Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-01-2010, 01:07 AM
3dlee

Default Matt's Win Streaks

Its pretty impressive for any fighter thats fighting top competition to go on a long win streak. I was just looking at Matt's Wiki page and if its correct,out of Matt's 45-7 record he has been on 4 streaks of 2 wins or more. The first 4, then an approx 17 fight win streak, then about a 12 fight win streak, and his current 3 fight win streak. Im not sure if this is interesting at all to anyone else, but I find it very impressive for a high level competitor to have multipe 10+ win streaks. I think this streak he's on should excede his best. The way I figure, Matt's 36, Randy's 47, Matts way better than Randy so within 11 years at 3 fights a year plus the 3 fights hes already up, Matt should be on a 36 fight win streak when he retires

i know matt really has expressed that he doesnt wish to compete that long, but it sure sounds good to me
Old 09-01-2010, 01:15 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
Its pretty impressive for any fighter thats fighting top competition to go on a long win streak. I was just looking at Matt's Wiki page and if its correct,out of Matt's 45-7 record he has been on 4 streaks of 2 wins or more. The first 4, then an approx 17 fight win streak, then about a 12 fight win streak, and his current 3 fight win streak. Im not sure if this is interesting at all to anyone else, but I find it very impressive for a high level competitor to have multipe 10+ win streaks. I think this streak he's on should excede his best. The way I figure, Matt's 36, Randy's 47, Matts way better than Randy so within 11 years at 3 fights a year plus the 3 fights hes already up, Matt should be on a 36 fight win streak when he retires

i know matt really has expressed that he doesnt wish to compete that long, but it sure sounds good to me
Smells like a plan to me!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post

i think one or two people on this site might find it interesting

[
Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM
BJs PJs

It's interesting, and it's not like every fight he was facing a can either, although some of those names might not be so well known he always fought tough fights.

Last edited by BJs PJs; 09-20-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Rochambeau

Wouldn't it be great if Matt could have 30+ more fights?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:05 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Wouldn't it be great if Matt could have 30+ more fights?
That'd be sweet, except that I'd go broke attending them all!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Rochambeau

I think it would be great if he could have 10 more fights.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
BJs PJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
I think it would be great if he could have 10 more fights.
He might not even want one more after BJ is done with him
Old 09-21-2010, 11:59 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
We have very dedicated mods here. You need to decide right now if you want to stay around and be respectful or not.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJs PJs View Post
Tell me, when Penn has lost three in a row, and three out of his last five...he may not get to have another one...at least not in the UFC.

Penn is having trouble in his own weight class...he shouldnt be moving up to Welterweight, thats suicide because thats not his natural weight...if he's failing at LW...then there is little point in him fighting at Welterweight against anyone, let alone Hughes

I almost feel sorry for Penn.

Almost