Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
They have always been a disgrace...go out there and get him "bra" is usually their best advice. I don't think BJ even thinks he needs their help. BJ is more of a boon to them than they are to him

Wow, the nuthuggers are beginning to bend

Yea, I noticed that too - what did FE ever do to BJ to deserve that!?? Oh yea, he threatened their meal ticket.

Fedor lost his luster in his last fight, Anderson Silva lost his luster in his last fight, but BJ is the biggest loser of them all because he lost twice...in a row and most thought he would roll through FE this time...including most MMA "experts" which would include Matt. FE is a better fighter, period. He has proven it twice, and he has trained better and smarter than BJ and thus earned the respect few have shown him.

I never saw the first one, but I tend to agree.

This is I disagree with, I think K-Flo would suffer the same fate as BJ not being able to catch FE. I think it would go to dec, but K-Flo is basically done as well as BJ at this point. It will take a series of very unlikely events for either to earn that title shot.
I am not a nuthugger of anything - see my other posts. Reasoned points is not nuthugging.

Well to be honest it was only the guy with the skinhead who was dishing out abusive advice - and I don't mind him saying that to help motivate - we are all big boys but what was dumb was that he said nothing constructive - BJ was doing the same thing and this guys advice is tantamount to "try to knock him out Bj without getting hurt" cheers buddy thats really helpful. The best advice is simple, listen to Greg Jackson - its never complicated but he gives clear technical orders whethers its just to mention, circle off the right or take him down or whatever.

The fact is Anderson, Fedor and BJ have always been human - they are all limited as they always have been. The aura around them was placed there by the media, by the UFC, by us.

They are by no means "done" in the same way, Hughes, Franklin and Coutore are not done. However they might be the next Liddell, Tim Sylvia and so forth.

I feel for Florian - he won the first in my mind, a lame takedown with 30 seconds to go does not constitute a win. Then after that he always seemed on the backfoot but I really believe in that guy.

There is also a difference with Spider - HE WON still and perhaps the contrast to BJ shows why the man is so great.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

wow...

I am really floored by the Baby Jay doomsayers...

Baby Jay is a hell of a fighter.. he has mad skills..

No one wrote Matt off when he lost 2 in a row.. I can't believe that people are saying that Penn is done in the LW.. makes no sense to me..

No one wrote Penn of when he lost to GSP and the Matt

Don't get me wrong.. I BARELY like Baby Jay better than Rashad... but he deserves better than some of the people here call themselves "fans"
Old 08-30-2010, 01:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
wow...

No one wrote Matt off when he lost 2 in a row.. I can't believe that people are saying that Penn is done in the LW.. makes no sense to me..

No one wrote Penn of when he lost to GSP and the Matt

Don't get me wrong.. I BARELY like Baby Jay better than Rashad... but he deserves better than some of the people here call themselves "fans"
I agree that Penn shouldn't be written off. However, loses to Matt Hughes and GSP are a lot different. Penn is not naturally a 170 pound fighter and those two guys are, and were at the time, much more highly respected than Frankie Edgar.

I don't think Penn is definitely done at LW. I just think he is ready to move on to bigger fights with more marquee value than just going after a title. Don't be surprised if the talk of a 3rd fight with Hughes starts to gain some momentum in the coming months.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

I don't think Penn is definitely done at LW. I just think he is ready to move on to bigger fights with more marquee value than just going after a title. Don't be surprised if the talk of a 3rd fight with Hughes starts to gain some momentum in the coming months.
I would have no problem with that.. watching Matt stomp Baby Jay would be fun..
Old 08-30-2010, 03:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I would have no problem with that.. watching Matt stomp Baby Jay would be fun..
I would enjoy that fight too, not sure how the UFC would feel about it right now, but the fans would definitely love it.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
wow...

He seems to by the nuthuggeries own admission to have lost the heart to perform at the top anymore. I didn't mean he is DONE as in he couldn't fight, but as far as going after the title I think he's done. There are too many guys who deserve a shot now that are climbing up the LW ladder. BJ seems to be on his way out the door.

Frankie Edgar broke BJ's spirit in a similar way Matt and GSP did at WW.

He's doomed at WW, and he's years away from a title shot at LW if he's lucky...I just don't see it and I never did...most of his opponents were overrated IMO. Not all, but most.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I would enjoy that fight too, not sure how the UFC would feel about it right now, but the fans would definitely love it.
I'd rather see Matt fight some of the staple WW's myself. This has the slight feel of a Chuck/Tito 3 to me. Bah, who cares?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-30-2010, 05:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I'd rather see Matt fight some of the staple WW's myself. This has the slight feel of a Chuck/Tito 3 to me. Bah, who cares?

I don't get that comparison at all.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
He seems to by the nuthuggeries own admission to have lost the heart to perform at the top anymore. I didn't mean he is DONE as in he couldn't fight, but as far as going after the title I think he's done. There are too many guys who deserve a shot now that are climbing up the LW ladder. BJ seems to be on his way out the door.

Frankie Edgar broke BJ's spirit in a similar way Matt and GSP did at WW.

He's doomed at WW, and he's years away from a title shot at LW if he's lucky...I just don't see it and I never did...most of his opponents were overrated IMO. Not all, but most.
Years away if he is lucky?

Overrated opponents?

Sorry bro, you got it all wrong, and I'm not even a really big fan of BJ Penn.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:51 AM

I really am surprised at people totally writing BJ off because he lost his last 2 fights by decision.

I believe he will come back stronger than ever. Every fighter has their bugaboo; his is apparently Frankie Edgar. I like them both a lot but I think PTM made an important observation about the number of fights that Frankie has won by decision.