Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 09-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Chuck

Is there one with subtitles or a non-Ebonics version I could listen to?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
"Excuse me, I speak jive".

Who came out with that last year?
that was awesome!!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
"Excuse me, I speak jive".

Who came out with that last year?
that was awesome!!!!

You have just redeemed yourself for that Fedor foolishness.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
So much for Floyd staying out of the fight game and media to enjoy life with his family.

Typical though,
Floyd was doing a question and answer on UStream with his fans from Twitter and he got bombarded by people asking about the Pacquiao fight and talking crap. Don't it twisted brother, he's not out of the fight game and he never said he was.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhJDvI3gUO8
Old 09-06-2010, 05:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I was just reading Tim Dahlberg's article on Mayweather's comments and I noticed this quote.

Quote:
Joe Frazier still hasn’t gotten over Muhammad Ali calling him an Uncle Tom nearly 40 years ago, and saying he was so ugly he should donate his face to the U.S. Department of Wildlife. Ali loved to taunt his opponents but sometimes crossed the line, like when he called Leon Spinks “Blackula” because he had no front teeth.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...ahlberg-090410
I thought it was interesting because I made reference to Frazier not forgiving Ali in my blog that was posted one day earlier on my personal site and obviously this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B.
Boxing fans who are old enough, and those who are well studied, will remember Muhammad Ali's apology to Joe Fraizer in his autobiography "Soul of a Butterfly" for saying all the nasty and negative things he said about Joe during their bitter rivaly during the 1970's. To this day, there is still controversy over weather Joe has truly forgiven Ali. Boxing rivals should not be LIFE rivals, it's really not supposed to work that way. I hope that Floyd (a huge fan of Muhammad Ali) remembers that as he continues to build up hype for this super-fight.

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...72&postcount=1
I'm not saying Dahlberg took the idea from my blog or anything like that, just thought it was cool that I pointed something out a day before the AP.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Floyd was doing a question and answer on UStream with his fans from Twitter and he got bombarded by people asking about the Pacquiao fight and talking crap. Don't it twisted brother, he's not out of the fight game and he never said he was.
Don't get your knickers in a twist he was just pointing out Floyd said he was going to take a year off and spend time with his family, he wasn't saying that Floyd said he was 'out of the fight game' altogether!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Don't get your knickers in a twist he was just pointing out Floyd said he was going to take a year off and spend time with his family, he wasn't saying that Floyd said he was 'out of the fight game' altogether!

I realize what he was saying, and I was just pointing out that it was a Q&A for his fans on twitter. Floyd said he was taking the year off and spending time with his family but he's not going to be completely out of the press. He makes a lot of appearances and does a lot of stuff so he's bound to get hit with questions about the fight, it's inevitable. Logrus knows I have no hostility.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

You have just redeemed yourself for that Fedor foolishness.

lol thanks
BTW, I still stand behind the humor that no one liked with that Fedor foolishness.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Are you going to completely ignore everything I wrote and then ask people to listen to RA the Rugged Man? Really? Let's go one step further, was Mayweather SCARED of Mosley like RA claimed?

Seriously bro...should we talk about what a lot of Pinoy fans have to say about African American fans?

Because if you ask me, I would guess that Floyd and his less than civilized friends got sick of "n*gger jokes and KFC references".

I might sound dumb but this is exactly why I didn't find anything wrong with what Floyd did
To be honest im surprised it took this long.