Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Communion is between you and Christ, isn't it?
Technically yes. Practically No.

Unfortunately you have to receive directly from the Priest, who is of course symbolically representing Christ. We are also warned NOT to take communion unless we are at peace with others around us. That is the reason for "the peace" modern day churches believe its a time to shake hands with friends...thats not the case. The Peace was a part of the service that let enemies reconcile their differences before receiving....besides...I know people who wont receive if they arrive late and miss the prayer of absolution, because they dont feel that without hearing the confirmation from someone ordained to give that confirmation, even if they know the confirmation to be true...can accept it....whilst I dont go that far...I do think that until I can omehow reconcile this issue...not with the other person...but within myself, that it would be prudent to receive.

Its fine...for centuries, noone but the priest received anyway, it was only after the reformation that people lost the simple belief, that the mere hearing of the Word was as much of a blessing as receiving.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Rochambeau

Well, I think it's okay if you're choosing not to take it and you don't feel like you're missing out on something that you really want.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Well, I think it's okay if you're choosing not to take it and you don't feel like you're missing out on something that you really want.
Its funny...because until the symbology of the event was ruined, I would take communion whenever without even thinking about it. My Confirmation Tutor was saddened to hear that I had taken communion billions of times before being a confirmed member....it only took on a reverential meaning...when I was faced with the possibility of Serving at the Altar to him...suddenly I realized that I couldnt. Causing me to examine what I thought of communion altogether. The behaviour of that church I guess led me to believe that we dont need the church, or Priests to authenticate what is a Sacrement from GOD.

I dont need to eat a waffer to gain spiritual sustinance. I dont need to know that a Church that might authenticate a wedding between two homosexuals is a complete falesy. Why? because the Church has ZERO control over the Sacrements

The Can not Baptise by themselves, they can not create union...they can not give remission of sins through Holy Communion. the reason they think they can, is because they havent actually lost the Roman Catholic mindset, which says Peter practically has GODlike Powers to bind and release...even if that were true...and even if that was directly passed on to his successors...it sure as heck ISNT given to your local priest...not EVER. They can of course confirm biblical facts...but I know the biblical facts...I dont need to go tell a priest my problem, so that he can tell me that GOD forgives me.

I have a direct line
Old 09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Rochambeau

I think that your own mindset here is the right one. Whatever you do that concerns God is between he and you. I don't like it in some Churches how they don't want non-members partaking in the Communion and I also don't like it when they say it means nothing if your not a member.

Communion is something that is symbolic and by partaking of it, you are remembering what Christ did, who he is and who you are. Where does the Priest fit in that? Where does being a member fit in that? You can do it yourself, really.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I think that your own mindset here is the right one. Whatever you do that concerns God is between he and you. I don't like it in some Churches how they don't want non-members partaking in the Communion and I also don't like it when they say it means nothing if your not a member.

Communion is something that is symbolic and by partaking of it, you are remembering what Christ did, who he is and who you are. Where does the Priest fit in that? Where does being a member fit in that? You can do it yourself, really.
the answer to that lies in the origin of that

Do you know, half the Priests I spoke to who are against Women in Ministry...are NOT against them for the reason everyone thinks. Most people believe its because their are few women in power and the pauline texts would hint that women, where possible, should avoid leadership, or defer to men. But many priests show their real reason for being against Women in leadership by their actions during the Eucharist. They refuse to recevie...simply because they do not believe that GOD can work a sacrement through a woman...that means two things, firstly, women shouldnt be leaders...and secondly, something happens during a Male orientated Eucharist that is lacking in the feminine.

This happening, was the VERY reason for centuries people were NOT allowed to take communion, and is still way if you are not a confirmed member, you shouldnt be receiving. The theory goes that the Communion is a Sacrement...the following of the ritual is symbolic. This makes the Eucharist only half an act of remembrance...and it makes it half, REAL. The term the Roman Church uses is Transubstantiation...and THATS what they believe a woman cant do. She cant turn the articals of remembrance, into the real thing.

There is one good reason alone why we should believe in Transubstantiation...not because it sounds foolish or unbelievable...but because the enemy believes it. How do we know the enemy believes it? because they try to steal the reserve sacrement. Why would the enemy try to steal bits of waffer...if they didnt think that the act of Celebration had changed them in some way?? Thats near on the only reason why I am open minded on the subject and have not made my mind up which I think...but it is also why the peace, and the absolution are so important...Why would you need to make peace with your enemies...if you are only doing an act of remembrance.

The important thing to note however...is not even if the bread and wine change or not...its that the ONLY method through which they can change is by GOD...the Male Priest doesnt transform the act into reality...GOD does...therefore its open to debate as to weather GOD will work through a woman in that way or not. I think there is also evidence to say that GOD removes gifts he bestows on people if the missuse them...my verdict?

Communion is probably more then an act of remembrance, but whatever happens to the bread and wine is beyond the control of the Celebrant...I reckon sometimes it changes...and sometimes it doesnt. I think GOD decides on a case by case basis...which means sometimes Women perform the mass and transubstantiation occures...and sometimes a male does, and its nothing more then an act of remembrance...I believe its deliberatley vague for this purpose.

I also think its largely dependant on the individual receiving, and what their level of faith is. Do they believe they are doing a ritual remembrance act? then, that is what it will be for them, and may they find peace. Do they believe they will litterally, and very really find a communion with GOD? then one day he might litterally jump out of the ceremony and scare the shyte out of them I mean that....Christians have a warpped ideal of things like this...they dont realize their place in the universe and what communion with someone a little more perfect then them actually entails...thats why Jesus commands you to pray for your enemies...Revelation is the Kingdoms biggest secret weapon...you pray a blessing on your enemy...and what do you think he will feel when that blessing arrives? When his eyes are open and he sees the might and wrath and glory of something that he didnt think existed, and someone who is pretty pissed at him. You think revival is a nice experience? a jolly experience?

When revival last hit a town in the north of England, people in the streets around where the churches were praying for it, normal, everyday people, reported seeing Hell open beneith their feet, and they were left clinging to lamp-posts, and curled up in little balls by the curbside. Because when GOD lets an unrepentant sinner know his place in the universe, it sucks eggs to be human at that point. There are members on this forum, those who believe in the myth of redemptive violence, who would do well to remember that the terror GOD can bring to your enemy, is far greater and far more horrific then your personal vengance.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Methodists let everyone in the congregation take communion if they choose to. It's not reserved for a select few or for "members" only.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Rochambeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
the answer to that lies in the origin of that

Do you know, half the Priests I spoke to who are against Women in Ministry...are NOT against them for the reason everyone thinks. Most people believe its because their are few women in power and the pauline texts would hint that women, where possible, should avoid leadership, or defer to men. But many priests show their real reason for being against Women in leadership by their actions during the Eucharist. They refuse to recevie...simply because they do not believe that GOD can work a sacrement through a woman...that means two things, firstly, women shouldnt be leaders...and secondly, something happens during a Male orientated Eucharist that is lacking in the feminine.

This happening, was the VERY reason for centuries people were NOT allowed to take communion, and is still way if you are not a confirmed member, you shouldnt be receiving. The theory goes that the Communion is a Sacrement...the following of the ritual is symbolic. This makes the Eucharist only half an act of remembrance...and it makes it half, REAL. The term the Roman Church uses is Transubstantiation...and THATS what they believe a woman cant do. She cant turn the articals of remembrance, into the real thing.

There is one good reason alone why we should believe in Transubstantiation...not because it sounds foolish or unbelievable...but because the enemy believes it. How do we know the enemy believes it? because they try to steal the reserve sacrement. Why would the enemy try to steal bits of waffer...if they didnt think that the act of Celebration had changed them in some way?? Thats near on the only reason why I am open minded on the subject and have not made my mind up which I think...but it is also why the peace, and the absolution are so important...Why would you need to make peace with your enemies...if you are only doing an act of remembrance.

The important thing to note however...is not even if the bread and wine change or not...its that the ONLY method through which they can change is by GOD...the Male Priest doesnt transform the act into reality...GOD does...therefore its open to debate as to weather GOD will work through a woman in that way or not. I think there is also evidence to say that GOD removes gifts he bestows on people if the missuse them...my verdict?

Communion is probably more then an act of remembrance, but whatever happens to the bread and wine is beyond the control of the Celebrant...I reckon sometimes it changes...and sometimes it doesnt. I think GOD decides on a case by case basis...which means sometimes Women perform the mass and transubstantiation occures...and sometimes a male does, and its nothing more then an act of remembrance...I believe its deliberatley vague for this purpose.

I also think its largely dependant on the individual receiving, and what their level of faith is. Do they believe they are doing a ritual remembrance act? then, that is what it will be for them, and may they find peace. Do they believe they will litterally, and very really find a communion with GOD? then one day he might litterally jump out of the ceremony and scare the shyte out of them I mean that....Christians have a warpped ideal of things like this...they dont realize their place in the universe and what communion with someone a little more perfect then them actually entails...thats why Jesus commands you to pray for your enemies...Revelation is the Kingdoms biggest secret weapon...you pray a blessing on your enemy...and what do you think he will feel when that blessing arrives? When his eyes are open and he sees the might and wrath and glory of something that he didnt think existed, and someone who is pretty pissed at him. You think revival is a nice experience? a jolly experience?

When revival last hit a town in the north of England, people in the streets around where the churches were praying for it, normal, everyday people, reported seeing Hell open beneith their feet, and they were left clinging to lamp-posts, and curled up in little balls by the curbside. Because when GOD lets an unrepentant sinner know his place in the universe, it sucks eggs to be human at that point. There are members on this forum, those who believe in the myth of redemptive violence, who would do well to remember that the terror GOD can bring to your enemy, is far greater and far more horrific then your personal vengance.
I'm not Catholic. I respect your thoughts, but so much of it I just don't think about nor believe.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I'm not Catholic. I respect your thoughts, but so much of it I just don't think about nor believe.
well I'm not Catholic either...but I thought I'd answer your question