Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Lot's of guys have a late start with puberty.

I'm sure Chael will have a great explanation.
If he's smart (which is highly questionable given this news), he'll tell the truth and then shut up and go get his act together.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:59 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Dana spiked his urine just in case he did win.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:01 PM

Wow, I'm pretty much speechless except to say I also doubt this news will shut him up...

He had to have known this would happen, WTH?!?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Dana spiked his urine just in case he did win.
I am pretty sure if Dana had a horse in that race his name was Chael Sonnen.

A trash talking American sells more than a humble Brazillian.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The Question you have to ask yourself is...

"Can we trust ANYTHING the California State Athletic Commission says"

If you didnt believe Sean Sherk, then the axeing of Armando Garcia for conduct unbecoming, has to basically be seen as the inability of that SAC to do its job impartially.

With Anderson Silva being a top draw, and Chael Sonnen the most arogant of smack talkers...

Maybe he took steroids, maybe he didnt...in California they all tend to get a free pass from me, because I cant have faith in that institutions credability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hUejjgyk1g (lest we forget)
CSAC catches a lot of people for using banned substances, and the lab that caught Sherk is the leading diagnostic and testing lab in the country. Armando Garcia and his conduct with an office assistant has no bearing on the handling of a drug test. People who think Garcia was biased are typically MMA fans who think all the guys who come over from boxing don't like MMA. Was he perfect? No, but all commissions have problems.

The Nick Diaz situation was all Nick's own fault. Nick likes to make it public that he smokes pot, so any stigma that he gets from that is his own doing. Just because people can get it legally in California doesn't mean it's cut and dry and Nick Diaz NEEDS marijuana. Lots of people find ways to get their hands on it legally, but that doesn't mean jack squat when it comes to the rules of the commission. There are lots of drugs that doctors prescribe, but it doesn't mean you can get a fighters license when using them. Nick failed to get the proper paperwork filed in a timely manner, so he wasn't granted a license. It had nothing to do with a bias against MMA.

Last edited by J.B.; 09-19-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Maybe somebody should give Chael a call so we can get this all sorted out...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Maldonado136

this doesn't mean his career is over though unless the steroids is what made him do so well against okami and marquardt and silva (which is quite likely haha). what I'm trying to say is that marquardt took peds before and even punched almeida after he got submitted in their fight but he was able to bounce back and win over fans.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
this doesn't mean his career is over though unless the steroids is what made him do so well against okami and marquardt and silva (which is quite likely haha). what I'm trying to say is that marquardt took peds before and even punched almeida after he got submitted in their fight but he was able to bounce back and win over fans.
That's true, but as much smack as he's talked, I don't think people are going to let this die down so easily. What's a shame is he's completely negated what happened in that fight and tarnished past fights with a big ? about whether he was using then and just didn't get caught.

Btw, do they test every fighter before/after every fight? "Cause if he did use before the Marquardt fight, wouldn't they have caught it?

When a fighter does this, to me, it taints everything; unfortunately even fights they may have won on the up and up.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Btw, do they test every fighter before/after every fight? "Cause if he did use before the Marquardt fight, wouldn't they have caught it?
Yes they do test before and after, and no they wouldn't have definitely caught it.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
CSAC catches a lot of people for using banned substances, and the lab that caught Sherk is the leading diagnostic and testing lab in the country. Armando Garcia and his conduct with an office assistant has no bearing on the handling of a drug test. People who think Garcia was biased are typically MMA fans who think all the guys who come over from boxing don't like MMA. Was he perfect? No, but all commissions have problems.

The Nick Diaz situation was all Nick's own fault. Nick likes to make it public that he smokes pot, so any stigma that he gets from that is his own doing. Just because people can get it legally in California doesn't mean it's cut and dry and Nick Diaz NEEDS marijuana. Lots of people find ways to get their hands on it legally, but that doesn't mean jack squat when it comes to the rules of the commission. There are lots of drugs that doctors prescribe, but it doesn't mean you can get a fighters license when using them. Nick failed to get the proper paperwork filed in a timely manner, so he wasn't granted a license. It had nothing to do with a bias against MMA.
Really? I think Sherk claimed the chain of custody involved in his sample was broken leading to tampering and thus a false result. Thats pretty damming for both a SAC, and the "leading diagnostic and testing lab" in your country.

And Armando Garcia lied about what happened with Nick Diaz. The paperwork was filled in well before it was supposed to be, if he lost control of the forms (again, a chain of custody issue) then the fault lies with him.

Armando Garcias conduct unbecoming just makes the whole situation look even worse doesnt it.

Your right, all Comissions have issues...but California has more then most. I dont know if Chael took drugs...I wouldnt be suprised. BUT...with this coming from the CSAC...I cant trust them either...for all we know, they didnt look after the samples yet again.