't wanna give Wand a chance to choke him out from behind. LOL
Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think you just crossed the line buddy!!

bahhahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!