Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 PM
billwilliams70

I think that his talk is entertaining, but it's ran it's course. Sure, he beat Silva up for four and half rounds, but how'd the fight end? Riddle me that "War Chael" folks......how did the fight end? It doesn't matter what you do if you can't finish it. Just ask BJ Penn (RE Hughes V Penn II).

I do think that he runs his mouth too much about stuff that doesn't even pertain to him, but oh well, it puts butts in the seats and cash in someone's pocket.

Later.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Chael is a genius...he gets press MORE and MORE because of this...and it is EXACTLY what he wants.

Chael has marketed himself smartly...he isn't trying to be another Matt Hughes, Randy C, or Franklin....he is one of a kind, and he seems to draw more interest than almost anyone in the UFC and probably most of the UFC combined bc he is smart. His ability to deconstruct Anderson inside and outside the cage was genius and I feel for his next opponent
Yeah, poor Anderson.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I think that his talk is entertaining, but it's ran it's course. Sure, he beat Silva up for four and half rounds, but how'd the fight end? Riddle me that "War Chael" folks......how did the fight end? It doesn't matter what you do if you can't finish it. Just ask BJ Penn (RE Hughes V Penn II).

I do think that he runs his mouth too much about stuff that doesn't even pertain to him, but oh well, it puts butts in the seats and cash in someone's pocket.

Later.
That was a hard pill to swallow, I won't lie.

He's definitely never at a loss for words.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Chael is a genius...he gets press MORE and MORE because of this...and it is EXACTLY what he wants.

Chael has marketed himself smartly...he isn't trying to be another Matt Hughes, Randy C, or Franklin....he is one of a kind, and he seems to draw more interest than almost anyone in the UFC and probably most of the UFC combined bc he is smart. His ability to deconstruct Anderson inside and outside the cage was genius and I feel for his next opponent
when you call out guys from fw up to hw, no one takes you seriously .. he knows that all he has is his mouth ... he is gonna lose again to anderson and than what? go down and get whooped by GSP or go up and get whooped by shogun or anyone else ...
Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
when you call out guys from fw up to hw, no one takes you seriously .. he knows that all he has is his mouth ... he is gonna lose again to anderson and than what? go down and get whooped by GSP or go up and get whooped by shogun or anyone else ...
Bollocks! Who wouldn't take Chael seriously after he schooled Anderson Silva? He destroyed Silva, Nate the Great too...no one takes him seriously...what are you drinking up there in Canada??

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 PM

Molsons.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Bollocks! Who wouldn't take Chael seriously after he schooled Anderson Silva? He destroyed Silva, Nate the Great too...no one takes him seriously...what are you drinking up there in Canada??
I agree Vizion people are just HATING
Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree Vizion people are just HATING
The same people who spew their disdain for Chael are laughing every time he speaks...the guy is stand up comedy material all the way to the bank.

What Chael said about Anderson being a sham is 100% true and I have been saying the same thing for years. So the guy is brilliant and funny....how many other UFC fighters can even compare??

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post

Later.
Agreed, Sonnen has shat BJJ defence, but it DOES matter what happened.
Sonnen worked Anderson for over 20 minutes,
he lost a LOT of mystique, and that has to be mentally damaged,
and it has to give future opponents much more hope and confidence.

SO, although the end outcome is all that matters in some sense,
how the fight went has a LOT to do with it as well.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
i am not talking about his fighting ... i am talking about his trash talking ... like he would smack brock around?? or thinking that gsp is scared of him ... he is doing it for the attention and goes so far overboard that no body takes him seriously .. and we got plenty of good stuff to drink up here in Canada