Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 09-11-2010, 02:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
On the real, you know he's messing up bad when Kevin Iole and Ross Greenburg are bashing him.
Those guys take their shots at Floyd as much as anybody, and this isn't as bad as people are making it seem, but it's still bad.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:13 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

That face says it all...

"Yeah, I'm in jail for stealing an iphone that I bought"
Old 09-11-2010, 03:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

For real, no matter what comes of this or what he did or didn't do, Floyd needs to get his act together.

If he would have just stayed the course and focused on his next fight after the Mosley fight, he wouldn't have time to be getting wrapped up in this nonsense. Don't let money fool you Floyd...just like the O'Jays sang...
Old 09-11-2010, 04:08 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Wow...I find this to be a bit odd....

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s baby mama claims the boxer struck her "multiple times in the head with his fist" and then threatened to kill her ... this according to documents obtained by TMZ.

Josie Harris filed a request for a restraining order against Mayweather -- and in the docs she states that Floyd came into her Las Vegas home Thursday morning and awoke her by, "pulling me by my hair and throwing me on the ground in my living room and began punching me in my head."

She claims Floyd then began "dragging me on the floor and twisting my arm back ... in attempt to try and break it."

According to the documents, Josie claims Floyd "continued to beat me in front of [the couple's three children].

Josie claims that Floyd threatened the children -- saying if they "ran or tried to call the police he would beat them the same way."

In the docs, Josie also says Mayweather "yelled and screamed that he was going to kill me and my boyfriend and make sure we are taken care of."
So, Floyd dragged her by her hair, punched her several times in the head, and put her in a kimura, and then threatened to do the same to the kids if they ran or called the cops...

Yet there isn't enough evidence to charge him with domestic assault?

I have a hard time believing all this given the circumstances with Josie Harris, and especially the part about threatening his own kids.

However, I will go on record and say that if this is true, there is only one solution....

Old 09-11-2010, 06:34 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

That face says it all...

"Yeah, I'm in jail for stealing an iphone that I bought"
LOL, that's what I was thinking too.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Wow...I find this to be a bit odd....

So, Floyd dragged her by her hair, punched her several times in the head, and put her in a kimura, and then threatened to do the same to the kids if they ran or called the cops...

Yet there isn't enough evidence to charge him with domestic assault?

I have a hard time believing all this given the circumstances with Josie Harris, and especially the part about threatening his own kids.

However, I will go on record and say that if this is true, there is only one solution....

LOL, awesome!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:30 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Bad bad news for Mayweather. This time, one of his sons spoke that his father (Mayweather) punched his mother and details emerged about Josie's hospital visit. This will be a slam dunk case for prosecutors.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...-arrest-091310

Quote:
Cops release report for Mayweather arrest

Updated Sep 13, 2010 10:38 PM ET

LAS VEGAS (AP)
The son of Floyd Mayweather Jr. told police he saw the boxing champion beat his mother last week as the two argued over her new boyfriend, FOX5 reported Monday.

A Las Vegas Police arrest report on the incident says Mayweather fought with 30-year-old Josie Harris after she returned from a Thursday night out and he began questioning her about a new relationship.

“Are you having sex with CJ?” she quoted him in the report, reportedly a reference to Chicago Bulls guard CJ Watson.

After telling him "yes," Harris said Mayweather grabbed her by her hair and repeatedly punched her in the back of her head.

The report says Mayweather threatened Harris, saying, “I’m going to kill you and the man you are messing around with.”

The couple's 10-year-old son told police he saw his dad "on his mother and was hitting and kicking her," according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Police say Mayweather threatened to beat the children if they left the house or called police. Harris was later treated at Southern Hills Hospital for what police said were injuries to her face and arm.

Mayweather, who owns the Las Vegas house where Harris stays with their three children, was charged with grand larceny because he is suspected of taking Harris’ iPhone following the argument. Detectives also recommended the Clark County District Attorney’s Office file a charge of battery domestic violence. A decision on the charge has not been made.

Mayweather surrendered to authorities Friday and was released a short time later on $3,000 bail pending a Nov. 9 appearance in Las Vegas Justice Court.

Mayweather is one of the sport's most recognizable figures, with a record of 41-0 and 25 knockouts. He goes by the nickname ''Money'' and earned more than $20 million in May from his fight in Las Vegas against ''Sugar'' Shane Mosley. Last week the 33-year-old made headlines for a racially-charged video that criticized rival Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather later apologized.

Mayweather's lawyer, Richard Wright, was out of town Monday and unavailable for comment. On Friday, Wright acknowledged the criminal charge stemming from an allegation that Harris' iPhone was missing. He denied wrongdoing on Mayweather's behalf.

The value of the phone was put at about $322, meaning that Mayweather could face up to five years in state prison if he is convicted of taking items valued at less than $2,500.

Mayweather and Harris had three children together during what Harris characterized for authorities as a 15-year ''on and off'' relationship. She said they lived together for seven years before separating in May.

Police said Mayweather wanted to evict Harris from the house.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

The police report says they are still considering weather to file charges for domestic assault or not. If she is clearly injured and they have a witness, I don't see what the problem is?

The police report also tells the details that Josie gave of him coming to the house earlier in the night and her calling the cops asking for him to leave. She said he didn't assault her at the time, but Mayweather told the cops he wanted her and her friend evicted because he owns the house. Floyd left the house and came back later which is when this incident happened.

Sounds like these two have just been nothing but drama for 15 years. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Is all the drama really worth it if this is what it comes too Floyd?

Oh, and CJ WATSON? That dude is a friggin D-LEAGUER!!! No wonder Floyd is so pissed.... JK though, in all seriousness if Floyd don't get a grip he is liable to permanently tarnish his reputation to a point that he may not get another break. History would probably tell you that I'm wrong, but as longtime fan of the sport and of Floyd, I think he's walking a thin line right now.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing about CJ Watson. Floyd has made a career on bad publicity, but this definitely is not what he wants.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing about CJ Watson. Floyd has made a career on bad publicity, but this definitely is not what he wants.
I would say he's made his career lucrative in the second half by stepping up the amount of flash and hype. Which I understand and appreciate from the business side of the sport. It's obviously made him controversial, but not really like this. Of course, I've never claimed Floyd was an angel either. He has had his share of run ins with the law over stupid crap, but when you couple the timing of this situation with all the details allegedly surrounding what happened, it's bad for Floyd Mayweather.

Kinda just gotta wait and see what happens from here. It's a sad situation all around, especially when kids are involved, and thats the worst part. However from the aspect of the sport of Boxing, this has potential to really suck in the short term, but in the long term it's just a part of another chapter in the rocky PR history of the sport.

Another thing that has me cracking up is over on BS there are like a million threads on this right now, and there are a bunch people bashing Mayweather but they have Mike Tyson in their avatar...