Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Blade! I thought you quit smoking!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you mean like this guy?
I'm not sure why but I-love-that-gif.

sorry for going off topic but the graphics in this thread are very entertaining :-)
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you mean like this guy?
Hahaha, yeah, pretty much!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Whatever the case is imagine a Fitch vs Maynard fight? How exciting would that be?

Although Chael Sonnen gets submitted often, he shows what ground and pound should be like...and grinding your opponent down.
Maybe they should learn a little from Sonnen
It may not be exciting, but I'd still find that fight very enjoyable & interesting (assuming the size difference was negated, of course). I love watching two technical masters battle it out.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Blade! I thought you quit smoking!
I wasn't smoking it, that was lunch.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Rochambeau

I do agree with the original poster in saying that Frankie is the better fighter. I've thought he was excellent since his fight with Tyson Griffin (who I think is sick, as in awesome) and backed him to win every other fight he was to be in after that. I do have to admit that I didn't expect the Maynard lost, but with that being said, I shall make an excuse for Frankie, Maynard had reach and he used it very well, on top of that, he's a superior wrestler, too. Frankie did bounce back in the fight with Hermes and showed great submission defense. Already knowing that Frankie had great boxing, I felt like he could beat BJ (who I think was living in a world of his own at the time) in the first fight and expected him to win the second fight.

People were always going to have things to say after each fight. I think Edgar showed that he was better, maybe not better to a point where BJ was being embarrassed, but just like in the fight with Tyson Griffin; Tyson is awesome, but Frankie is better (and probably a bit more technically sharp, though I am a big fan of Tyson's very technically good Muay thai) and he showed that in each round.

Yep.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:32 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
1. this is false, the main design of the UFC is to make money. It's why Dana gets mad when certain fighters are boring, he realizes that boring fighters means that people are gonna be less interested in buying PPV's. If you cant market a fighter then the UFC is less likely to give that fighter a title shot. The fact that exciting fighters gets rewarded and boring fighters get passed over for title shots should show you that making money and excitement are the things that are most important to the UFC.
This is exactly the reason why mainstream sports media have taken so long to give MMA the exposure it deserves. Dana doesn't seem to care about MMA as a true sport, as much as he does his UFC brand. When it comes to competing for championships in any Pro Sport, it should come down to who earned it most by WINNING WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF THE SPORT YOU COMPETE IN. There will always be a spot on cards for the "bangers".