Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
BJs PJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
hmmm...

Baby Jay.. 15-7-1
Matt Hughes... 45 -7 hmmmmm... Matt has more fights.. against better quality fighters... than Penn has TOTAL!!.. Hmmm

Matt has been TKOed.. Subbed.... Only Baby Jay has QUIT ON THE STOOL... no heart...

Matt Hughes.. 9 title defenses...
Penn .. 3 title defense...

Times that Matt has had his momma speak for him to an athletic commission.. 0
Times that Baby Jay has had his momma speak for him to an athletic commission.. 1... hahahahahahaaaaahahaahahahaha.. it's still funny

Matt's total Gracie BJJ BBs beaten... 4
Baby Jay's total Gracie BJJ BBs beaten... 2

Times that Matt Hughes has been called a "Baby".... None..
Times that Baby Jay has been called a "Baby"... countless...

Times that Matt Hughes fans go to Baby Jay Penn's site to bash him.. prolly 0....
Times that Baby Jay Penn fans come here to try and trash Matt Hughes... countless..

Times that Baby Jay Penn will get taken down on 11/20.... as many times as Matt wants..
Times that Baby Jay Penn hand gets raised on 11/20 .. none.

Excuses that Baby Jay will make?? Many...
Thanks for the crash test course of MMath, you're only problem is that none of it matters on fight day.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong... Baby Jay has great skill... he has beat many people.. But he is not a great person.. he is not a great fighter...

Matt will show that a Country Boy will beat the snot out of a Hilo Boy. 2 out of 3 times...
BJ Penn is not a great fighter? What planet ae you living on?

As far as being a great person, how do you know? If you're just judging by some talk and video footage on youtube then you can accuse Hughes of the same thing.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Hughes is 4-3 in his last 7 fights, what's your point? That's hardly worth bragging about. Taking a shot at winning two titles in two weight divisions simultaneously is hardly shying away from adversity. Come on, dude, try harder.
Me try harder, if your gonna cherry pick my comments, at least try & match up the stats properly. I showed you that BJ was only .500 in his last 10 & 12 figs. You did your best y to make Matt look that mediocre & the closest you could get was a winning record in 7 fights. Tell you whatever, lemme go do the leg work for you (seems you're as opposed to the hard work as BJ is . . .). In Matt's last 10 fights, he's 7-3, & he's 9-3 in his last 12. To get Matt to 5 losses, you have to go back 28 fights to when he was 23-5.

O I know, I know, records don't mean anything was the cage door shuts, but if you want to engage in a discussion, you at least have to do sohnoestly & not try to manipulate the stats.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Haha, kept your eyes closed during the first two rounds did you? Penn was obviously injured going into the third, it's your choice to believe that or not but it clearly led to Penn being so sluggish so fast.
no my eyes were open, and I've even watched it once or twice after that. the first two rounds were really exciting. Matt got into some trouble and BJ proved ot be a handful (no doubt we all expected that) unfortunately they signed up for another 3 rounds. Injuries during a fight are all part of it. Once agan Matt overcame adversity and his training and conditioning (yes stregth conditioning would probably have prevented his rib breaking itself) prevailed.

Quote:
He has 'hurting power'.... since when? He hasn't got it on the feet, rocking Almeida doesn't make that so. He had a hard enough time putting away a gassed Renzo Gracie that had no base or legs left before that. Sure, Hughes does get the TKO victorys on the ground, but, those are against fighters that haven't got a guard even close to how defensive Penns can be..... and that's if Hughes can even take it to the ground, something he has struggled with as of late and had a nightmare with in that second fight with BJ
Why doesn't rocking Almeida count? What about the hurtlock he put him to sleep with. That's power. You're crazy if you can't admit Hughes has hurting power. Renzo fight is not an example of where Matt is at now. he still finished him, and probably could have finished him much sooner. Did the power of BJ finish Renzo? No?

listen, before you have to take a day off school to pull your jockies from your crack, I'm a BJ fan. anyone who truly understands MMA can't ignore BJ's exceptional talent. I just happen to be a much bigger Hughes fan. I've watched a ton of vids of all the charities that BJ does, and I have no doubt he's a good guy.
The bottom line is on 11/20 your favorite fighter is fighting my favorite fighter and I don't forsee a lot of trash talking between these two. You're on Matt's site, so naturally you're going to get some pushback on your predictions and opinions. Especially if they are negative towards our man. but, I have a feeling that you knew that or you wouldn't be here.

[
Old 09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
rearnakedchoke

BJ "the TUF killer" Penn ... let's see ... people talk about how he fights anyone at any weight ... he just lost twice in a row to a natural featherweight and now wants to move to WW
Old 09-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Thanks for the crash test course of MMath, you're only problem is that none of it matters on fight day.
100% correct.

Quote:
BJ Penn is not a great fighter? What planet ae you living on?
The planet that looks at his fight record.. It's not all that... And.. when you look at his lackluster fights against Edgar.. AND when you look at his whinning and complaing about GSP.. to the point where he mom was complaining for him.. AND.. when GSP said.. [insert french accent here]"OK, we rematch".. Baby Jay then goes to the CSAC and says he wants the fight turned into a No contest.. but doesn't ask the UFC for the rematch..

Quote:
As far as being a great person, how do you know? If you're just judging by some talk and video footage on youtube then you can accuse Hughes of the same thing.

Punching a cop..
Bailing on the UFC and going to Pride without defending his win..
Wearing his WW belt to the cage in his rematch fight with Hughes...and didn't he wear a t-shirt saying "real champ".. something like that..

Baby Jay saying that he was "going to try and kill St-Pierre in the ring" .. granted most people take those comments as hype.. but seeing as how it's real easy to SERIOUSLY hurt someone.. those comments are totally uncalled for.. (anyone who says they want to kill some one in a prize fight is lame...)

Whining that he won the first fight with GSP.. "I went to a party.. he went to the hospital".. He still lost..

Excusing his losing to a "broke rib"..

Excusing his losing to "grease gate"

Excusing his losing to "his corner called the fight"

Excusing his losing to "a sinus infection and antibiotics"

Should I go on???

Worse thing I have ever heard Matt say was "I wanna hurt him".. and I am not even sure that he actually said that..
Old 09-21-2010, 06:17 PM
que

Quote:
Don't get me wrong... Baby Jay has great skill... he is not a great fighter...
this statement is retarded. either you are trolling or you don't know anything about mixed martial arts.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
this statement is retarded. either you are trolling or you don't know anything about mixed martial arts.

I have said this many times.. Baby Jay fights great.. but he isn't a great fighter.

Sorry you disagree with my assessment. In my mind, a great "person" is a person that stands up for what he belives in, in the face of advesrsity. Does their job consistently above the normal standards, sometimes even with a disadvantage..

A great person doesn't make excuses for the times they come up short. A great person rises to meet challenges..

A great person helps those around him. A great person helps other help themselves.

A great fighter, is a person that other fighters would want to be like. Not just skill set.. but mind set..

Baby Jay Penn does not fit my idea of what a great fighter is..

Now as for "trolling" or making "retarded" statements.. You coming at me like that has got to be one of the following:

1. You want to draw me into an argument.. for no reason other than to argue
2. You are trolling to get attention
3. You disagree with my assessment of Baby Jay, and instead of using conversational statements.. such as.."why would you say that" or something of that effect.. your so close minded that you can't have a discussion with some that you disagree with on a subject that my history shows I know a great deal about and you just want to be insulting.

So which is it? You let me know, and I will respond in kind.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Penn is making a big mistake.

He should stay at Lightweight, fight some contenders, and then get the lightweight championship back. He could even loose to a contender and not be damaged unless he is finished by them

but by moving to Welterweight, a place he hasnt been successful at ever but fleatingly...he's will loose there..and then what? three in a row, cant do LW cant do WW...coz by that time if he moves back to light weight he will look like he is running skeeerd.

The saddest thing about all of this is that his eyes are bigger then his stomach. He still thinks he can waltz into a division, beat the best, and get the title of his choosing.

Yeah Adolf Hitler made the same mistake. He had the means to take out England, and believe he could do so, but could take out Russia also...in doing that, he lost both.

He took an unbeliveably stupid risk, and he lost, not suprisingly. You find this happens a lot with heathen, just when they can solidify their own achievements, (BJ Penn getting a second reign in the light weight division, by actually working for it, and he can do that, even if he doesnt want to) he thinks, he'll take a mightier slice of pie...you watch...he'll looose both...then he really will be up a creak without a paddle.

Really, such a waste of tallent, because he hasnt got common sense and cant hold his ground. The intelligence of the intelligent I shall frustrate!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

He should stay at Lightweight, fight some contenders, and then get the lightweight championship back. He could even loose to a contender and not be damaged unless he is finished by them

but by moving to Welterweight, a place he hasnt been successful at ever but fleatingly...he's will loose there..and then what? three in a row, cant do LW cant do WW...coz by that time if he moves back to light weight he will look like he is running skeeerd.

The saddest thing about all of this is that his eyes are bigger then his stomach. He still thinks he can waltz into a division, beat the best, and get the title of his choosing.

Yeah Adolf Hitler made the same mistake. He had the means to take out England, and believe he could do so, but could take out Russia also...in doing that, he lost both.

He took an unbeliveably stupid risk, and he lost, not suprisingly. You find this happens a lot with heathen, just when they can solidify their own achievements, (BJ Penn getting a second reign in the light weight division, by actually working for it, and he can do that, even if he doesnt want to) he thinks, he'll take a mightier slice of pie...you watch...he'll looose both...then he really will be up a creak without a paddle.

Really, such a waste of tallent, because he hasnt got common sense and cant hold his ground. The intelligence of the intelligent I shall frustrate!
Definition of CREAK

: to make a prolonged grating or squeaking sound often as a result of being worn-out;
also : to proceed slowly with or as if with creaking wheels <the story creaks along to a dull conclusion>

Definition of CREEK

1 chiefly British : a small inlet or bay narrower and extending farther inland than a cove

2: a natural stream of water normally smaller than and often tributary to a river

3 archaic : a narrow or winding passage

up the creek : in a difficult or perplexing situation

Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 PM

Wow.. I am not the biggest Baby Jay fan.. but even I wouldn't compare him to Hitler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post