Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I am hoping that Koz pulls off a win and the end of TUF.. and then we get to watch use "brillo head" to clean the mats on his way to a title fight again...
My little sister used to call him "popcorn ball head"

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-16-2010, 01:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
A scrub who beat him TWICE in 37 seconds TOTAL.

Is this incorrect? Didn't think so.

And I'd still rather see him face Kos, Karo or Diego over Hallman...but BJ...meh, been there, done that. But I guess it's signed, so WAR HUGHES
It may be "been there done that", but it's still a much more interesting matchup than Hughes vs Hallman.

Yes, everybody on this site is aware that Dennis Hallman beat Matt Hughes twice, and everybody would be more than happy to watch Matt beat him, but honestly nobody cares about seeing that fight because it offers absolutely no upside. The Hallman victories over Hughes were 10 and 12 years ago, and since then Hallman has faded into obscurity. He dropped down in weight and lost to Pulver then went on to fight B and C-level competition while Hughes has consistently fought some of the best competition in the world.

For Matt to chase after another fight with Hallman would be like saying he needs that victory to validate his career and that is total nonsense. If the Hallman fight happens, it happens, but I don't care if we see it or not and even if Matt came out and totally outclassed Hallman it wouldn't prove anything. Fans/analysts would bring up the fact that Hallman beat him twice and just say that's what we expected Hughes to do at this point, and Matt wouldn't get proper credit for beating a guy who has submitted 33 people in his career. Or, if Hughes lost, the same idiots would be tearing him down and saying he could never get over the hump of a B-level guy like Dennis Hallman. So, really, there is zero upside to a fight with Hallman.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:54 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
nobody cares about seeing that fight because it offers absolutely no upside.
Nobody cares?

Quote:
Hallman has faded into obscurity
Then why is he back in the UFC? Obviously he was brought back...for a reason.

Quote:
For Matt to chase after another fight with Hallman would be like saying he needs that victory to validate his career and that is total nonsense.
I don't think Matt should chase him down...I wonder if Dana will make a reason for this match up post Karo results however.

Quote:
If the Hallman fight happens, it happens, but I don't care if we see it or not and even if Matt came out and totally outclassed Hallman it wouldn't prove anything. Fans/analysts would bring up the fact that Hallman beat him twice and just say that's what we expected Hughes to do at this point, and Matt wouldn't get proper credit for beating a guy who has submitted 33 people in his career. Or, if Hughes lost, the same idiots would be tearing him down and saying he could never get over the hump of a B-level guy like Dennis Hallman. So, really, there is zero upside to a fight with Hallman.
You have a good point...but I'm not sure it won't happen just because you think that. I guess I am the only member of this site that wants to see Matt get revenge

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Rochambeau

I want to see him fight Hallman again.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:32 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Nobody cares?

I don't think Matt should chase him down...I wonder if Dana will make a reason for this match up post Karo results however.

You have a good point...but I'm not sure it won't happen just because you think that. I guess I am the only member of this site that wants to see Matt get revenge
Well, the running argument is that the UFC is trying to put together a Matt Hughes retirement tour, and obviously a match against Hallman would fit nicely into that equation, but I don't see that as being the whole story. Hallman had a nice little 4 fight win streak there, and rumor is he was even the masked man who tried to get on TUF. He fought on the Roy Jones Jr hybrid Boxing/MMA card with Roy Nelson and he fought for Strikeforce a couple times, so his name was starting to get some print again, and it's easy to see why the UFC would throw him a deal and see how he fares in a few fights, then feed him to Hughes if it all managed to pan out that way. I think the UFC is just trying to cover all it's bases rather that actively trying to see Hughes get a win over a guy who beat him over a decade ago.

Obviously, what I THINK will happen has no bearing on what actually does happen in the UFC, but it's about logic. For Matt, I see no upside in the Hallman fight, and winning one fight against Hallman 10 years removed is hardly settling the score.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 AM
atomdanger

Quote:

To be honest i have NO CLUE why they brought him back.
His wins before coming back to the UFC were (In order)
A guy who was 2 - 2 in his last 4 and you've never heard of(davis)
a guy who was on a 2 fight losing streak(ruiz)
another guy coming off a loss (metcalf)
and a guy with 3 pro fights coming off 2 losses in a row (Knight).
lastly a guy who had 1 pro fight.

Thats it.. since 2006.
He has literally done nothing to earn a spot in the UFC IMO.
I honestly think much like Baroni, they signed him to take a guy from Strikeforce.