Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Vegas Police Looking for Floyd Mayweahter Jr.

Bad news bears . . .

Quote:
LAS VEGAS -- Las Vegas police say they're seeking boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. for questioning about a domestic battery complaint by his ex-girlfriend.

Officer Barbara Morgan says detectives want to get Mayweather's account of what happened before deciding whether he will face a criminal battery domestic violence charge.

Morgan says the 33-year-old Mayweather wasn't at a southwest Las Vegas house when officers responded to the woman's complaint a little after 5 a.m. Thursday.

Morgan says the woman alleges Mayweather hit her during an argument. Morgan didn't identify the woman by name.

Officer Bill Cassell says the woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries that were not described as serious.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...=ESPNHeadlines
Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 PM
BamaGrits84

Hum...him & Tito need to start a club.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

The girl is Josie Harris. The same girl who called the cops on Floyd years ago and then admitted she lied because she was mad at Floyd for seeing another woman.

I'll wait until something official is released before jumping to conclusions.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Here are some tweets from 50 Cent...

Quote:

# Another case of angry baby mama wanting money. Police are looking for @FloydMayweather. I just got off the phone with him about 1 hour ago via ÜberTwitter

# She's claiming he hit her but has no bruises. Floyd went to see his kids last night if a fighter of floyd caliber hits u, u would b bruised 43 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# I talked to him before and after the situation he wasnt even upset.He said he asked her why was the house so dirty she started trippin 16 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# He bought nice clothes for his kids they were all over the place.His baby moma said shes not gonna force them to wear clothes they dont want 8 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# I told him that's crazy. I know how he felt. I met her before so I told him she would calm down. Can't believe she called the cops 3 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# She has a girlfriend that stays in the guesthouse that floyd is paying for her as child support that is helping fuel the situation less than 10 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter
Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 PM
matthughesfan21

Old 09-10-2010, 05:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

More tweets from Mr. Cent.

Quote:
# I speak to floyd every day he like my brother his babys mother did this **** befor in 2003 dragged him to court then said he didn't hit her less than 5 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter

# This **** really scares me man. she's a smart girl I talk to her a few times. I hope she just stops my stomach hurting behind this **** about 4 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

# This is crazy to me. I performed in club pure on NYE in vegas I remember floyd showing me a ring he bought her for $1M. Who can u trust about 5 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

# Floyd said he feels like her girlfriend is using her and pushing her in the wrong direction about 5 hours ago via ÜberTwitter
Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

One thing is for sure in all of this, the wheels on the PR bus for Team Mayweather are gonna fall off trying to sort out this mess in the press. Weather he did anything or not, it couldn't come at a worse time for him. His redemption in the eyes of the critics was short lived after the Mosley fight, and now his last 3 major stories in the press have been very negative. First it was for holding off the fight this year, then it was the Ustream video, and now this.

It's been a rough couple of months for Floyd.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I don't believe it. Even Michael Marley is mad doggin' Josie. Besides, even if Floyd did do it, he'll pull a Michael Jackson and pay her off before she goes to court like he did in 2005. ;)

Some of the comments are funny though - "Floyd's scared to fight Pac, so he'll fight women instead."

Last edited by rockdawg21; 09-10-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Well, it appears that Floyd has been arrested for grand larceny stemming from the incident.

At first look, it sounds like the cops don't have evidence that he actually assaulted her, otherwise he would have been charged. However, it appears that he took some of "her belongings"(apparently a cell phone).

I know where Floyd is coming from with this kind of situation, but he really needs to think about how his actions can affect his career. In some ways, I am starting to see parallels to the way Floyd is being portrayed and the way Sonny Liston was perceived.

I knew this one wasn't going to turn out good.

Last edited by J.B.; 09-10-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Floyd's been accused of ducking fighters in the past, but going for a domestic violence charge to get thrown in prison takes ducking to a whole new level.

On the real, you know he's messing up bad when Kevin Iole and Ross Greenburg are bashing him.