Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
I I thought it was awesome when GSP took BJ's Pride and arrogance in round 3 and 4.
I thought that was awesome too!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 PM
BamaGrits84

What about hunting season? Can we get someone from the camp to comment? nater? boomer? mark? matt himself?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Once this fight becomes official its gonna gain a massive amount of attention. I have a feeling its going to take over this board very quickly. I also have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of Penn defending (as I may be the only pro-Penn person on this board when the fight goes down)
defend what? the fact that he has lost his last two fights? the fact that although he is a prodigy in bjj, he is not an mma prodigy? the fact that whenever he is fighting, people have to preface their thoughts on whether an "in-shape, focussed" bj shows up? if there are so many things to defend, then maybe he was never that great in the first place ..
Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Maldonado136

http://insider.mmaweekly.com/bj-penn...ouldnt-refuse/

Penn confirms his move back to 170. He says he was offered a fight he couldn't refuse. So a fight he couldn't refuse that isn't against GSP......
Old 09-14-2010, 09:52 PM

I I thought it was awesome when GSP took BJ's Pride and arrogance in round 3 and 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
I thought that was awesome too!
So did I
Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Silverback

Poor Poor BJ going to lose again.War Hughes
Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 AM
bradwright

after losing 2 in a row you would think BJ would look for a fight he could actually win for his next one....all i can say is it looks to me like BJ is really really mad at himself for losing those two fights and is going to teach himself a lesson by taking a sound beating at the hands of Mr. Hughes...its kinda along the same lines as banging your head against the wall but this way he wont look quite as stupid when he winds up unconscious on the floor.

i can hardly wait.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:25 AM
sender

MANNNNNNNN Good fight for Hughes! What do they do with Matt after this though? Tough fight after tough fight. You would think title? But him and GSP already fought 3 times :S Maybe move to 185 for a fight?
Old 09-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Max

Quote:
BJ's takedown defense isn't what it used to be, especially against guys that can throw punches and score takedowns.
can I ask what this is based on?? Diego could not take BJ down, Kenny could not do it, Edgar had a hard time doing it in the first fight and BJ held GSP to his lowest takedown % in a fight where GSP tries more than 2 takedowns. Just because Edgar gave BJ problems does not mean other fighters will. Very few fighters have the speed to do to BJ what Edgar did and very few fighters have the skill to do to BJ what GSP did.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
can I ask what this is based on?? Diego could not take BJ down, Kenny could not do it, Edgar had a hard time doing it in the first fight and BJ held GSP to his lowest takedown % in a fight where GSP tries more than 2 takedowns. Just because Edgar gave BJ problems does not mean other fighters will. Very few fighters have the speed to do to BJ what Edgar did and very few fighters have the skill to do to BJ what GSP did.
Edgar took Bj down like 5 times in the last fight.... He didnt really even struggle for them either.. This is a 145 pounder who matt veach was throwing around and out wrestling before getting tagged with a combination.