Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Oh JB, I'm so sorry. I'll add your family to my prayers as long as you need them.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 PM
surveyorshawn

Will do man!!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:57 PM
cubsfan47

On my list.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:22 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Thank you everyone!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:23 PM
hughesfan4life

sorry to hear your news jb.you and yours are definately in my thoughts and prayers.god bless and keep us posted.claire
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Brothers and sisters, I come today asking for your prayers in a dark time for my family.

My father was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. At first they thought it was in the esophagus and they had a plan of attack that seemed likely to clean it up within 5-6 months. Then today, they had to do surgery to place a feeding tube in him when they found that the cancer was actually much larger than anticipated and has spread to his stomach. The doctors now say his chances of survival are around 30%.

So I ask that you would please keep him and my brother and sister in your prayers. They are very young, and they don't understand all of what is happening.
*hug*
Old 09-12-2010, 04:03 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Thanks again to everyone.

He is getting fed through the tube today so he can actually start getting some nourishment. He is in a lot of pain but feeling better now that he is getting something in his system. I know we are gonna fight through this, and all I'm worried about is sitting with him tomorrow and watching our Cardinals beat the Rams...
Old 09-12-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Thanks again to everyone.

He is getting fed through the tube today so he can actually start getting some nourishment. He is in a lot of pain but feeling better now that he is getting something in his system. I know we are gonna fight through this, and all I'm worried about is sitting with him tomorrow and watching our Cardinals beat the Rams...

Oh, and go Cardinals!

(...for now )

Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Oh, and go Cardinals!

(...for now )

Old 08-08-2011, 11:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I know I didn't keep up with this thread like I should have in the last year, but I've talked to most of you in private over this time, so most of you know what's been going on. I was really wrapped up in some relationship issues and other stuff over the last 7 months so I've kinda become less involved in posting in general.

My dad had surgery to remove what cancer was left after chemo back in January, and for a while things were going really good. He took a trip back to Chicago to visit with family and actually saw my mom for the first time in over 20 years. Then he went to Tennessee and visited my Grandma (his mom) who is 89 years old. While he was in Tennessee I could tell he was starting to feel sick again when I would talk to him, and since he returned back to Arizona a few weeks ago, he's gradually been declining in health. Today he returned to the hospital and the doctors informed us that Cancer had returned and spread across his stomach, and that we have basically reached the end of the road. They are going to be moving him into hospice in the next few days.

I want to thank all my forum friends who read this thread and said prayers, because I'm not sure he would have even had the small amount of quality time he's had the last year without all the prayers and support of friends and family.

I would appreciate it if you could all keep my step-mom, and my 11 year old brother, and 10 year old sister in your prayers right now. She works long hard hours for the post-office everyday in this Phoenix heat and has to juggle this on top of taking care of the kids, and also her own mother who lives with them. Then of course, there are the kids. None of us are exactly sure how to explain this to them right now.