Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
BamaGrits84

Default College Football

So I've changed my ring tone & call tone to "go bama", got a new Bama Girls shirts, got a new big screen for the games, got a schedule on the fridge, at my desk, and in my purse, & got tickets ordered to take my oldest to his first game. I'm SO ready for some football!

So what do you think the season will look like? What conference do you think will be the best?

I'm looking for #14 for Bama of course! I'm also thinking Auburn is going to shock some folks. They played way better than I expected last year. And I really want to see them do well. It will make it ever sweeter when Bama beats them in the Iron bowl.

Of course the SEC will be the best conference. But I'd like to see what Florida State will bring to the table this year. Not sure if they'll be any good this season but I'm hoping they'll look better than anyone expects.

And finally Troy University. if none of you have heard of them they are in the sunbelt. Last year they were beating LSU for the first 3 quarters. It's my school and I really want to see them move up into the sec within the next 5 or 10 years.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Miss Foxy

USC!!! Fight on!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:02 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
USC!!! Fight on!!!
3rd in the PAC 10 this season ...It's a whole different team than in years past...Lane Kiffin will destroy that program even more than the recent Bush controversy
Old 08-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
3rd in the PAC 10 this season ...It's a whole different team than in years past...Lane Kiffin will destroy that program even more than the recent Bush controversy
Word!! My 2nd fave team!! Tennesse Volunteers!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Word!! My 2nd fave team!! Tennesse Volunteers!!!!!!!!!
He screwed Tennessee over and then cut and ran when the NCAA started poking around...The guy is dishonest, unloyal, and quite frankly a cheater...I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of my program if I was an AD
Old 08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
He screwed Tennessee over and then cut and ran when the NCAA started poking around...The guy is dishonest, unloyal, and quite frankly a cheater...I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of my program if I was an AD
I know.. I know.. It's kind of a local thing here growing up in LA your either hardcore USC or Bruins.. I love Bruins basketball, and girls softball, but Trojans all day every day for football. Sucks so much controversy though in the program.. Reggie Bush really embarrassed his alumni as well... Oh well Trojan up baby!!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I know.. I know.. It's kind of a local thing here growing up in LA your either hardcore USC or Bruins.. I love Bruins basketball, and girls softball, but Trojans all day every day for football. Sucks so much controversy though in the program.. Reggie Bush really embarrassed his alumni as well... Oh well Trojan up baby!!
Don't blame it all on Bush...He does deserve some blame bc he had to have known it was wrong..But the athletic department should have been monitoring the situation much better...The same thing happened with OJ Mayo(the basketball star at USC)...It seems like the athletics department lets this happen which makes them just as guilty as the players accepting the money and gifts
Old 08-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Don't blame it all on Bush...He does deserve some blame bc he had to have known it was wrong..But the athletic department should have been monitoring the situation much better...The same thing happened with OJ Mayo(the basketball star at USC)...It seems like the athletics department lets this happen which makes them just as guilty as the players accepting the money and gifts
Yeah it's just a darn shame.. I can see their point of views growing up with not a lot of money then having all these cars, money, and trips paid for at such an early age most people wouldn't think twice.. However Reggie had a lot of scandals early in his career.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:31 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Yeah it's just a darn shame.. I can see their point of views growing up with not a lot of money then having all these cars, money, and trips paid for at such an early age most people wouldn't think twice.. However Reggie had a lot of scandals early in his career.
I understand why they would do it, it would be tempting...But if you are that amazing of a player, you have to know that you are getting that money in a year or two in the pros
Old 08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
BamaGrits84

The violations issues regarding illegal contact with agents is a multifacet problem. 1 players can't work and can't get help to pay for their needs not covered by their scholoarships. If universities could give living cost scholarships to help some of these boys they'd be far less tempted to listen to what agents offer them. Second, I uderstand universities normally give agents an opportunity to interact with players. they let agents on their sidelines. But the universities need this to get good recruits. no one wants to play for a school that is going to shut the door to them being showcased to agents. Agents are the only ones involved that have 100% power to stop the problem. these players can't get in trouble if nothing is offered to them!