Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-29-2010, 04:36 AM
matthughesfan21

Reminiscent of sonnen vs silva...lets see if BJ can pull out a last minute win like that fight too....4-0 edgar
Old 08-29-2010, 04:41 AM
matthughesfan21

Dominating win by Edgar...Impressive, he's in such great shape also...No excuses this time, Frankie came out and won this fight and was by far the better fighter
Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 AM
Maldonado136

Edgar's corner: "Don't let him win a single round, so he can't talk s--t!" RIGHT ON!!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:43 AM
logrus

No question tis time, Edgar dominated
Old 08-29-2010, 04:54 AM
rearnakedchoke

beej got dominated ... frankie taught him a lesson today ... bj needs to stop being the top dog in this training camps and start training with the best ... he got shut up and shut out today
Old 08-29-2010, 04:59 AM

Bj is mentally weak... whenever a fight isnt going his way from the start he folds!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:07 AM

I am not a big B.J. Penn fan. Congratulations to Edgar; however, as a fan, I am not that interested in seeing Frankie "Decision" Edgar fight. If I'm counting correctly, 8 of his last 10 victories have come via Decision. I know many UFC fans want to see big knockouts and discount the ground game. I am not one of these fans. I like seeing submissions just as much, if not more, than knockouts. However, whether the fight is on the feet or on the ground, the fighters should be trying to finish the other fighter. It seems to me that Edgar doesn't try to finish fights. He scores by darting in with quick punches and then dances away. He goes for a takedown to score points rather than unleash some ground and pound. A win is a win, but I hope he loses his Championship belt soon and is relegated to the preliminary fight card. As for B.J. Penn, I think he needs to be under better coaching. He runs the show in Hawaii. He should humble himself and train with some other camps.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Krupp

Did anyone else find the Couture/Toney fight a little....odd?

Anybody else feel like Toney MIGHT have thrown the fight? It just seemed a little weird he fell down when Randy barely tapped his leg like that. He didn't even try to fight the choke either...I don't know. Maybe i'm just being paranoid.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Rev

I am a HUGE BJ fan and I will say that if this is how he is going to ttrain and fight, he doesnt deserve to win ever again. I aint one of those who call for retirement after a couple of losses but if this is it then he needs to hang it up.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
Did anyone else find the Couture/Toney fight a little....odd?

Anybody else feel like Toney MIGHT have thrown the fight? It just seemed a little weird he fell down when Randy barely tapped his leg like that. He didn't even try to fight the choke either...I don't know. Maybe i'm just being paranoid.
Randy grabbed his foot and he tried to step backwards without it. He did try to fight the choke at first, he just did it wrong. He should have put his hand on the side of his head instead of trying to push it with his other hand.

How bout that post fight interview?!?!?!?! What did he even say? Can we get some sub-titles over here please?