Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-21-2010, 03:26 PM

I don't see why he was fired? Isn't this hes second loss? Yeah he was overweight but why would he get fired? I thought he had the whole Hispanic fan base going for him...
Old 09-21-2010, 03:36 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
What about Koz.. Kenny.. Not that I am huge fans of them.. but they are still there..
Well Kos was never a runner up for the ultimate finale, but he is under the season 1-2 rule which seemed to produce a handful of fighters. Kenflo is one of the very few runners up to still be a worthwhile watch. There are a few others but for the most part they seem to be fighting sub par fighters still.

In all I think the show has been a real bust after the second season in terms of quality fighters.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:38 PM
BamaGrits84

Serra was on the show as a cast member? I didn't even become a fan of the UFC until Team Hughes vs Team Serra.

An as much as I love Tommy and hate to do, let's not forget him. I really was hoping he'd fight his way back.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Hughes fanboy

Oh yea...Tommy Speers...forgot all about him. He didn't get very far either.

TUF is a joke.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I don't see why he was fired? Isn't this hes second loss? Yeah he was overweight but why would he get fired? I thought he had the whole Hispanic fan base going for him...
You got me considering people like Mac Danzig (3W-4L) Grove is like (6W-4L) but hasnt really beat anyone outside an aged Evan Tanner.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM
BamaGrits84

George Sotiropoulos has had a nice run so far too. don't think anyone has mentioned him yet.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post

TUF is a joke.
Luke Cummo, Brad Imes, Ed Herman (4W-5L in UFC), Those are just a couple of the runners up lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post

TUF is a joke.
I think what's happening is all these guy try out and make it on that are good on an amature level but can't hang with the guys in the UFC. Plus I often think maybe some more skilled fighters get passed up during casting so more entertaining ones can get on. Plus they have gotten to where anyone can be a coach. Just because you can fight and draw in views doesn't mean you will be a good coach and your coaching team may not be the team that is best suited for a particular fighter.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I think what's happening is all these guy try out and make it on that are good on an amature level but can't hang with the guys in the UFC. Plus I often think maybe some more skilled fighters get passed up during casting so more entertaining ones can get on. Plus they have gotten to where anyone can be a coach. Just because you can fight and draw in views doesn't mean you will be a good coach and your coaching team may not be the team that is best suited for a particular fighter.
Thats why I think its a joke and why after season 2 your hard pressed to find anyone from the show at that next level. Most of those fighters fight at the low end of the division and really haven't made it to the next level and probably wont.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Maybe Efrain should have at least made weight before losing...
Yep, that was my thought too...I'm shocked by Efrain...I thought he was better then that