Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

The plot thickens...CJ Watson denies having a relationship with Josie...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30935
Old 09-17-2010, 01:24 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Floyd was officially charged today on the domestic violence allegations. This could be the start of a long, slow, fall from grace for Mayweather, because by the looks of things I don't see how he gets out of this without jail time. However, the legal system can be surprising. I don't think Floyd will get 34 years as some reports are suggesting that is the maximum he is facing, but it's very possible that he gets something.

It certainly is a sad day for the sport of Boxing, and as longtime fan and supporter of Floyd I must say I am extremely disappointed in him.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

He should have stopped acting like a thug,
Old 09-17-2010, 03:24 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
He should have stopped acting like a thug,
I don't get why he would roll back up like that after all ready dealing with the cops once that night. He had to know at that point that no good could come of going back to the house, and it's clear that he is surrounded by "yes men" like every other celebrity with a ton of money.

To my knowledge he rarely drinks, if he drinks at all, so I don't think he was drunk. He has two kids with Josie, so they will always be attached to each other in that respect, but obviously he was pissed off enough to come back and continue fighting. I'm not defending any of the allegations against Floyd, not at all, just trying to speculate on what could have caused it all, because there is always two sides to these stories. Maybe Floyd didn't think they were actually separated because they were still seeing each other on the side (they have been off and on for 15 years), and he got jealous? Who knows? I guess we will find out.

Either way, sucks for Boxing right now...but I'm still excited for some of the upcoming match-ups the rest of this year.

Last edited by J.B.; 09-17-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

What an idiot, skipping his hearing! Things aren't looking too good for Floyd...

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...0910?GT1=39002
Quote:
Court orders Mayweather to stay away from sons

Updated Nov 9, 2010 3:04 PM ET

LAS VEGAS (AP)
A Las Vegas court has ordered boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. to stay away from his former girlfriend and their two sons after prosecutors say he hit her and threatened to beat his children if they called 911.

Mayweather skipped a hearing Tuesday before Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Diana Sullivan on eight misdemeanor and felony charges. Sullivan gave Mayweather a week to pay $31,000 in bail.

Authorities allege Mayweather took mobile phones belonging to Josie Harris and their sons following the Sept. 9 dispute.

Mayweather faces charges of felony coercion, grand larceny and robbery, and misdemeanor domestic battery and harassment.

He could face up to 34 years in prison if convicted on all charges. He is due back in court Jan. 24.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I love how the media sensationalizes things...

Yesterday the ESPN headline on my phone says "Floyd Mayweather Skips Court"...

Of course what a lot of people fail to mention is that he wasn't required to appear at this hearing. His day in court comes in January, and of course the judge will order he stays away from them until it's all sorted out or whatever the court sees fit, that just makes sense.

Manny fights this Saturday and they still gotta print every minute detail that pertains to Floyd. Give it a rest for a bit, there will be plenty to talk about with Floyd in 2011 weather it's another fight in a ring or a prison cell. To which I would still be willing to lean towards the former of those two, more so than the latter.