Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i think fedor just wants freedom, period. freedom to fight who he wants. freedom to fight where he wants. that's why he always has 1-fight deals and jumps from bodog to M-1 to affliction and now maybe to UFC for a 1-fight contract with barack lesnar. perhaps he had something in his childhood that scarred him and gave him this need for no commitment and freedom from longterm contracts. or maybe it's something else altogether
Hey Cali, how you doing man
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-28-2009, 08:24 PM
cheachea
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Man, I just hope they can reach some kind of deal one of these days. Can you imagine seeing Crocop vs. Fedor again in the UFC that would be awesome !!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
I've definatly missed alot this past year, but if memory serves correct, Fedor wants control of who he fights WITHIN the ufc, not freedom to fight whoever wherever. The only fights he was asking for outside of the UFC was new years in japan and his sambo tournys (if you even count those). I haven't heard anything about other orgs, but I know his managment wanted the UFC and m-1 to co-promote shows in Russia, thats the closest thing to fighting for another promotion (outside of NYE) that I've heard of.

I could be way off on this, like I said, I've missed ALOT in the sport.
the only thing close to that, is he has said he wants a tune up fight in the cage before fighting for the title. that was before though. he's already challenged the UFC to let him fight Lesnar winner take all.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

I admire Fedor for sticking to his principles regardless of how the UFC take it in turns to degrade him publically (Dana White) and then try and entice him with better Money (Fettita)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Dana talks too much"--Fedor
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Am I the only one that finds the title to this thread funny? Us Evil Americans only care about money!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
Am I the only one that finds the title to this thread funny? Us Evil Americans only care about money!
Fedor comes from a Communist Background, He wont be used to having any more then the bear minimum, thats not just a statement meant financially, its also a statement meant wholistically, in terms of where he lives. He wont be that materialistic because he wont have ever been given much to play with, niether would he want more then what the common man in his part of the world has.

He wont be driven by capitalistic culture in the same way as the west. He will be used to working long and hard hours for next to nothing, his values will be far more based on Utilitarianism, then personal wealth or security. He's been bought up to believe that he is a servant like anyone else for the greater good of society as a whole, not to serve himself on a basic level. He will probably recognise that for a greater good of a bigger sum of people, he's pretty much expendable.

Now I dont know how much of that he buys into, but thats the basics of socialism, not as they were conceved, but as how they play out on a large scale...presuming that Fedor is not one of the Russian Elite, or Russian Mafia. From what I understand about his past, he wasnt born into a rich and wealthy family, so he probably isnt of a Noble Bloodline that might be a benefiting party of the Communistic Structure....if this be the case, he probably has very dim views of those who enslave others, and who are elitest or have masses of wealth....He has been forced to work with others en mass in order to survive, so he's going to be very careful about who he lets "own" him in terms of his career. Thats probably why he likes his freedom, he doesnt want to be tied down because he's come from a part of the world where oppresion by people and insitutions with wealth to through away have bought peoples freedom and enslaved them.

He is a good man, with delicate principles, and he views the world from a different perspective, he ISNT a westerner...he's about as Eastern as the bounds of Modern Society flow...But Russians are strong, and they tune up to fight exceedingly well, lots of Eastern Europeans are trained because they still have Governments that impose whats called "National Sevice" Every Male in the country at one time or another has been active in their Military
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Fedor comes from a Communist Background, He wont be used to having any more then the bear minimum, thats not just a statement meant financially, its also a statement meant wholistically, in terms of where he lives. He wont be that materialistic because he wont have ever been given much to play with, niether would he want more then what the common man in his part of the world has.

He wont be driven by capitalistic culture in the same way as the west. He will be used to working long and hard hours for next to nothing, his values will be far more based on Utilitarianism, then personal wealth or security. He's been bought up to believe that he is a servant like anyone else for the greater good of society as a whole, not to serve himself on a basic level. He will probably recognise that for a greater good of a bigger sum of people, he's pretty much expendable.

Now I dont know how much of that he buys into, but thats the basics of socialism, not as they were conceved, but as how they play out on a large scale...presuming that Fedor is not one of the Russian Elite, or Russian Mafia. From what I understand about his past, he wasnt born into a rich and wealthy family, so he probably isnt of a Noble Bloodline that might be a benefiting party of the Communistic Structure....if this be the case, he probably has very dim views of those who enslave others, and who are elitest or have masses of wealth....He has been forced to work with others en mass in order to survive, so he's going to be very careful about who he lets "own" him in terms of his career. Thats probably why he likes his freedom, he doesnt want to be tied down because he's come from a part of the world where oppresion by people and insitutions with wealth to through away have bought peoples freedom and enslaved them.

He is a good man, with delicate principles, and he views the world from a different perspective, he ISNT a westerner...he's about as Eastern as the bounds of Modern Society flow...But Russians are strong, and they tune up to fight exceedingly well, lots of Eastern Europeans are trained because they still have Governments that impose whats called "National Sevice" Every Male in the country at one time or another has been active in their Military

Russia had exploded on the Captilisitic scene!

ITs only a select few but there are numerous Russian billionaires and copiuos millionaires and they are known to spend on all sorts of lavish gifts and material things so i disagree with what you are saying about Fedor's mindset.

My own thought was that now released from socialism, most Russians were all out for making the yankee dollar! But i don't know too much about it, but Roman Abramovich is one example that totally refutes what you are saying here.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Russia had exploded on the Captilisitic scene!

ITs only a select few but there are numerous Russian billionaires and copiuos millionaires
How many of them have links to the Russian Mafia

How many were already Noble Familes that have just exchanged one form of greed for another?



it doesnt "Refute" anything. Communism DID create a social Elite that even through the iron curtain prospered in wealth. There is also a Mafia which has strong connections and wealth, and there are still Noblitiy in Russia, they have wealth.

I was under the Impression that Fedor didnt come from a Noble Background..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
How many of them have links to the Russian Mafia

How many were already Noble Familes that have just exchanged one form of greed for another?


Quite possibly many of them are but Roman Abramovich wasnt.

He was from poor stock, and made his own way up. i have no doubt at some point there was links with mafia and such but i dont see how that affects the issue. It still means that many and i was say most russians under 50 embrace and revel in capitalism now.

They have their big parties, its very glamourised.

But then as ever in Russia, its an elite select few, the rest are just normal. They are a strange breed the Russians.

I think there are different reasons for Fedor's independance or that may just be him and his thinking. I think it gets overcomplicated to predict his decisions on the political structure of Russia. Who knows!!!!!1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.