Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-07-2010, 04:02 AM
Rochambeau

I like what he first says.

"I think that the submission got setup with.. with the hook. Which.. which my.. I could hear my corner yelling 'throw the hook'. Uhh.. They.. They've yelled it for.. for several...... seconds.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I dont want to see Matt Fight Hallman.

I want to see Matt get his Title back
Matt has a score to settle...at least he does in Dana's mind. He was beaten twice by GSP, and I think his immediate future lies in the realm of plain old good fights...like Hallman should he surpass Karo Parysian.

If he beats Hallman, he is one step closer to another title shot anyway...it'd be like killing 2 birds with one stone.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-07-2010, 06:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Matt has a score to settle...at least he does in Dana's mind. He was beaten twice by GSP, and I think his immediate future lies in the realm of plain old good fights...like Hallman should he surpass Karo Parysian.

If he beats Hallman, he is one step closer to another title shot anyway...it'd be like killing 2 birds with one stone.
i would like matt to avenge that loss, but when he smashes hallman real quick, we are gonna have to wait another couple of months for him to fight someone who matters ... i say matt fights jon fitch next ... that will get him another shot real quick ... but fitch already ducked matt once, his next excuse will be "i already earned a title shot, why should i have to fight matt hughes?" ...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Miss Foxy

I really would love to see Hughes vs Fitch..
Old 09-07-2010, 06:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I really would love to see Hughes vs Fitch..
i am actually kinda upset that it may not happen .... really, fitch is ranked number 2 at ww and i don't think his gameplan would work on matt .. in fact, matt would probably GnP fitch into stoppage ... that would get matt a title shot real quick .. let me go email dana and let him know
Old 09-07-2010, 09:36 PM

Hallman V Hughes has no interest to me. I am not even sure Hallman disputes who is the better fighter. Matt's Resume far surpasses Hallman.

To me matt has nothing to avenge, why have Matt train for 6 months, stay away from his family to go beat a guy everyone knows he can beat.

If matt really wants it then why not but can't say I am fussed.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Hallman V Hughes has no interest to me. I am not even sure Hallman disputes who is the better fighter. Matt's Resume far surpasses Hallman.
It doesn't matter to Dana. What matters to Dana is selling intriuging fights. Last time this came up everyone was crying the same thing with an additional "Hallman will never be in the UFC again anyway" attached. Now he is back, and I can guarantee you this "revenge" match is partially why.

Quote:
To me matt has nothing to avenge, why have Matt train for 6 months, stay away from his family to go beat a guy everyone knows he can beat.
But that is what makes MMA an intruiging sport...you never know. Hallman defeated Hughes TWICE in 37 seconds total. 37 seconds. It doesn't matter to the fans if that was the "old Matt" people will wish to see the score evened. Not everyone is an mma stat afficionado .

Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter to Dana. What matters to Dana is selling intriuging fights. Last time this came up everyone was crying the same thing with an additional "Hallman will never be in the UFC again anyway" attached. Now he is back, and I can guarantee you this "revenge" match is partially why.

But that is what makes MMA an intruiging sport...you never know. Hallman defeated Hughes TWICE in 37 seconds total. 37 seconds. It doesn't matter to the fans if that was the "old Matt" people will wish to see the score evened. Not everyone is an mma stat afficionado .
Nothing to do with stats - its like matt says in the blog - the UFC do a great job of making us think anyone can beat anyone. To me its just not an interesting fight.

And to be honest I see no wider fan interest to this, I see no fans clamouring for this fight. I don't Dana can market this hugely. I think people would prefer Matt V Kos or Fitch or anyone.

But hey, we all want different things.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It doesn't matter to the fans if that was the "old Matt" people will wish to see the score evened. Not everyone is an mma stat afficionado .
Yeah, but Matt would have to fight Hallman and totally destroy him twice to even the score. Sure, the UFC might be able to sell this fight once, but can they sell it twice? Even if they did, Matt and Hallman would still be 2-2. So Matt would have to actually fight him a third time to come out ahead. I'm not sure if I want to see Hughes/Hallman 1, 2 and 3. Especially when Matt has much bigger fish to fry.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
And to be honest I see no wider fan interest to this, I see no fans clamouring for this fight. I don't Dana can market this hugely. I think people would prefer Matt V Kos or Fitch
Wrong. Dana can market this fight HUGELY. If Dennis gets past Karo I think it is inevitable.

MMA is all about Dramma - stats are stats but dramma sells fights.