Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Matt Hughes just wants to keep having fun against BJ Penn at UFC 123

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/9/19/16...-wants-to-keep

Quote:
Cue Cindy Lauper because that's all the former champion really waaaaaaaaaaants ... some fun (via Montreal Gazette):

"These last couple fights, I’ve really, really had a good time. The walk-out, in the locker-room. It’s all just been extremely fun. I think I’ve found a way, and I can’t explain it, where I’m just having a good time out there. I’m just having fun with it.... I don’t know who would be in front of me [in regard to a future title shot]. I don’t know who would be behind me as far as on the ladder for the title shot. I’m still fighting because I still enjoy getting in there."

A refreshed Matt Hughes, who is apparently really enjoying his current three-fight win streak, provides some insight into his current state of mind as he prepares to take on BJ Penn for the third and likely final time at UFC 123 in two months. The most dominant welterweight champion of his era, Hughes now does what he does because it's a good time. He's not concerned with adding another belt to his collection, just another Hawaiian pelt to hang above his fireplace. Is Hughes in for yet another fun night on Nov. 20 or will "The Prodigy" rain on his parade in "Motor City?"

I say +1
Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Silverback

I say in Matt having a fun and good time, means BJ is in for no fun and a very BAD time, the legend lives on my friends.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Krupp

A year ago I would've been greatly concerned for Matt going into this fight...but after seeing what he did to Almeida, I'm fairly confident this time Matt's going to dominate the fight. Whether he finishes the fight or not I'm not sure, but I think if he can mix some boxing with good leg kicks and a few takedowns, he'll have BJ as frustrated as he was against Frankie.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Buzzard

I see Matt crushing BJ.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
BamaGrits84

I told my husband BJ said this was a fight he couldn't resist. My husband happens to be a big BJ Penn fans so ever I was suprised to hear him say "What he can't resist losing again?"
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 PM
hughesfan4life

fun,fun,fun!,matt will squash bj.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Hughes fanboy

I hope Matt subs him.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I hope Matt subs him.
after some good GnP of course .... Matt via Americana would be great ...
Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 PM
BJs PJs

He won't have much fun when he steps in the cage, that's for sure. Same goes for BJ, actually.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I hope Matt subs him.
Yes and gets the submission of the night bonus, I will be a very happy camper!!!!