Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I hope it is a rumor. I'm not getting why people are excited at the thought of Matt fighting BJ again.

I don't want to see BJ come to 170 again anyways.
Obviously it's not "official" until they announce it, but I don't think this is just a rumor.

I think this fight is exciting and a huge draw. I've been all about this fight since Matt beat him in 2006.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Obviously it's not "official" until they announce it, but I don't think this is just a rumor.

I think this fight is exciting and a huge draw. I've been all about this fight since Matt beat him in 2006.
Yeah, I did note the "not official" in Nate's post which would suggest that it's not a rumor. I can see where it would be a draw, but I'm just not excited about it. I'm sure I'll muster up some excitement....

Eventually....once it's official.

But right now I'm feeling kinda Eeyorish about it.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
I hope it is a rumor. I'm not getting why people are excited at the thought of Matt fighting BJ again.

I don't want to see BJ come to 170 again anyways.
Because everyone is excited to see BJ get KTFO! ( even his fans)
And what better person to do that than !!!! SIR MATT HUGHES !!!

I hope he gets him via Crucifix or Farm boy Choke Hold ( the choke from the Almeida fight )
Old 09-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Max

Quote:
Yeah, I did note the "not official" in Nate's post which would suggest that it's not a rumor. I can see where it would be a draw, but I'm just not excited about it. I'm sure I'll muster up some excitement....

Eventually....once it's official.

But right now I'm feeling kinda Eeyorish about it.

Once this fight becomes official its gonna gain a massive amount of attention. I have a feeling its going to take over this board very quickly. I also have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of Penn defending (as I may be the only pro-Penn person on this board when the fight goes down)
Old 09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Once this fight becomes official its gonna gain a massive amount of attention. I have a feeling its going to take over this board very quickly. I also have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of Penn defending (as I may be the only pro-Penn person on this board when the fight goes down)
I'm just gonna get this clarification out of the way eral quick: who would you be rooting for?

I figure you need to answer here & now, then put that response in your sig as evidence for when the debates start getting heated!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
pistol-pete

It is really to bad that this isn't a 5 round fight, where Hughes could take Penn into the championship rounds and wear him down and totally take all the fight out of BJ Penn. I thought it was awesome when GSP took BJ's Pride and arrogance in round 3 and 4.

I also think that GSP wrote the hand book in defeating BJ Penn at 170. Keep Penn holding your weight up against the fence, wear him down and then slam him down. BJ's takedown defense isn't what it used to be, especially against guys that can throw punches and score takedowns. Hughes' striking is 100% improved since their 2nd fight, and BJ is going to have to be aware of it and not just scramble out of takedowns. Also Hughes' greco seems to have gotten much better as well, take BJ down without having to tangle with those flexible weirdly jointed legs seems like a plus.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
rearnakedchoke

this is bad news for BJ ... three losses in a row .... i know he will never get cut from the UFC, but what does he do when he loses? LOL
Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Matt Hughes fighting in November!

Anyone else think Bambi bribed Dana into calling Matt back in?
Old 09-14-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
So you're actually going to be rooting for BJ in his fight against Matt....on here. My crystal ball is forecasting a major ruckus.

Get ready to R-U-M-B-L-E!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
This is gonna be the best fights we've seen in the Palace since Ron Artest beat up those fans.

Later.